Thread: Magic Flare vs Killer Wings

Default Magic Flare vs Killer Wings

Kk, i'm lvl 93 on my Evan and i figured since i mastered fire breath and magic amp already, i'd go for Killer Wings. Currently its level 9, which supposedly has a better basic attack of 276 than magic flare, which at max level is 270.

im not too familiar with the formulas since i dont pay much mind, but which would be better to use?

Also, i had heard from a guildmate that Killer Wings was Dark-Element.
    is this even true? I dont recall there being a "Darkness" element in maple until i saw that Kacchuu Musha, whom has a "Normal Against: Dark"

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Well, max on Wings is 320, higher than Flare but not by a significant amount.

Spoiler!

Magic flare right now has a higher mastery % use that. Once you max killer wings, you'll probably switch to that. You'll also have to get used to killer wings "tracer effect."

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Wings
    "Attacks a monster from a distance. All successive attacks target that monster."

yeah, the Lock-On effect im fine with, it's just troubling trying to decide which is gonna give me better damage, so i guess i'll stick with magic flare.

Ok after finding out myself, apparently Killer Wings (now at lvl 12, yay lvl 94) IS a dark element. since i dont recall ever hitting 5k on death teddys, lucida, and grim watches...

So far, what i can find as "resistant" to Darkness are these 3 monsters, im going to guess its among most undead / Dark-based monsters, i'll look for some more as i continue

Killer wing I hit like 50ks with flair and 60-70ks with killer wing and the lock on effect is very helpfull 2

Don't blink >:U

If I were to choose, I would rather Magic Flare than Killer Wings. Killer wings first, than use magic flare. Although killer wings have the advantage of a longer range and higher damage, the disadvantage is it might sometimes attack the mobs behind the mob that you are attacking, which may deal more damage to you as you provoke it. Killer Wings is slower too(At least in MapleSEA).
    Last edited by ultimatehero; 12th December 2010 at 10:49 PM.