Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: The food thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Compared to other fast food they do have some of the best "healthy" options, but there are many things on the menu that are just as bad as the typical trash-food.

A footlong Club (one of the subs they advertise as "6 grams of fat or less" has 620 calories by itself (no cheese, dressing, extras, etc). Get anything other than wheat bread (especially the Italian Herbs & Cheese) and you tack on a ****ton of sodium, carbs, and fat. Adding the standard 4 slices for a footlong adds nearly 100 more calories and has almost the same amount of fat as the sandwich alone. Even the light mayo will add 100 calories to a footlong, and regular mayo adds a whopping 220.

And that's one of the advertised "healthy" subs. Yes, Subway CAN be healthy, but even a seemingly harmless, supposedly "healthy", best-selling sandwich is incredibly misleading.
    Says the guy that once bought two footlongs for dinner. ._. Well look on the subways food guide to find the most healthy, and nutritious one. Do they put salt on their ingredients? 0.0 excluding the sauce..

How about mr. subs, never tried it.
    Last edited by kaglover1; 19th April 2013 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    it was started in omaha nebraska
    there's like two places people say they originate from. as someone living in nyc, I'll just say they're quite glorified here

Kag you're missing the point again. More often than not people go out to eat something delicious, not necessarily healthy.

Subway isn't as healthy as they advertise but I don't care, some of their sandwiches are delicious.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    Says the guy that once bought two footlongs for dinner. ._. Well look on the subways food guide to find the most healthy, and nutritious one. Do they put salt on their ingredients? 0.0 excluding the sauce..

How about mr. subs, never tried it.
    That information was all pulled directly from their website. Me knowingly purchasing unhealthy food has no impact on it. I'm not scolding anyone for eating Subway. I'm trying to point out that it's important not to buy into advertising. Don't look at their "food guide"; that's a terrible idea. In small print it says the nutrition is calculated as a 6 inch sub with plain wheat bread, no dressing, and no cheese. It's incredibly misleading. Actually read the nutrition information.

Most of their ingredients are filled will sodium. A single 6 inch Cold Cut Combo with plain wheat bread, no cheese, no dressing, and no pickled vegetables (banana peppers, pickles, etc) is already over half of your daily recommended intake. Most of their subs have processed meat, and that packs an incredible amount of sodium.

The same goes for just about every sub place that uses similar products, by the way. Subs aren't healthy. They may be a bit healthier than huge greasy burgers, but not by as much as people assume.

Spoiler!

idk about yoy, but a footlong from Subway is just not filling. Sure it's a lot of food, but...it just kind of leaves so much more to be desired

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    idk about yoy, but a footlong from Subway is just not filling. Sure it's a lot of food, but...it just kind of leaves so much more to be desired
    yep

It's a ****ton of bread and leaves me with a bit of a headache. I feel full for all of an hour and then I'm hungry again. Also it all pretty much tastes the same. I enjoy it, but there's no way I could eat it over and over again.

Spoiler!

Once in a while is good, not everyday

Banned

Recently every time I eat a footlong combo I've been getting a numbing headache. Might be the sodium or crap, but isn't fun at all.

less talk more food

is that sriracha
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100