Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legit 1-50 Guide (MapleStory) My Version at least!

Icon1 Legit 1-50 Guide (MapleStory) My Version at least!

Check out the guide with the pictures and stuff at this link. CHECK IT!

How To Hit Level 50 In Maple Story In A Week Or Less
    This Will be a no-joke, no-nonsense guide on how to get to level 50 as fast as humanly possible. I will do a 51-100 guide soon as well.
    1. Okay so the first step is to create your character. Obviously....

The character creation screen probably looks something like this but with dual blades added, and in English.

2. From Levels 1-10, you should definitely just follow the tutorial. Level 10 should take no more than 30 minutes.

Now, level 10 is important for the majority of classes. You can choose your "Chief Knight" specialization or your explorer class. For Aran's and Evan's nothing will change except for Evan's your dragon gets bigger (or maybe you get your dragon, can't remember).
    So Pick your class and let's move on!

3. Levels 11-20
    a) Cygnus Knights
    For Cygnus Knights you will just be doing quests with NeinHart and that monkey dude, just leveling up a few times. At level 13 you get a quest from Neinhart to take the boat to Ellinia and then the taxi to Henesys. This is all pretty straightforward. Make sure to check your quests tab every time you level up, because the quests under job are usually important. For Cygnus Knights this will be just for level progression, but for other classes this is especially important! For Cygnus Knights, just follow the level 13 quest all the way through and if you are not level 20, go train on octopuses.

There's a really good area for this right to the left of Kerning City. Check the following picture for a better idea on where to go.

b) Explorers (Dual Blades Included)
    For explorers you are pretty much set on a straight path for level 20 almost instantly. The quest involving the "seal" thing pretty much takes you right there. If you do not know what this is, keep reading, if you do skip to section 4 (or 3c or 3d if you want to be an Aran or Evan, respectively.) The NPC (Dark Lord, Grendel, Etc) will give you some quests. Do the training quests and pretty much seriously just follow all the quests they give you. This quest line is important because it not only gets you to level 20 easily, but it also gets you a good reward at the end, which is a class specific hat that takes the form of an animal head. This hat has VERY good stats, and it a really good boost for all classes. I would say this hat could rival the Deputy Star in price if scrolled well. So DO NOT forget to check your quest tab every time you level.
    In th
    This is the Magician version of said hat.
    c) This section will be for Arans.
    I believe for Arans (although it has been a hella long time since I last played the low level area for Arans) You will be going to Lith Harbor at this point. Talk to tru, Who is located at the top of Lith Harbor. He will start a quest line with you. The Aran quest line is VERY IMPORTANT. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. A lot of Arans skills are gained through doing quests. ALL OF THESE QUESTS sprout form this quest line. If you do not have all the quests completed you could miss out on an entire skill, and that is not a good move. If you need a place to train a level, I again suggest octos. Refer to section 3A if you do not know the map near Kerning City to fight a good octo spawn. It is very important, once again to check your quest tab EVERY level.

d) This section is devoted to Evans.
    I do not honestly, know too much about Evans. I only got to level 20 cause I didn't really find them that interesting. I will devote more time to the Evan specifically and update this as time goes on. However, for Evans you can just continue the quest line started at the very beginning of the game. This quest line is also very important, because like Aran's you gain something from them. This time it is Skill points rather than the skills themselves. You need these skill points if you want to max out your skills (the important ones at least). So, once again, CHECK YOUR QUEST TAB EVERY LEVEL for new quests under the "Job" section.

4) Levels 21-30 (My Way!)
    For levels 21-30, I have a very simple method. It may take a while compared to other methods (actually I don't think it does) but it also gets you money. First off, just grind on octos from levels 21-23. Refer again to section 3A if you need to know where a good spawn of octos is. I always train there until level 23 at least, sometime 25. Mages, and Evans, can get major exp there. I think mages have better DPS there, and they can sit on the ledges and kill so they don't lose as much health. From levels 23-26 do quests, or, as I do, train in sleepy wood. There is a quest line is sleepywood which starts with The Remember, who is located in sleepywood at point (b) on the following mini.

The quest line starts with a quest titled "Strange Mushrooms." Follow this quest line all the way through, and you should be level 28 . I always am. Then, you can talk to the remember at level 28, and he will take you to the Nihal Desert, where you can start ANOTHER quest line. This quest line ends with three repeatable quests for major experience. Therefore, if you keep doing those repeatables over and over again, you should be able to get to level 30 from 24 in about 3-4 hours of straightforward game play. At level 30 its time to make your job advancement, and GTFO(n) to the next section!

