Thread: Hmm... weapon or overall?

Default Hmm... weapon or overall?

I'm at 87 and my base dex is 22, (supposed to be dexless.. but went from a str-less hunter & gunslinger for rings back to my marauder and accidentally spammed onto dex), and I'm not sure whether to get a good overall or good weapon.

My equips are currently:

80/5 Steelno
    5 STR 11 DEX Barone
    15/15/15/15 Zhelm
    1/1/1/1 Glasses
    9 Dex earrings
    2 ATT 5 Dex PAC
    5/5/5/5 Deputy Star
    4/1/1/1 White belt
    4/10/6/7 Agent shoes
    10 ATT WG
    Cruel Ring
    Veteran Medal

Which results in:
    1298~2336
    STR - 470:(430+40)
    DEX - 80:(22+58)

I have 150m for either a 20Dex (bath)robe or 100+ ATT White Fangz.

If I buy the White Fangz, I'll rush out my Yellow belt and 100% it for dex 84:(22+62), Maker and 100% a Viska 87:(22+65) and then add on three more DEX stats for a nicer looking but still 25 base dex 90:(25+65).

If I get the robe, I'll buy/make an 90-95ATT White Fangz, and save up for an end game King Cent. Also a strange thing I noticed, King Cents are more expensive compared to White Fangz.. A 103 ATT King Cent was sold for 150m, and a 100 ATT White Fangz was left hanging at 100m.

Keep in mind 150m can only afford one or the other. I'll have enough money for the 'other' by mid 90's if I still wanted it, but I need help deciding which one. I'm buying a (bath)robe because I switch characters very often. A 20 DEX pirate robe would probably go for 70m~, while it's (bath)robe counterpart goes for at least 120m. :/

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Don't bother with the bathrobes. They're too low leveled to be potentialed for anything good. You can easily hunt a clean 80+ pirate overall with better stats. Right now, you should be working on gathering up potential equips (currently, +stats will be better than +%stats for you). Because the bathrobes are below level 30, they are worthless when potentialed. Don't even bother with them.

Spoiler!

The thing is... I dont have the dex for an 80 overall. I'm using a level 60 overall to use my Steelno. It also wouldn't benefit my hunter or aran, either.

Potential scroll a belt and cube it for dex+ if you can stand it. Potential reaches it's optimum stat gains at 71+ so you're going to want to optimally wear a level 80 overall, PaC's are kinda outdated, most clean potential capes will outshine a pac. So if you have a money you can risk a potential scroll on one of those too.

Even then, a bathrobe isn't worth investing your money in. It's so completely worthless later on.

Spoiler!

Then I guess I'll have to find a STR/DEX % cape. With 22 base dex, will a percentage cape really help? Or does it mean I'm going low dex for the boost in STR?

Also, I don't have any and I'm not planning on getting NX. For me to do any potential hunting other than with monsters (belts, eye, etc), I'll have to constantly scroll until I get a decent stat boost. That's not possible with the funding I have.

I've managed to get decent % equips with very little Nx. Most of what I got was from merchanting in MTS or spamming 70%s.
    Also, % stats affect your total, not your base.

Edit:
    With these out, you should aim for higher level equips. Don't go full-on dex, but still shoot for %str. I'm slowly working up my total luk to wear higher level mage robes, even though I don't need it for my wand. Same should go for you. Slowly work your total dex up to the point that you can equip higher level armor. 3% str will beat just about any dex shoe you can get, so ditch the dex shoe for that and upgrade a bit more to your base. Little things like that add up.
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 16th August 2010 at 04:03 PM.

Spoiler!

That sounds like a good future plan if I ever get rich... but I need to figure something out for level 90. I'm level 88 now still with 80(22+58) dex and I will barely have any funds after buying a weapon let alone potential hunting an overall (if I'm going to do that, it'll be for either the 110 or 120 overall ).

Heres what I'll try after getting a white fangz:

1. rush out and 100% dex a yellow belt
    2. Get a high dex with str percentage cape with funds from the PAC
    3. Get a high dex with str percentage shoe

If that gear adds enough total dex, I'll sell my earrings too for str percentage. Remaining funds go into King Cent & late game overall?