Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice Lightning Arch Mage Big Bang Build

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Default Ice Lightning Arch Mage Big Bang Build

I've been working out various ways to allocate my points after Big Bang, and am a bit stuck toward the end.

Currently I am level 181, so I have a total of 186 4th job points to use. Here are the skills that I know I'll get right away:

186 total points

-10 Buff Mastery

-19 Maple Warrior (no MW30 yet, but remember to allocate points for this)

-30 Chain Lightning

-30 Blizzard

-28 Infinity (10% magic increments, 2 [3] seconds shorter than max)

69 leftover points.
    I still can upgrade:
    2 Infinity
    30 Elquines
    30 Ice Demon
    30 Mana Reflection
    30 Big Bang
    10 Maple Warrior
    *Hero's Will-probably won't max unless Nexon releases seduce heavy mobs or "fixes" sed mules. Ignore this for now.

So, what else should I upgrade right away? I calculated my range post BB (although I still need to recalculate for my new shield and gloves). I will have a ~23k range on normal buffs and MW19, but once again, I still need to do minor recalculations for the shield/gloves. Also, is mage mastery just 50%? I had heard from some sources that it was 75% fully upgraded (50%+25% natural, but I thought there was a 10% natural)

I mention this, because I'd only want to upgrade BB to the point that it affects my KO ratio to CoGs (390k). If I could not at least 80% 1 hit CoGs with max BB, i'd keep it at level 1 for now (unless that made me not 2 hit). Basically, it's all based on mage mastery.

I am also leaning toward Elquines and Ice Demon for the added DPS and DoT (respectively).

I know what my 200 skillset will be, but am just a bit confused about my 181.

Any suggestions or corrections would be appreciated.

Spoiler!

Get BB for training, and half/half ID/Elquines, or max one of them.
    Depends on what you want to do first. I'm assuming that you want to rush to 200, so I would probably recommend ID for the (mob) DPS.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I'd get 22 Ice Demon

Spoiler!

21 Elquines
    Spoiler!

And 26 Big Bang.

Spoiler!

This makes you pretty well rounded and all of your skills are useful. This leaves you without MW points though, You may want to sacrifice points on Elquines Since it seems like it would be the least useful in normal training.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 3rd December 2010 at 10:23 AM.

Also remember that I use an E8, so BB would be a bit more powerful than IS even if it has similar %.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Also remember that I use an E8, so BB would be a bit more powerful than IS even if it has similar %.
    No no Big Bang is MUCH stronger than IS, I'm just saying you'd be using IS if you didn't have BB, BB hits 5 times, don't forget.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 3rd December 2010 at 10:50 AM.

Okay, so Samlee said that it's a 25% natural+50% mastery (for 75%).

Assuming this is the case, I should be able to 100% 1 hit with level 1 BB (but just barely, so I'd probably pull it to ~10 just to be safe.

So, here's what I think I'll do with the last 69 points:
    29 Ice Demon (to hit 6 mobs)
    21 Elquines (to freeze for 3 seconds)
    19 Big Bang

I'll then finish Elquines and Infinity (for bossing), then Big Bang, and finally Ice Demon. I'll pass MW30 asap, or save 10 points (19+10=29) for it before 190.
    I'll put whatever is left into Mana Reflection.

Spoiler!

Thunder God

My skill plan calls for me to max everything except MR. At 189, my points call for 0 MR, 15 Infinity, Max all others. I still have 33 points coming to me and the plan is to finish Infinity and then dump the remaining points into MR.

As far as your decision goes, I would leave Elquines low. He is simply too slow to be useful anywhere except for bosses. Tele Mastery + CL = targets dead before Elquines notices they even exist.

I would still get 1 Hero's Will. If you intend to go to CZak or any HT, you can really use that emergency help.

Do you guys have any tips for a level 15x?

It's been so long since I've been on Maple I don't remember exactly what level I am.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    Do you guys have any tips for a level 15x?

It's been so long since I've been on Maple I don't remember exactly what level I am.
    You're 158 so you'd have 117 points to use.
    Obviously, you'll want the Mastery (10), Maple Warrior (19), and Chain Lightning (30). This leaves you with 58 points leftover. I would assume max Blizzard and get BB to the point that you can 100% 2 hit CoGs by 16x. You're using an E7 though right? I think you'd need an 8.2k min range to 100% 2 hit CoGs with BB and an E7. If you can't 2 hit, I don't think it would really be worth upgrading right away.

I guess save a few points and train a level or two to get used to a training style?

Spoiler!

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    You're using an E7 though right? I think you'd need an 8.2k min range to 100% 2 hit CoGs with BB and an E7. If you can't 2 hit, I don't think it would really be worth upgrading right away.
    He cant even GET to COGs yet. He won't be able to walk to COGS until he hits 166 minimum.