Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a few questions

Default Just a few questions

So hey, I just started mapling again two days ago after a long LONG break/hiatus. And the game seems to have changed a lot since I last played and Iiii have a few questions to ask so please bare with me!

1) I started a new dawn warrior on a new server(Bera); what sort of equipment should I look for(Note that I plan on using the same equipment on my future Pally)? And what stat build should I follow?

2) What exactly is crafting? Profession? And traits?

3) What is with that sidekick thingy? It's confusing me.

4) Why did the GFA and attWG prices sky rocket? I remember buying my 10 att WG for 140m and now it's 3xxm?

5) Heard there is an event going on, should I look out for it? Does it have any decent rewards?

6) What kind of items should I look for when merching and can I get a p/c on the following items?
    *Earring into 70%
    *Shield mATT 70%
    *Wand mAtt 30%
    *1h sword att 30%

There are more. A lot more, but I can't seem to remember any of'em right now. So let's save them for another day, alright?

Note: I may not make a lot of sense(And my grammar may be ****ty) and that's mainly because I'm feeling tired and sleepy. Ironic? No? Alright.

Telling us the last time you played would help so we don't cover unnecessary things, or skip things.

1) Warrior equipment is pretty simple. Anything below level 80 doesn't count for much anyway, so just save until you can get a decent Tier 3 overall/top+bottom. You should be fine with pretty standard weapons until around the 4th job area, where you should begin to look for well scrolled and cubed weapons. Generally a 1h Sword and a shield is preferred, though.

2) Crafting is the ability to make equipment and potions. Professions are sub-categories of crafting, which divide into the 2 base (herbalism and mining) and 3 main (alchemy, smithing and accessory crafting) professions. Pretty simple there, you need herbalism to do alchemy, and mining to do the other two. Crafting is pretty much just using the professions. Traits are like an alternate set of stats for your character, with given bonuses, and that you can level up by doing certain things. Hover over them for specifics.

3) Sidekick is fairly recent. It allows a character 5 levels over another character to sidekick the lower level character, and the lower level character gets a pretty awesome buff and shared Exp. That's all I know about it, and I don't think there's anything else really.

4) No idea. Prices change.

5) The only event that comes to mind is the magic gacha event, which is useless. You just pick up those red tokens that drop from any monster and then win like 4 blue potions. Waste of time.

6) For merching, you'd usually want to go for high priced and high demand items. Attack Work Gloves are generally the way to go. As for your PCs, from my knowledge, they are about: 3m, 8m, 1m and 1m, respectively.

Yay Ur playing in Bera! Friend: IEhwI
    1) Friend me and ill give u Japanese Map! =3 cost a lot :)

2) Crafting: Is to make new potions, amours and accessories. You can craft when you go to Adermill town.
    Profession and traits are the same thing. Now, the ores disappear from monsters and you have to mine it to get mores and mine it to make a plate. After you make plates, you need a specific recipe to make your equip.

3) SideKick just came out a couple weeks ago when Halloween event started. If you sidekick with someone, you get extra ATT, and your stats. (Its like a party but you don’t get bonus exp but get bonus stats.

4)GFA is 12m and 10ATT WG is about 250m. It went high after the ascession patch.

5)Like I said it’s a Halloween event.(Even though Halloween just passed) You can get pumkin chairs, titles or scrolls. Click the red envelope on your head at X:15 or X:45 to go in to the haunted mansion. It is way different and worse than the last year Halloween event.

6)Easy way to merch is mining. You can mine every day for 10 minuite. Lots of people will buy bronze for 300k and addy for 250k. If you are a dawn warrior, recommend 10ATT WG, Good PAC, and 2%+Earing/shoes. And Japanese map when you reach lv. And evolving ring.

PS: I dont know what p/c means. Are u trying to say pink adventure cape?

Remember: Friend me! IGN: IEhwI ill make u up to lv 120 in no time and u can be a UA.

OH YEAH If you have cash, don’t use MTS. You can get MTS hack by hackers. They could know ur IGN and your password when you purchase it. I got hacked 2.7b so WARNING!

REMMEBErFriend ME: IEhwI

Quote Originally Posted by ehw View Post
    Yay Ur playing in Bera! Friend: IEhwI
    1) Friend me and ill give u Japanese Map! =3 cost a lot :)

2) Crafting: Is to make new potions, amours and accessories. You can craft when you go to Adermill town.
    Profession and traits are the same thing. Now, the ores disappear from monsters and you have to mine it to get mores and mine it to make a plate. After you make plates, you need a specific recipe to make your equip.

