Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Applying for scholarships

work-study here is pointless. You can only get up to 20 hours a week, and you get paid 7.25. Most work-study jobs here don't even offer over 10 hours a week. Do they really think that I can pay bills off of 300 dollars a month? Let alone eat? Hell, with the big ass SUV I drive, that barely covers gas.

If you're really looking for a job, look into non-profit agencies around your area. I work for a domestic violence shelter here. I get paid good money for being a student, and I get enough hours. Usually, they don't advertise. So, e-mail them your resume, stop in, chat them up, etc. I've noticed that most individuals that work for non-profit agencies are pretty liberal and very easy to get along with. A lot of them are also very down to earth, so they know how life goes. They're more willing to work with you on scheduling, pay, etc.

Hell, with my job I get free tickets to all kinds of events, my face and name in the paper every once in a while, and I've made so many connections it's unbelievable. I'll take this 8.00 an hour job over anything else until I graduate, really.

Edit: Also, if you're a friendly person you could befriend a possible employer. There are grants that can be written for virtually anything. They may not have an open position now, but a little friendliness and a great smile can get you a position made specifically for you with federal money.

Ahh, the beauty of non-profit agencies.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Quote Originally Posted by MizzouFTW View Post
    Hell, with my job I get free tickets to all kinds of events, my face and name in the paper every once in a while, and I've made so many connections it's unbelievable.
    I don't like that kind of attention.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

My job consists of this
    Get there at 3, talk with co-workers till 3:25
    Sign kids in till 3:35
    Walk around the cafeteria till 4
    Line kids up and take them outside
    Stand outside till 5
    Come inside and buzz people in at the door or just talk with co-workers till 5:15

8.65 an hour for this. Easy job to maintain during the school year, most flexible working schedule you could ever get (you can call in 5 minutes before it starts and get the day off if needed)
    No weekends
    No days where schools have it off.
    Did I mention I didn't even need to do an interview and/or write a resume for it?
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Be cool like music performance majors B3~. For a scholarship, one has to go to the school of their choice and play a prepared piece.

**** isn't easy, though. A guy I know right now is playing this song for his scholarship audition:

Plus there's the audition you have to do to actually get into the school.

Much more fun than writing essays on sea lions :D~.
    Hey cools I don't have a spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by pWnZIngY0U34 View Post
    mayB try bigfoot. its godd exp to lvl up with

ops i mean good*
    Quote Originally Posted by xtreme702 View Post
    CDFA's just a total dumbass half the forum knows that by now...