Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heartbreak

Default Heartbreak

The absolute worst kind of pain.
    Sucks.
    Balls.
    xJayzillaIL [Bera] - lvl 141 Arch Mage Ice Lightning (Apple Mule :D)
    Ecstatopic [Bera] - lvl 132 Marksman

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Bad breakup?

Spoiler!

I'm sorry I can't empathize with you.

You have my condolences
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by Jayzilla View Post
    The absolute worst kind of pain.
    Sucks.
    Balls.
    Especially when the memory of it haunts you for the years to come.
    Sucks, best advice I can give you is try to get over it as soon as possible I guess
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

More details since I'm sorta kinda better.

So me and this girl had been dating since early january. Things were fine between us and we spent tons of time together although like neither of us could really afford to spend that much time together. So then saturday was our school's homecoming so we went together and we were sitting together talking and she brings up how she has no time ever and it's pretty much the same w/ me. She started talking about how she has to balance her time between her friends and me and school and cross country. Then she starts crying which is when i'm like "oh **** here it comes..." and she tells me how she can't handle having a boyfriend anymore and that she really regrets ever getting into a relationship in the first place (she doesn't really believe in them). So at that point i'm pretty shocked and sad and whatnot because we had talked about this several times before but we sorta agreed that we'd manage and do as much as we could for each other but I didn't wanna be a jackass or like too possessive so I didn't argue or anything and we sorta split after having our hour long convo full of her crying..

The heartbreak part of it is that she says that she wants to spend her free time with her friends instead of me which sorta killed me, especially since the friends that she wants to spend her time with she's only known for about 2 years. I talked to her best friend earlier and she told me how she's (the girl who broke up w/ me) been sorta neglecting a lot of her old friends. Me and the friend who I talked to about it have known her for over 10 years..

It's just disappointing is all and I've been around the friends who she wants to spend her free time with and quite frankly they don't really respect her at all which is ****ed up because here she is, sacrificing pretty much everything to spend her time with them... it just sucks overall..
    xJayzillaIL [Bera] - lvl 141 Arch Mage Ice Lightning (Apple Mule :D)
    Ecstatopic [Bera] - lvl 132 Marksman

My condolences to you Jay.
    I'm Retired.

This will happen more than once, you'll have to get used to it. New girlfriends=Harsh breakups =(

Too many teens will find drama in any situation, even if they already worked out the drama. It's good that you can keep a somewhat level head though. It sounds harsh, but look at it this way, at least you found out about her need for drama now instead of later.

Spoiler!

Teen relationships are futile.

Sure you can get laid, but besides that it's all so fake. Best off spending your time in high school focusing on work. There's plenty of time to get some in college/after college when you're making 6 figures.

To further explain, they are futile because you are frankly immature. As you start to get towards the age of 18 you begin to see things differently, and when you look back you realize how straight up retarded your teen and preteen relationships were.
    Mudkip 66 Lann

Quote Originally Posted by Areks View Post
    Teen relationships are futile.

Sure you can get laid, but besides that it's all so fake. Best off spending your time in high school focusing on work. There's plenty of time to get some in college/after college when you're making 6 figures.

To further explain, they are futile because you are frankly immature. As you start to get towards the age of 18 you begin to see things differently, and when you look back you realize how straight up retarded your teen and preteen relationships were.
    This.

I think dating is fine and healthy in high school, but investing too much in a relationship (as that girl obviously did) only hurts both people involved. She shouldn't overwork herself to that point anyway. If she can't handle school, friends, and a casual relationship, she needs to rethink her values. I think you did the right thing in just letting her go on. She's a young adult trying to live life as a fully mature woman, and she obviously can't handle it yet (but no one should expect her to).

Spoiler!