Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexon-hosted NX surveys

Beginner

Default Nexon-hosted NX surveys

Why the hell do only like 5% of them work? I'm just trying to get another 3k NX to finish off my Evan skillbooks since I'm in the 60s now but NONE OF THE SURVEYS in ANY of the 3 sections will give me anything, it's REALLY starting to get on my nerves. I just spent almost 2 hours filling out surveys and I didn't get anything. I fulfill the survey 'requirements" to the ****ing letter and it just does not give me NX.

WHY?

Anyone know which surveys actually work? One of my friend suggested the QuizJungle ones, but the requirement is "Reach the quiz results page" and when I reach the GOD DAMN quiz results page and wait like 15 minutes, it does not give me any NX. I'm just getting Nexon'd left and right with this ****.

Sorry if this is the wrong section but it was the closest I could find. Maybe I should have posted this in empty house.

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    I have actually done several similar surveys for a different game (operation7 through netgame) and gained nearly 30k in game cash through it. Along the way I found some great sites that help you to both protect your identity and still give you enough information to complete most surveys.

first is a temporary email site that I like to use:
    http://www.guerrillamail.com/

That will get you a temporary email that you can give to those survey sites so your mailbox doesn't get spammed.

Next is a fake identity generator:
    http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/

This site will generate fake information for you to use. The thing's that won't work are the address, the email, the SSN, the credit card info, and the UPS number

Last is an addon for google chrome (it might also be for firefox, but idk)
    http://www.mywot.com/

This site has a database of sites and their ratings that is generated by people who have experience with the site in question. Most survey sites have ratings on WOT and most of them are bad. What I use this tool for is if I get to a survey site with horrible ratings, I make up ALL my information. If it's a survey site that has very high ratings (extremely rare but I've seen some) I'll use mostly fake information but I'll use stuff that's closer to reality (I also won't do downloads unless it's got a stellar WOT rating)

After about the 30th quiz, I also started picking up on what the general trend of the surveys were. There are 3 general categories:

1) The actual survey
    This one is extremely rare but I was fortunate enough to find a few of these. These surveys contain very few ads, are very easy to follow, have intelligent questions, finish within the time specified, and give you your nx in every instance of a legitimate finish.

2) The advertising junk
    These surveys ask you for some personal information, and that's about it. The questions in it seem utterly pointless, and as you go through you're pelted with ad after ad after ad. The thing to remember about these surveys are that every ad has a way to skip it. What messes a lot of people up is that there's a skip button in both the ad AND the survey site. You need to use the skip button on the survey site or you will probably be redirected to another survey with more advertisements and you'll never get your nx. The skip button is occasionally hidden in fine print, or moves to different locations on the page. You need to be aware and click the right skip button and answer only the things that are required to be answered. If you do this the survey should eventually end after a while and you have about a 80% chance of getting your nx.

There is a subcategory in this of surveys that are a never ending stream of ads. I've gotten through some only to be faced with a required advertisement. I had to fill out extra junk in order to proceed. These surveys will never finish. You can't tell the difference between these and the ones I mentioned previously until you get to the "fill out 1 of these silver offers" part. These are extremely annoying as you are never able to finish the survey and you waste like 20 minutes wading through advertisements and don't get anything out of it.

3) The information farm
    These survey sites ask you for a lot of the information other surveys ask for, but they don't have as many ads. Sometimes, all that's asked of you for this is to sign up and validate your email (sometimes you don't even need to validate email). These sites, if you read the legal junk, basically sell your information to the highest bidder. The surveys here are usually reliable in giving you nx, and most of them you can finish, but you send your information off to whoever the website sells it to. This is where the fake information comes in, because if you give them fake information that they count as valid, you will remain completely anonymous while you get your nx.

There are other types of surveys you'll run into, but that covers the bulk of them. Type 2 surveys are most common, and type 3 you'll find occasionally. I actually liked type 3 the best because I had a wealth of fake information to give out and I could get free money without losing anything of my own.

The hardest thing you'll have to deal with in taking these surveys is finding a bogus address that works. It took me a while to finally pin down an address that both did not exist but was valid in the survey sites sign up routine. I settled on a set of buildings that were slated for demolition or basically abandoned somewhere in the country and took addresses from there. You should NEVER use another person's address (i.e. don't go around your neighborhood and choose a random house) without their permission, and I did do research on the places I used and made sure they were completely unoccupied and would not receive occupation any time soon.