REMEMBER ARANS AND EVANS! CHECK! YOUR! QUEST! TAB! EVERY! LEVEL! DONT FORGET!

5) Levels 30-35! YAYYYYY
    Okay, levels 30-35 are easy too. Maybe 38. I always get to 38 doing this.
    At the end of the quest line you abused to get form 28 to 30 lol, you can continue and do the "Mushroom Kingdom" dungeon area. This area is a straightforward quest line about saving some mushroom princess chick from Bowser or something. Anyway, you can do this quest line fairly easily. At level 35, once you have completed the area, there are a few quests you don't need to do. However, if you do them all you will get from levels 35-38 easily. After level 38, you cannot use the dungeon anymore. Literally, they kick you out.

6) Levels 35(or 38) - 50. (No lie, I do this all the way to 50, every time.)
    At level 35 (or 38, depending on which level of lazy you are) you can go to CPQ(1). Now, hers the thing about CPQ(1). You can go there at level 30, but you will suck. I prefer doing TW's (trade wins). Check this comprehensive guide on CPQ1 if you don't know what I'm talking about.
    http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/show....php?t=1411694
    This guide will tell you all you need to know.
    Basically you kill monsters for points. You can't use your own pots though, you have to use the pots that drop from the monsters you kill. You get hella experience from the monsters, especially the Rombots. They are hard to kill, but the exp is SO GOOD ITS CRAZY. The team with the most points wins! You can also summon monsters to help the other team get points faster (and exp) each round. For a loss you get 10k exp, and for a win you get 30k exp. So, for 10 minutes each, during trade wins that an average of 40k exp every 20 minutes. The reason I do TW rather than actually competing is because if you lose twice that's 20k exp every 20 minutes. But if you win its 60k exp every 20 minutes. I just play it safe and go TW. After level 50 you cannot do this anymore. I usually sit there doing TW until level 51 though. The experience is really good IMO, and I am a 3 year player.

7) Information!
    Unfortunately, My characters were recently hacked. (GASHP!)
    However, I have relocated to Bellocan. I do not mind helping others, so don't hesitate to add me, as I play every day.

Characters!
    OromisGleadr : Level 56 Aran
    DurarBrades : Level 46 Dual Blade
    TehEllondu : Level 15 Thunder Breaker
    These are the only characters I will be playing. And although I am maining my DB right now trying to get FJ, I will probably be maining the TB because I have always wanted to get a Cygnus knight to 70. Plus a few friends are starting up and they need a "tank."
    Also, E-mail me at
    [email protected]
    Or check me out on MMOhut, the best site Evar!
    My name on there is Ellondu. I will post a link below.

http://mmohut.com/forums/members/ellondu.html

Feel free to contact me via Email or on MMOhut. I will check each one daily. I hope this little guide helped someone. Although it's probably not the most efficient way to get to level 50, its pretty damn good, and it works for me.

The Pictures dont appear on here, but as soon as I have the entire guide posted somewhere like a blog or something I will post a link.
    Last edited by ellondu; 26th October 2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Add a link

lol 38-50 CPQ, didnt need a guide to tell me that and at 40 PYPQ is much better exp

Quote Originally Posted by supafranky View Post
    lol 38-50 CPQ, didnt need a guide to tell me that and at 40 PYPQ is much better exp
    1. no it's not.
    2. you're running around the forum flaming everyone, kindly stfu.
    3. this guide isn't that great, its more like a huge advertisement disguised as a thread.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    1. no it's not.
    2. you're running around the forum flaming everyone, kindly stfu.
    3. this guide isn't that great, its more like a huge advertisement disguised as a thread.
    That depends. PyPQ is awesome exp at 40+, provided you have a mob attack. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the only jobs that don't have a mob attack at level 40 are assasins, fire/poison wizards and clerics (but they have heal, which I THINK works on the monsters in PyPQ). It takes 15 minutes for one PyPQ, and you get approximately 60k exp if you spam a mob attack and get about 2000 kills, last time I checked. That gets you 60k exp every 15 minutes, whereas two rounds of a TW (win/loss) gets you 40k exp in 20 minutes. Even if you win both, it's 60k exp in 20 minutes, five minutes longer than CPQ. The only drawback of PyPQ is that it burns hella a lot of pots, but you do get pots at the end (Pharoah treasure boxes).

