Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guide to "Capping" Stats

I have 15 DEX base. Good?
    by Cryopon

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Edited warrior big bang accuracy stuff, and spoilered the old section for pre-bb users.

Spoiler!

*not sure if this is the right place to post it* sry if I did

Hmm I"m a Db and i have 99 base dex, is it worth lowering it to 50 or 25 dex ( does the 50 ish luk or 74 luk make any diff) I can get the nx for it but will take a while to merch up to 9b( mts for nx) to buy all those reset. and I'm lvl 166.

Spoiler!

It depends on how much you care about damage. While 99 base dex is pretty high, it's not character-breaking by any means. You'll definitely notice a damage change, but we need more info to tell how much (%luk gear, +luk, attack, %damage skills, MW level, etc).

Unless you already have incredible potential gear (100%+ luk and well cubed dagger/katara), that ~9b isn't a worthwhile investment. There are other things you could focus on that would give you a far better damage boost. Currently, my Blade Master is sitting at 56 base dex, but even with everything scrolled for luk (except my pants), I'm at 179 total. Overshooting is probably going to happen unless you stay "dexless". Nexon constantly releases new items, and over time, those will throw off builds.

So, a tl;dr of my answer: If you have other things to upgrade, do those first. Once you get ~6-12% luk on everything and well cubed weapons, it might be time to start resetting out of your base. Not only will it be more cost effective, but 1 luk won't always mean 1 luk. If you have +100% luk, resetting out 40 points will actually give you 80 more luk (and even more with MW).

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Tesiqurasa's Guide to Capping Stats

Bowmen
    Bowmen simply need enough total Str to equip a reverse weapon (125 for bow, 120 for crossbow). If you picked the Bowman class, congratulations! This is arguably the easiest class to effectively build. Scroll and potential whatever you can for dex. Since you cannot scroll much for str, you will rely more on your base. With the release of the Chaos Horntail Pendant, capping at 50 base str should be easy.

Early Game: Go strless. You can still wear full archer armor and equip a variety of bows/crossbows that are nearly as powerful as full-str bows.

Mid Game: Begin upgrading str. Str is expensive and difficult to scroll, so focus on dex. Upgrade enough base str to equip at least a lvl 90 bow or crossbow.

Late Game: Bring your total str to an amount that lets you equip a lvl 100 weapon and begin to focus on potentialing and scrolling. 40-80 base is realistic. Anything more than 80 is overkill, and anything below 40 is difficult.
    Man I have a doubt, what the levels in Early, Mid and Late Game?

Example: Early (Level 1-30) Mid (31 - 70) etc...

Can you help me with this?

And a good final STR for Bowman that's a 50?

I'd consider "early" to be anything before 3rd tier, so 1-70. At that point, it's almost always better to take a class in the "less" direction. Mid would be 3rd-early 4th, and late would be 4th+. "End Game" is more of an ideal that few players actually reach, but is still attainable.

Spoiler!

So maybe 50 in STR for Bowman, it's good?

I play in El Nido(if this change anything)

I don't know anything about the newer servers, but 50 STR is a great cap for bowmen. You'd be safe with anything <70.

Spoiler!