Some surveys will also only let you continue if you fall into a certain category of survey takers. These surveys you eventually get a sense for, and you learn what information they want to hear. Then you can lie and make yourself fall into a category you really don't fit in. This doesn't matter as most of the survey sites are fake anyway, and they make a survey just for show and to waste people's time. When you master this, several more surveys should be able to be completed and you can get nx for those.

It's a pain in the butt and you eventually run out of free offers that you can do (although some are repeatable daily, watch for those), but it'll probably give you a free 30k. In the game I did this for, I could use that to buy permanent weapons that were of higher level than I was (which is what I used it for and now I'm reasonably happy). You should find a good way to use the $ you get from the nx surveys because you don't get very much :P.
    I quote myself again on this issue...

Managed to obtain 60k NX total and that's without trying the credit card applications BS.

Anyways, here are some hints to make sure you get it right:

1. Have your MS email account. Check it frequently to see a confirmation purchase of NX.
    2. Reset your cookies.
    3. If you encounter those ads that say "giving away free items", they won't but if you do it correctly, they will award you. Fake info is recommended.
    a. Skip the ads.
    b. Click yes on serveral ads about 2 or 3 of them.
    c. Follow the rules when you reach silver, gold and platinum offers but do not fill them out. Leave them tabbed.
    d. Keep following the rules to the end page and wait for the offer to be finish.
    e. If the reward did or did't arrive in couple of minutes, close and restart or start a new one.
    I'm Retired.

Beginner

OH MY GOD

I FINALLY DID IT

I am never doing that again. If I ever want any more NX I'm just going to buy it. This $ per hour worked is terrible.

Also thank you a LOT for the tips. I was slowly figuring it out but once I thought I had something figured out, I would just randomly get BSed by another offer.

topic is closed but i just dont feel like making more threads;
    i did a bunch of surveys (completed, that is) from this one site called quizland or something.
    i only got one "credited" to me.

is this a once-per day thing or something?

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Certainly isn't one a day thing. I've done it twice and credit 2 times. It's how you do it.
    I'm Retired.

Theory : Nexon put up these surveys knowing the vast majority will BS them, thought 5% probably buy $1000 worth of crap that goes to nexon per hour
    the noob sage
    curly stream[ ]
    sonara wave[ ]

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    is this a once-per day thing or something?
    In netgame (operation7) there was a way to see which surveys were one time only and which were redoable and on what cycle. Check around the nexon page for that, I didn't have to dig too deep in netgame to find it. Most of the time if you took a survey it'll disappear from your survey list.

I find it very disappointing that sites with games for children would promote scamming, information farming, and advertising sites. They have no idea how big of a child safety issue having those scam survey sites up is, but then nexon doesn't care they're being run by dead rabbits and interns who happen to find new computers laying around the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharticus View Post
    Certainly isn't one a day thing. I've done it twice and credit 2 times. It's how you do it.
    i dunno, what i do (and it works the first time) is i reset all my firefox cookies, cache, etc, log in at the site.
    open up fakenamegenerator.com for addresses/phone numbers (you don't need valid phone numbers for the particular site), and mailinator for email addresses.
    then i do the quiz really fast, just enter random answers, put in a random birthday (also doesn't need to be valid), then fill out name, address, etcetc.
    then i get a flood of advertisements, of which i skip every single one. after about 10 minutes, i reach the "quiz results page".

here's the rub; the first one i do, i get my nx almost instantly. every one after that, i don't get anything at all. it gets stuck on the "viewed" page and never goes to "credited". it's really annoying because i DO get to the quiz results every single time, but it only works once a day for me...

also, the quiz-nx-survey thing i do, they're all from the same site, BUT DIFFERENT QUIZZES WILL GIVE NX. so its basically doing the same thing multiple times, and every time i finish a quiz (lets say the "what character are you"), it disappears (i get the nx), then i do another one ("what's your animal" or something), and this one doesn't get credited...
    day after, i log in and do the 2nd one ("what's your animal") and it gets credited, but any other quiz i do after that (for that day) doesn't.
    ._.'
    Last edited by emailbox; 15th September 2010 at 09:46 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Banned

johnny actually told me this, and it works great:

for addresses, instead of using fng, take an actual address of a fast food place or something, like a taco bell or a gas station