Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: College Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    Or do both. Being your own boss is always a badass.

lolwut

Truth.

CS was so boring and gay at the beginning.

YUNO financial aid/scholarships, or are your parents rich and won't give you money for college thus ****ing you from both sides?

Yeah something like that, they got mony in the bank and since I ****ed up i dont get anything when they die, so im screwed while their living.
    Spoiler!

i've lost my got damned mind

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post
    I just showed up to my first class 20 minutes late.
    Also on a scale from 1-10 how helpful would a laptop be?
    in Computer Science we used desktops the whole time, just make sure you have a USB! Don't not have one! Every day!
    Alternatively be a baller and use your email for saving files \o/

Laptop wasn't super useful for that class.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    10 as something you use in college overall
    4 as something you use in class

You'll be faster writing your notes than typing them, but you have more tools and distractions with a laptop.
    Also you can pull resources from the course website a lot easier.
    Carrying it's a ***** if you public transportation, so unless your days are full and you're there all day and get picked up by car, I'd say having one at college is balls unless you notes on it.
    Currently taking Bio/Chem I find it useless :P I just write notes as my Bio teacher has very few notes and my Chem teacher's notes consist of a lot of drawings which are a ***** to insert without a drawing tool.
    Taking earlier classes like English, Social studies, etc, it was ****ing awesome and damn near necessary when your whole tests are made off of notes.

Quote Originally Posted by KittySamurai View Post
    If you're just getting one to take notes and check facebook, look into a netbook rather than going all out on a laptop.
    Seriously. Netbooks are way more portable and other than battery life being a problem do word fine and internet fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I have three-day weekends due to not having any classes scheduled for Friday.

Which day do you people suggest I try to use as a day off/"emergency work hours" day?
    Friday?
    Saturday?
    Sunday?
    Personally I'd Saturday, but it depends on when you prefer to hang out with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz View Post
    My cousin has tons of notes recorded actually by his computer mic. It's pretty handy. But he said it sucks to hear his professors repeat them.
    It's actually illlegal to record someone without getting their consent, which is why you have to ask a teacher before you record his class and a lot of them will straight up say "No", but it depends on your teacher. If they're note heavy sometime they won't unless it's a special reason (Learning Disabled) because they want to make sure you are listening, that's very important.

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    Yeah something like that, they got mony in the bank and since I ****ed up i dont get anything when they die, so im screwed while their living.
    That sucks total ass.
    Gone with the wind

I have a 17" laptop and I bring it from my apartment to campus every other day.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Don't have a custom title so this space will have to do

I have a 17" laptop and I bring it from my apartment to campus every other day.
    argh. I have a 17.3 inch laptop and for the life of me I can't find a backpack with enough padding to make it not seem very very dangerous to ever carry it around.

Click the above free music i am so artist
    Spoiler!

I have a special computer bag that fits my computer. I want to modify the bag a bit to fit more stuff, though.

Or just buy a new bag.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by OneSevenNine View Post
    argh. I have a 17.3 inch laptop and for the life of me I can't find a backpack with enough padding to make it not seem very very dangerous to ever carry it around.
    Had this same problem and it was only 15" lol, I don't like the shoulderbags, I like ON my back bags, and I always feel like it's not enough considering the size of any books I might also have to bring.

I have a special computer bag that fits my computer. I want to modify the bag a bit to fit more stuff, though.

Or just buy a new bag.
    Yeah those are nice but rarely fit much more than the computer.

Those satchel/shoulderbags/european handbags or whatever are also better for your back I hear, but I just can't get used to it.

--
    I wonder how safe an iPad would be to take, I'm currently inbetween a netbook,an iPad, and a Macbook Air for school purposes over the next few semesters.
    Gone with the wind

Lol apple products.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Do they still make apples where they can't open .exe programs normally? Last time I used an apple, I had maplestory on the computer, and clicked the file, and it tried to install (not the installer, this was the game).

MapleStory shouldn't be run on Macs.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

My binder with loose-leaf paper has more functionality than a iPad.
    Butts.