3) SideKick just came out a couple weeks ago when Halloween event started. If you sidekick with someone, you get extra ATT, and your stats. (Its like a party but you don’t get bonus exp but get bonus stats.

4)GFA is 12m and 10ATT WG is about 250m. It went high after the ascession patch.

5)Like I said it’s a Halloween event.(Even though Halloween just passed) You can get pumkin chairs, titles or scrolls. Click the red envelope on your head at X:15 or X:45 to go in to the haunted mansion. It is way different and worse than the last year Halloween event.

6)Easy way to merch is mining. You can mine every day for 10 minuite. Lots of people will buy bronze for 300k and addy for 250k. If you are a dawn warrior, recommend 10ATT WG, Good PAC, and 2%+Earing/shoes. And Japanese map when you reach lv. And evolving ring.

PS: I dont know what p/c means. Are u trying to say pink adventure cape?

Remember: Friend me! IGN: IEhwI ill make u up to lv 120 in no time and u can be a UA.

OH YEAH If you have cash, don’t use MTS. You can get MTS hack by hackers. They could know ur IGN and your password when you purchase it. I got hacked 2.7b so WARNING!

REMMEBErFriend ME: IEhwI
    No they're not. I explained that already, if you bothered reading my reply before posting either the same, or incorrect information. And P/C means Price Check, for future reference

Only. Put. Strength.
    With the new patches, Warriors don't need dex for anything but like, the Stonetooth sword, which isn't worth getting unless you have enough DEX without adding any.

You're going to want a Japanese map, but only if you can get one without too much work, because you won't use it for too long. The best thing you can do, is get a Neos set at level 100, as they could both be potentialed for %STR.
    A Zakum helmet would be good, but ONLY for the Pally. As DWs have obscene amounts of STR already. (+140 more than their normal Warrior counterpart) If you have any more questions, I'll go in to detail here later.

Crafting is one of the professions. Professions are two extra "skills" you get from the town. If you remember maker, just imagine a new version of that. You could go herbalism, which is used ot make potions. Or go mining, which is how you get ores, and plates. Once you go to the town,m the NPCs will explain it all to you. And traits, well, even I don't understand them yet.

The "sidekick" ability has just come out, so it's a new thing .Basically, it's where you, and another character are "partners, or "sidekicks". You can get buffs for it, and extra killing experience. IF I remember correctly. Otherwise, I haven't looked in to it much.

GFAs have rocketed fast, because of the new patches that have come out. Everyone is apparently after att on their gloves..

I'm not sure about the event you mentioned.

I am completely inexperienced with merching.

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    No they're not. I explained that already, if you bothered reading my reply before posting either the same, or incorrect information. And P/C means Price Check, for future reference
    Sorry I was writing while you posted. I think =3

The P/C between items differs in servers.. And i thought the event was where you trade in sunshines and get a maple chair...

Quote Originally Posted by ehw View Post
    Sorry I was writing while you posted. I think =3
    No I'm quite sure you weren't. Your post time is 16 minutes after mine, and I don't think it'd take longer than that to write your reply. Either way, no worries about it and sorry if I sounded a little mean.

Shield for mAtt is worth quite a lot, I'd suggest walking through the FM browsing through stores to get the specific prices for your server, if 60 people sell an item for 10m the odds that the item is worth around 10m are pretty big, I don't know of any good/active Bera players on HS so I doubt with the fluctuation of prices that anybody is able to give you an accurate estimate.

10 att Work Gloves are used for merching, they go for about 5.5k NX on Bellocan right now and between 280 and 320m. Merchers buy them to get NX, NX buyers get them to get mesos, and some people just resell them.

Also, traits are, well, traits, levelled by using a skill(Herb gathering gives empathy, crafting gives diligence, mining ores give insight etc.), willpower is gained through being online for a longer amount of time and ambition is gained from certain items and killing bosses. I don't know whether there are other ways to get Charm, but certain items give charm as well the first time you equip it.
    Some of the traits directly influence your professions(Diligence can give you % chance to get double the mastery) and some of them increase stats(Empathy gives extra MP on level up).
    Bathis - 13x Ice/Lightning Archmage
    Level 130 [X ] - Level 140 [ ] - 10K minimum range [ ] - 30% int from eq [ ]

Signature made by Blankaex

Well, people barely use shield Matt because its rare. However, it dosent cost 10m… It cost about like 12m. About the same as the GFA.