Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Evan Mount Problem

  1. #1

    Default Evan Mount Problem

    Okay, So I am having a major problem. I am ready to get my first mount (Been ready for 40 levels) Issue is that has been bothering me is that I can't progress the quest! I've talked to Grendel the Old and what not but he doesn't do anything for me. I tried talking to Fangblade and won't do nothing, I even went to the underwater utopia like place and still nothing. Why won't it let me progress? I haven't received the mount at all. What have I done wrong?

  2. #2
    im a helicopter Omar Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    over the Middle East dropping my payload
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celadara View Post
    Okay, So I am having a major problem. I am ready to get my first mount (Been ready for 40 levels) Issue is that has been bothering me is that I can't progress the quest! I've talked to Grendel the Old and what not but he doesn't do anything for me. I tried talking to Fangblade and won't do nothing, I even went to the underwater utopia like place and still nothing. Why won't it let me progress? I haven't received the mount at all. What have I done wrong?
    Did you pay 10mil and get the saddle yet? If you did, equip the saddle and use the mount skill in your beginner list. You should have that too.

    Edit: Mounts are kinda pointless for Evans because they have teleport but oh well.
    Spoiler!

    Spoiler!

    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

  3. #3

    Default

    No, I haven't paid the 10 mil yet and thus haven't received the mount saddle yet which is why this is frustrating me like crazy.

    Has anyone had this issue? I've tried talking to the dragon, I've talked what I've said in the first post. Is there nothing I can do?

    In short: I can't even start the quest line at all and can't figure why.

  4. #4
    Jr. Necki Lotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    dont be
    Posts
    450

    Default

    For Evans, there are three different level mounts: 50, 80, and 120. Your mount is actually Mir or your dragon. Each time your dragon ‘evolves’ after level 50, you will need a new saddle. If you have the level 50 saddle and you reach 80, you will no longer be able to use your mount until completing the next quest.

    *edit* Also, you must complete all previous mount quests to get level 80 or 120 mounts.

    These are the 3 quests:

    Level 50 – Speed 150%/Jump 120%

    Upon reaching level 50, go to Ellinia and talk to Grendel the Really Old. He will ask you about mounts and there will be several mini quests between Grendel and Mir. Then, he will ask you to speak to FangBlade. (In the warrior sanctuary)

    Go to the Perion Job building and talk to FangBlade. He will tell you to go to Kenta to recieve a saddle.

    Now make your way to Aquarium and speak to Kenta at the Zoo. She will need 50 Seal skins, dropped from the female seals located left of aquarium, a seruf pearl, dropped by Seruf, a low level boss located at two maps right of aquarium. Lastly, you will have to pay 10 mil. Once you have recieved the saddle, you will not be able to mount yet.

    Go back to FangBlade in Perion to recieve the monster rider skill.

    Level 80 – Speed 170%/Jump 120%

    Once you reach level 80, you will need to get a new saddle. You won’t be able to ride your old dragon either. First go back to Kenta in aquarium. She will ask you to get 10 Lycanthrope Leather, 2 Captain Alpha’s Buckle, 2 Unbreakable Porcelain and 30 million mesos. Lycanthropes can be found in deep El Nath. Captain Alpha’s Buckles can be obtained by breaking boxes at the maps left and right of aquarium. The BIG, dark boxes, not the small ones that you see everywhere. Lastly Unbreakable Porcelain can be obtained from Captain Hwang in Herb Town. Take the dolphin taxi to reach Herb Town. After gathering all the items and the 30 million mesos, go to Kenta to recieve your new saddle. Equip it and you will be able to ride on your dragon again!

    Level 120 – Speed 180%/Jump 120%

    At level 120, your dragon will outgrow his saddle once again. Head to Kenta in aquarium. She will ask you to recieve 300 Wyvern Toenails, 300 Destroyed Nests, and 300 Egg Shells. You will also need 60 mil to recieve the 3rd saddle. Get Wyvern Toenails from Dark Wyverns. Destroyed Nests are from Nest Golems which can be found normally or can be summoned after killing certain Jr. Newties. Egg shells are gotten from Jr. Newties. All these monsters are located in Leafre. Once you have gotten all these items, return to Kenta with the items and 60 mil to recieve the 3rd stage saddle.

  5. #5

    Default

    I appreciate the detailed walkthrough to the poster above but that is my problem It won't allow me to even talk to Grendel and I haven't even received my first mount saddle or been given the chance to receive it. I ask once more what have I forgotten to do? I am a level 90 Evan and It's getting more tedious for me to get some places, I mean it's possible but I like to most fast paced so please someone help me with this problem soon.

    Edit: Okay I think I might have found the problem, Just need your clarification fellas. Could It be because I never finished all of my (New Hero) quests..?
    Last edited by Celadara; 17th August 2010 at 09:52 AM.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Celadara View Post
    I appreciate the detailed walkthrough to the poster above but that is my problem It won't allow me to even talk to Grendel and I haven't even received my first mount saddle or been given the chance to receive it. I ask once more what have I forgotten to do? I am a level 90 Evan and It's getting more tedious for me to get some places, I mean it's possible but I like to most fast paced so please someone help me with this problem soon.

    Edit: Okay I think I might have found the problem, Just need your clarification fellas. Could It be because I never finished all of my (New Hero) quests..?
    Edit Confirming the first, Yep It was the fact I hadn't done my quests for the new hero stuff. This can be closed now.

  7. #7
    Green Bean rasudoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Avatar
    Posts
    5,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lotz View Post
    Then, he will ask you to speak to FangBlade. (In the warrior sanctuary)
    Wait, what?
    by Cryopon

  8. #8
    Slime
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Wait, what?
    Yeah I remember something about going to Fangblade because he is a 'strong warrior' or something that the NPC said. I remember that it was also to get a mount. But Evan? Then again i never got the Evan mount because evans have tele.

    WAIT maybe because I went to FB on my ARAN and hes a legend also, so it could be.
    Level 12x Drk- Active
    Level 10x Hermit- Inactive
    Level 9x Priest- Active



    Legit Scanian since Patch 0.13 (Nov 2005.) I love Scania... The Legendary Server of Maplestory.
    I am also a Conservative Republican. Ronald Reagan <3, George W. Bush <3, Sarah Palin. <3
    Naruto Progress: Naruto Episode 220 Bleach: Episode 40

  9. #9
    Jr. Necki Lotz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    dont be
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Yea evans need to talk to the first level 200 in the game to be able to get their mount. It isn't warrior specific I am sure if a thief was first I would be visiting Suushi.

  10. #10

    Default

    where is Fangblade? I couldn't find him :(

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •