Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Go away, jesus

The God of Destruction! Masked King's Avatar

You don't like my religion? It's cool bro. Tell them you're not interested.

But guess what? I don't care if you don't believe in my religion. I believe in jesus and don't take to kindly to insults but you kindly admitting it seems fair. Still just say you don't want to go.

Edit: Science can't solve everything you know. Plus I find it more logical that someone created the universe then it randomly coming from an explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by nanop44 View Post
    stereotypes are coolz
    I wouldn't have anything against religion except, you know, the Catholic Church delayed our scientific advances for about 500 years
    Corruption back then, sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    But I have not seen even one person do the same with Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, or whatever else.
    Jews - Holocaust
    Islam - Frowned upon by most idiot people and blamed for terrorism
    Buddhism - Buddhist people generally should detach themselves from the world right? So where is the point in preaching to others about it (sorry if this sounds offensive, it is not meant to)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnywup View Post
    Another thing is that Islam is so frowned down upon it makes me sad. It's the only religion I can respect, because (partially) the religion believes in science. They had scientific Facts in the quuran before they were discovered.
    And also, most atheists know more about religion than religious people. Religious people stop asking questions and accept everything, Atheists find more in order to disprove.
    I don't want to sound negative or anything, but the scientific thing in the Qu'ran interests me, what are some scientific facts described in it?

Also, Atheist people believe that God does not exist, I doubt most of them know more about religion than religious people. And about the whole accepting and no asking question, a lot of religious people do that, at least the children-teens do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masked King View Post
    Edit: Science can't solve everything you know. Plus I find it more logical that someone created the universe than it randomly coming from an explosion.
    Big Bang is still just a theory, and you can't really logically say that someone created the universe, not in a logical way.

If you don't wish to accept any of this religion stuff from your family, ask them if they want a son who lies to himself and his families and pretends to believe in the God that they believe in. No one will say yes to this, but expect them to find some ways around it.

People who are extremely religious is quite scary. But at least they're not turning to a cult, that'd be much more dangerous and scary.
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Jews - Holocaust
    Islam - Frowned upon by most idiot people and blamed for terrorism
    Buddhism - Buddhist people generally should detach themselves from the world right? So where is the point in preaching to others about it (sorry if this sounds offensive, it is not meant to)?
    Christianity - Fear mongering

All religions have their bad sides and bad history, but I've seen way more soliciting from Christians.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by supalime
    Lying forever is probably not the best idea, but it could work. Being blunt might make them stop, but the results could be disastrous. Maybe there is some sort of middle ground?
    Exactly what I'm wondering.
    Last edited by Areks; 27th October 2010 at 01:59 PM.
    Mudkip 66 Lann

Confront them about it and put it to an end. No I'm not saying that because I'm muslim but because no one should be forced onto a religion. It reminds me of bit in the Quraan where it says that (paraphrasing) religion is a choice in belief and should not be forced onto others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masked King View Post
    Edit: Science can't solve everything you know.
    Science can solve everything, it's a tool, not competition.

Having faith in an invisible spaghetti monster is impossible for anyone that possesses the ability to think past their own ass. Let your parents know that you won't just "believe" with no evidence aside from a few books.
    Last edited by turles; 27th October 2010 at 09:13 PM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Insulting their beliefs is selfish, and will end up in more drama than already exists. If you're living with them, tolerate it when necessary (to some extent). Sit down with them and explain you don't personally get anything out of it. Every few weeks and on "special" days, go to church with them, not to go to church, but to support your family. I'm sure they sat through some crap with you at some point, and I'm sure they'd appreciate you going with them every so often. Don't do it for religion or faith (unless you want to), do it for your family. It will probably make them happy, and keep them off your back.

The last thing you want to do is go in guns blazing. Spewing anti-religious stuff is about as bad as people "converting" you to a religion. Just let them do what they do, and be happy that they found happiness in something.

Of course, if they go to the extreme of say, evangelical and literal bull****, then you can be more direct and blunt.

Spoiler!

yeah, just tell them your not interested. im just the kind of person that will not talk about religion, unless its someone that can actually hold an intelligent conversation about it instead of just saying "your going to hell". sadly, ive only found a few christians that can do this, but its easy to find other people of different religions that dont force it apon you.
    Spoiler!

Maybe off topic but.. My sister says Jesus is actually the devil and I heard her kid say shalom once. Her husband is black and I think he's a muslim, but I don't know. She also believes in the illuminati and reptillians. What religion is she? Whenever she says anything I just hold my tongue, but I'd never ask.
    e: she's crazy as **** and believes anything she watches on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Turles View Post
    e: she's crazy as **** and believes anything she watches on youtube
    Wouldn't that be plain gullibility?
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100