Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bricked Google Chrome

I just use one browser for everything.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by F50 NOS View Post
    Under most circumstances, I would not create a new thread in An Empty House, but drastic times call for drastic measures.

Dae, your link to that video game last night bricked my Google Chrome. Now I can't watch any videos on the specific anime website with Google Chrome. Not to mention I frequent that site a lot. Now I have to use Firefox. Plus, support for the open-source browser is basically nonexistent and out-dated. So sad...QQ
    O_O''' seriously? I've been using that game on chromium (google chrome nightly) for the past 2 days and nothing's happened. I even clicked on my own link that I sent you in the chatbox and nothing happened. I have no idea why it would cause that kind of a reaction on your computer.

Since all else seems to have failed then go for chrome 9.0 (chromium/chrome nightly) and see if that fixes it:

http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/s...-rel-xp/63693/

Download the mini_installer.exe file and run it. It should install chromium onto your computer. Be aware though that chromium updates like literally hourly sometimes and there is no autoupdater in chrome nightly. To update the browser you need to google chrome nightly and go to the trunk builds tree and download the mini_installer for the latest version. There's an addon called Nightly Chrome Updater that you can look up and install on chromium to help you with this. In fact, by the time you click on that link and download that mini_installer there will probably be a more updated version of chromium out :P.

If that STILL doesn't work then why don't you roll your computer back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    O_O''' seriously? I've been using that game on chromium (google chrome nightly) for the past 2 days and nothing's happened. I even clicked on my own link that I sent you in the chatbox and nothing happened. I have no idea why it would cause that kind of a reaction on your computer.

Since all else seems to have failed then go for chrome 9.0 (chromium/chrome nightly) and see if that fixes it:

http://build.chromium.org/buildbot/s...-rel-xp/63693/

Download the mini_installer.exe file and run it. It should install chromium onto your computer. Be aware though that chromium updates like literally hourly sometimes and there is no autoupdater in chrome nightly. To update the browser you need to google chrome nightly and go to the trunk builds tree and download the mini_installer for the latest version. There's an addon called Nightly Chrome Updater that you can look up and install on chromium to help you with this. In fact, by the time you click on that link and download that mini_installer there will probably be a more updated version of chromium out :P.

If that STILL doesn't work then why don't you roll your computer back.
    1. It didn't cause a problem with my computer, it caused a problem with one specific website while using Chrome.

2. I don't like to be a guinea pig for beta/nightly builds. Plus, while Chrome is based off Chromium, they are still separate entities. It's not like this problem is irresolvable. I can just use Firefox as opposed to downloading a "new" browser.

3. I'm not rolling back my computer for this problem. Rolling back is a drastic measure, and because the system changes very frequently, there is uncertainty whether rolling back will create more problems for the system. In the scope of things, I feel that rolling back my computer for 1 tiny problem is not worth the big risk of uncertainty that comes with rolling back.

If F50 can't fix it nobody can.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    I just use one browser for everything.
    This, except I use Opera when I'm mapling since it opens up faster than mozilla does and doesn't lag maple as much
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    If F50 can't fix it nobody can.
    Quote for Truth
    by Cryopon

It's all Dae's fault. I use Chrome because it's fast and IE is just slow. Firefox, though not as fast as chrome but good enough

Chrome on my computer is slower than FF
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Chrome on my computer is slower than FF
    Then you've got a junk computer
    kidding

Firefox 4.0b8 still has a slower startup for me but that might be because of speed dial. If I didn't have speed dial with custom pictures and everything in it I think the startup speeds of ff4.0b8 and chrome9.0 are about equivalent. As for page loading times, both browsers are approximately the same. I honestly like the chrome gui and startup page much better than the firefox gui and the speed dial startup page.

I hate the Chrome GUI altogether so I'll be sticking with Firefox.

Until I can have my tabs under the buttons in Chrome and some other things.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Dae314 also broke my earbuds.

Now they're covered in masking tape because electrical tape is too expensive

Spoiler!