Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: People in Lectures

Just give them false notes.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

The only unsavory types of people I encounter in my lecture halls are those who engage the professor in lengthy, abstract, past-current-material, or unclear discussions. They drag on and on and on and on and on about something or other that's related to the subject but only tangentially to the current material. Even worse if they're jumping ahead, because then they're just being pretentious.
    They all just come off as pretentious or overly distracted with some tangentially-related topic. God, it'd be nice if we could just cover the material more in class to clarify stuff. Lectures on course material and NOT academic forums people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    but you can up ur strangth maek u strongr wit ap rite rite?

Also, luckily I'm home-schooled, so I don't have to deal with this kind of stuff.
    I'd rather deal with it than have a subpar education.

Most of my classes in community college are quiet, but my history professor is pretty annoying. He's always repeating -exact words- that he used the class before in little jokes about the material.

Honestly it's a breeze. I don't even have to pay attention in college algebra. I can completely wing it and get an A because i took algebra 1/2 and calc in high school.. Should have taken the AP test.
    Mudkip 66 Lann

Quote Originally Posted by Starlit Azure View Post
    I'd rather deal with it than have a subpar education.
    You have no idea if his homeschooling is subpar at all. I've known people that do amazingly well in college and in life in general, that have come from homeschooled families. Think of it this way, he gets a nearly 1 on 1 education. Personalized attention. If he has issue with a particular subject, extra time can be allotted to it without worrying that you're keeping back the rest of the class. It really depends on the home-schooler and the curriculum they follow.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why Daos should never ever go away:
    Spoiler!

I prefer my 7 person grade tyvm

more social and way more fun
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Short of moving into another district, homeschooling is often the best choice for many rural families. Not every student is the same, and not every school district is the same. Weaker systems often teach in a generalized and standardized manner. Memorizing isn't learning, and repetition isn't development.

Also, the stereotype of homeschooling is rarely accurate. From what I've seen, parents will branch out and use a multitude of resources to back up the homeschooling process. The biggest problem in regular schooling is a lack of parental involvement. Students with parents who don't care usually don't do as well. These parents obviously care about their children's education, otherwise they would just have shipped them off to "free day care" for 12 years.

Spoiler!