Thread: 4th Job Questions

Default 4th Job Questions

I need some help with a few things regarding my new 4th job.

1. Are Newties the best training spot for me right now(lvl120)? I feel like they are just way too slow.

2. This is a build that I got from basilmarket. Is this a viable build?
    120 – 1 Hurricane, 2 Sharp Eyes
    121 – 1 SE(3), 1 Bow Expertise, 1 Dragon Breath
    122~123 – 3 SE (9)
    124~129 – 3 Hurricane (19)
    130 – 2 Hurricane (21), 1 SE or Bow Expertise
    131~149 – Sharp Eyes depending on availability of Skillbooks, then Expert.
    150~153 – Maple Warrior
    3. Are skillbooks hard to find? Should I hunt for them or should I purchase them?

4. These are my current items and my stats, can you guys tell me what I can improve on?
    Zhelm - 16 str and dex
    Broken Glases - 1 str and 1 dex
    Earrings - 6 str and 2% str
    MoN - 6 str and 5 dex
    Overall - 23 str
    Cape - 2 att
    Gloves - 11 att
    White belt (I'm getting black belt real soon)
    Lilins ring - 2 str 2 dex
    lame shoes - 2 str 2 dex
    50 base str and my equips turn my total str to 111
    Last edited by huBelial; 19th August 2010 at 04:19 AM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Yes, doing mostly Hurricane first is the best build for a BowMaster. I would cut out the 1 Dragon Breath though, I've rarely used it. My friend had it at 21 later on, and still never used it. With a high level of hurricane, you can pick off skelegons quickly enough that you won't need a ranged KB. (DB is a ranged only move, so it isn't like pkb)

That's almost exactly what I did, except I did MW to 19 right before I finished Bow Expert. This was just so I could more effectively cap my Str to wear a Reverse Bow. I didn't want to wait any longer to wear a Reverse, and I didn't want to pay for resetting later.

You can improve upon the Earrings and Shoes to start. Instead of %str, get % dex and upgrade a bit of base str. 2% dex will add MUCH more than 2% str (you'd need like...8% str to equal 2% dex). You can hunt or buy some cheap %dex shoes.

After you've finished that, hunt a % dex cape (probably 3% dex or better). It will benefit you more than 2 attack, especially if you can find an Epic/Unique one. At your level, 2 att is about equal to 10 dex, so that's not hard to top.

Then, work on a bow or potential overall. At your level, it may be difficult to beat a 23 stat overall, so maybe 90% potential it? If possible, put off equipping a Reverse until you have at least MW9.

Skillbooks are hard to find. Buy them. You should be looking for SE20 at a cheap price. It will be your most expensive one. Cane20 and 30 are no more than 10m each in Kradia, and are not rare. SE30 is about 7m here. Bow Expert is also pretty cheap and common.

MW20 will be your big killer. If you cannot find a MW20 book, go with Concentrate next, and then work on MW. However, by the time you hit late 160s, you should either upgrade MW to 19 or save points for it (should you get a book).

Spoiler!

Slime

Quote Originally Posted by huBelial View Post
    I need some help with a few things regarding my new 4th job.

1. Are Newties the best training spot for me right now(lvl120)? I feel like they are just way too slow.

2. This is a build that I got from basilmarket. Is this a viable build?

3. Are skillbooks hard to find? Should I hunt for them or should I purchase them?

4. These are my current items and my stats, can you guys tell me what I can improve on?

50 base dex and my equips turn my total str to 111
    Newties atm are probably your best training place. They are slow but you should probably wait until 125 to go to skeles; however Im not saying its impossible to go to skeles since I have seen a couple of BMs/MMs there, its just personally I wouldnt go yet.

The build is fairy accurate, remember, Hurricane and SE are the most important skills.
    I would probably put 1 on Dragon Breath latter though and focus on the two main skills first.
    Skillbooks have very low drop rates from monsters however they could be found. SE can be however found from skeles and Pianus.
    I would go to Pianus because the drop rate is substantially higher from bosses.
    You could also however go to FM and just buy them. 20 Skillbooks are all cheap (except for MW) and SE 30 isnt the most expensive skill of the 30 skills. Generally ranges from 5-10 mil on Scania.
    Maple Warrior 20 helps, but is not that necessary; well you wont be crap without it.
    MW 20 is 90-110 mil on Scania. MW 30 runs at 1bil+ so I would skip it. :P
    4. You equips are also pretty good. It all depends about money. I would maybe sell the overall and get a +20ish str (as you have it) but also it would have 5 str. Shoes could be upgraded and it would be good if you had a Adv ring but sadly thats impossible.

And 50 dex+ 111 str= 165 stats?
    Seems a little bit low?
    Last edited by xMurtaghx; 19th August 2010 at 04:18 AM.
    Level 12x Drk- Active
    Level 10x Hermit- Inactive
    Level 9x Priest- Active

Legit Scanian since Patch 0.13 (Nov 2005.) I love Scania... The Legendary Server of Maplestory.
    I am also a Conservative Republican. Ronald Reagan <3, George W. Bush <3, Sarah Palin. <3
    Naruto Progress: Naruto Episode 220 Bleach: Episode 40