Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3rd Job Skill Build

I believe that AR will really work it's magic when it's about lv 25+. What's the attack on your Bow? Since AR and Inferno have equal power now you should focus on whichever one has more SP in it. Inferno has an advantage that it can burn and will be effective against them (Fire is good against them). I'm unsure if Inferno works close range though.

You will burn LOADS of pots at Typhoons, however you gain a fair amount of exp in the process. At lv 81 you should try going into the upper left cavern in the Typhoon map. In there are Stormbreakers and Windraiders. With skill you shouldn't be touched, however Storms do about 1.1k damage touch and 1.5k magic damage, but that's got bad range to it.
    Last edited by Phazonkirby; 3rd August 2010 at 03:56 AM.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonkirby View Post
    I believe that AR will really work it's magic when it's about lv 25+. What's the attack on your Bow? Since AR and Inferno have equal power now you should focus on whichever one has more SP in it. Inferno has an advantage that it can burn and will be effective against them (Fire is good against them). I'm unsure if Inferno works close range though.

You will burn LOADS of pots at Typhoons, however you gain a fair amount of exp in the process. At lv 81 you should try going into the upper left cavern in the Typhoon map. In there are Stormbreakers and Windraiders. With skill you shouldn't be touched, however Storms do about 1.1k damage touch and 1.5k magic damage, but that's got bad range to it.
    Inferno won't work up close, but it does have one more advantage over Arrow Rain. It is a ranged attack. It dramatically cuts pot costs when used correctly (especially in unison with puppet). Later on, the burn effect isn't as important, but when doing mid-level training (90-120), it is a very nice boost. Eventually, you'll kill mobs too quickly to notice the burn effect, but currently it can really help rack up damage. One technique I liked to use (especially at peak) was puppet mobbing:

You aggro a group of monsters by attacking them all. You'll know if they're all aggroed by the burn effect. Continue around the map aggroing mobs. Finally, when you get to a corner or edge, throw up puppet (try to place it out of harms way if you can...if not, it will hold up for a while still). Let the monsters attack the puppet in a giant group while you spam Inferno on them. The damage really adds up, and you use very minimal amounts of pots.

Spoiler!

I tried that spot at Typhons... I didn't work out as well as I expected so I'm going to train at WR a few more levels since I got extra exp from my ring.

Umm... since I'm low str(50), should I buy str overall or dex overall?