Although I do agree with you about the guide not being that great. They didn't mention anything about 25~30 Subway PQ. 15~20k exp in 10 minutes. Better than KPQ, Ariant Colleseum, Grinding and questing. 30~35/38, Mushroom Kingdom quests are alright, but hella boring. It's either Kill X monsters or Collect X items. Boring as. Tbh, at 30 on my non-main characters, I get free CPQ wins. Much, much faster. Then PyPQ up to < 50, which is where I usually give up and leave characters hanging.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Big thing about PyPQ is not getting exp from monster kills. Even with constant win in CPQ, I get more exp from killing monsters. It's why I often did constant loss in gali just so I could have insane mobs to train on.

Spoiler!

Let's do the math on CPQ.
    We're going to base this off of a level 40, for example.
    You're at 500 points at 5:00, you just got Max roms. (Also, thsi is being extremely generous. Most people have max roms by 7:00)
    You require 235,372 experience to level. (I got this from Mapletip, not sure if this chart is before or after the change.)
    Provided, you're at 0.00%, and rombots are 450 experience. You have a PARTNER even, so you're going to split it.
    Say....225 exp a kill. Killing 6 at a time, (Average mobbing amount) 6 die, that's 1,325(?) exp. Going from my head, that's about .50%. In 6 monsters, WITH a person with you. Say you get to 1,000 points by yourself. (Average amount for level 40) That's....at 5 points a Rombot, 100 = 500 pts, so 200 = 1,000. That's 20%. Roughly 30% if you solo. On top of the bonus experience which should give you about. 7%-ish.

So don't tell me CPQ is bad.

1000 points by yourself is average for a level 40? Well, that's new... I've only seen 40's barely making 500 with a partner. Also, yes, in PyPQ, it's a shame you don't get exp from killing monsters. If it were just 10 exp per monster, that's another 20,000 exp you get at the end. I did not say CPQ is bad, I just said PyPQ is easier. No need to summon, no need to run around and find pots or loot maple coins, just spam mob attacks and potions. And it's slightly more exp, unless you're some godly funded pro at level 40 and you can kill rombots in one hit...

i am lvl 37 I/L mage
    if i don wan go for CPQ where can i train?

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    1000 points by yourself is average for a level 40? Well, that's new... I've only seen 40's barely making 500 with a partner. Also, yes, in PyPQ, it's a shame you don't get exp from killing monsters. If it were just 10 exp per monster, that's another 20,000 exp you get at the end. I did not say CPQ is bad, I just said PyPQ is easier. No need to summon, no need to run around and find pots or loot maple coins, just spam mob attacks and potions. And it's slightly more exp, unless you're some godly funded pro at level 40 and you can kill rombots in one hit...
    Please do not post unless you know what you are talknig about. My Aran at 40, my DW at 37, and my DB at 40, AND my Brawler at 40 could all solo 1,000 points. Maple Coins? Don't NEED to loot em'. And it is NOT more exp. You average 65k exp at level 40 as a general mobbing character. Pulling off 1,400 - 1,700 kills. If you win in CPQ, it's 30,000 bonus exp. And I'd say maybe 50,000 exp killing? And it takes 10 minutes. CPQ isn't "harder", it's just different. I have terrible internet, and I still do it. My only problem is looting. (1 poition in 3 - 5 seconds) I was solo'ing max Trojans on my DW at level 35, coming out with 750-1,000 points. With 150? exp a kill, that's a minimum of 20,000 exp for killing. WITH a partner. Not to mention the experience you get for partner kills. As wll as the fact you can get half way through a second CPQ before Nett's pyramid is even over.

Edit: @ Conniecherry - Stay at Iron mutae until level 40, then go to Truckers in Singapore. Or go to Roids. (In magatia, few maps form Iron mutae) Train at Roids or Truckers until level 50, where you will go to Mysterious path 3 in Singapore. Train at MP3 until 70, or alternately hit up Wind raiders in Lower ascent ay about level 60-65.
    Last edited by Wyatt; 25th November 2010 at 11:07 PM.

I get it. You're uber pro at CPQ. Jeez.

And ConnieCherry, do CPQ until 40, then do PyPQ by yourself unless you don't have lightning. Alternatively, you could try Roids or Iron Mutae in Magatia, or Truckers in Singapore. That should last until level 51. From there, do Windraiders (if you can hit enough), or Mysterious Path 3 (MP3) in Singapore, or continue with the Truckers. You could also try Pac Pinkys, Selkie Jr.s and Slimys in the Ghost Ship maps. At 60, head straight to Sea of Fog Ghost Ship PQ thing. That gets you about 300k exp a win, if you're good. And if you have a lot of mesos, you could also try BF Leeching.