Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New mage

Default New mage

You heard my sad sad MS story (based on my stupidity) so i'm not going to mention it. So when i return to MS, i wanna create a mage. Replace my original cleric but this time no messed up stats. When i create a beginner, what stats should i have so i can efficiently complete the Maple Island quests and still succeed as a mage? Someone says when you apply for a job the stats change and go by the chosen jobs. Are they right?

You don't need AP stat placement. This will arrive when you aquire your first job. Completely up to you.

Still, you need to be level 8 to get the advancement.
    I'm Retired.

Beginner

To be a little more clear, the AP will be automatically distributed until your first job advancement (which is level 8). Then your AP will reset to 20int, 4 everything else.
    This auto-distribute will be 5str every level to kill efficiently at Maple Island.

You have no control over your AP as a beginner until you advance, or reach lv12 beginner.

When you advance you will have 4/4/20/4 (perfect 4's, lucky) and the rest of your AP unallocated.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

I'm going to say wait until BB patch to do it, but it's a half-stupid idea.

Your stats are allocated automatically from level 1-10. When you reach level 8, you are eligible to apply for mageship. I however suggest that you finish all the quest up to getting the 100 beginner potions (which by then you should be level 10), and then apply. You will not lose SP or AP this way, you'll lose out on a couple MP though, not a lot though. And I suggest that when you reach magician status, you do not add a point into energy bolt, but into MP Recovery and then Max MP Increase. The reason for this is because the beginner skill three snail does 40 damage always and is just as fast as EB.
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    I'm going to say wait until BB patch to do it, but it's a half-stupid idea.

Your stats are allocated automatically from level 1-10. When you reach level 8, you are eligible to apply for mageship. I however suggest that you finish all the quest up to getting the 100 beginner potions (which by then you should be level 10), and then apply. You will not lose SP or AP this way, you'll lose out on a couple MP though, not a lot though. And I suggest that when you reach magician status, you do not add a point into energy bolt, but into MP Recovery and then Max MP Increase. The reason for this is because the beginner skill three snail does 40 damage always and is just as fast as EB.
    You literally lose out on two MP if you advance at level 10. No joke. So don't worry if you advance late, just don't wait until level 11.
    Max 3 snails has better damage to MP ratio than a lv1 bolt.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

k thanks, i just need to refresh. Though i know everything as a beginner. =)

You should come on windia <3

Also, you should note whether or not you want to be lukless lowluk or normal luk.
    Normal luk - hit auto-assign
    Lowluk - stop adding luk when it reaches desired amount. (some people keep it as low as 20, others go as high as 50~60. You shouldn't go past 60 though. Mines at 55 base)
    Lukless - don't add any luk. put all your points into INT. This is best if you don't plan on going past 120 (or so ive heard)

Also what do you want to be? I/L, F/P, or cleric again?

If you didn't read my post, i said i wanted to replace my old Maple lfe= making a mage. And i said before to you, Windia will always be my home.

Good. So it's gunna be a cleric then. :P And Replace could mean anything. it doesn't mean recreate.
    :\ I can mebbe give you some mage equips if you're going luk or lowluk