Thread: Smog

Default Smog

The province issued an air quality warning on Thursday, advising Albertans to take precautions against potential health risks as a result of deteriorating air quality across the province.

The drop in air quality is as a result smoke in the air drifting from forest fires in B.C.

Smoke and particulate matter can be absorbed into the lungs, and aggravate existing health conditions. People with respiratory or heart conditions are the most at risk from poor air quality.

“I strongly advise people with asthma, bronchitis or emphysema to remain indoors, keep their windows closed and take any preventative measures their physicians have previously recommended," said Dr. André Corriveau, Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health in a news release. "Healthy people should also avoid strenuous physical activity outdoors while the local air quality is bad. Anyone who experiences difficulty breathing should consult their physician.”

Residents can contact Health Link Alberta 24-hours a day and speak to a registered nurse by calling 1-866-408-LINK (5465).

The Edmonton Humane Society is also advising pet owners to keep their animals indoors.

The conditions were so bad in the city of Edmonton on Thursday morning that 911 received several calls from residents who believed their homes were on fire.

The hazy conditions are expected to last until Sunday.
    Source: http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/fores...412/story.html
    No wonder my asthma's been acting up today
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Well that sucks.
    I'll be staying inside today.

Wow nanop44 i had never figured out that you were Canadian and you too phoenix. Welcome to the club!

Slime

Yeah actually all last week New Jersey had a Air Quality Alert Warning. >.<
    Level 12x Drk- Active
    Level 10x Hermit- Inactive
    Level 9x Priest- Active

Legit Scanian since Patch 0.13 (Nov 2005.) I love Scania... The Legendary Server of Maplestory.
    I am also a Conservative Republican. Ronald Reagan <3, George W. Bush <3, Sarah Palin. <3
    Naruto Progress: Naruto Episode 220 Bleach: Episode 40

Banned

Hope it wasn't from the damn russians.

I envy you. Your blog is much better in content and design than mine. Who did the design for you?

Hi there! Do you have any suggestions on some good and trusted asthma medications online which can help with asthma in such situations? I would appreciate any input on it, thank you so much for your help, looking forward for replies!