Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 43

Thread: v.93 Big Bang Update Live 12.07.2010

  1. #31
    im a helicopter Omar Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    over the Middle East dropping my payload
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Not until Resistance. Cease your excitement.

    Everyone go log on tomorrow. Or better yet, next week.

    What's with the Logitech announcement? You've been able to do that at least since Dual Blade patch (around the time I came back on).
    You could do that for longer than when they implemented that Joypad thingie.

    No I won't wait for next week. I want the 5atk ring.
    Spoiler!

    Spoiler!

    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

  2. #32
    Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    888

    Default

    @^#$ your attack ring. You won't get it. Nobody will, because everyone's trying too hard.

    If I don't get on this week, I won't be able to for a full month! (Planned family vacation)

    Go watch some hentai anime or hang out with a gf this week. Live a bit, since some people no longer have such a luxury (my family is now all I have left, after a move to a small town).

    That goes for everyone. Forget maple awhile, let the excitement cool down, then log on. If you're anything like me, you'll logon only to find your character has been screwed up by the changes, and now needs massive SP resets. So forget maple and live.

    http://forum.nexon.net/MapleStory/fo...d.aspx#6321897

    Calmer now. Leave it to a youtube video.

    (Bleh. This post sux. Watching Whale Rider with parents)
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 8th December 2010 at 10:35 AM.

  3. #33
    Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    2,107

    Default

    Holy crap! Four hour extension. I totally called it.






    .......

  4. #34
    Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    888

    Default

    I called the 30 min glitch crash, and subsequent maintenance.

  5. #35
    Green Bean rasudoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Avatar
    Posts
    5,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick122 View Post
    You don't get a full on SP reset. Just the "extra" sps you had on your skills get reseted.
    I heard that we get them this Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    How is it not a "burden" to not be able to change my old skills to new ones? Due to wanting to solo, and due to early raising of certain stuff, I had all my attack skills maxed out. I don't NEED attack skills any more, as I use my 3rd ones now instead. I want to get rid of HA and max bless!
    See above
    Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Go on MS tomorrow. Best solution. To hell with this I say. I already have a headache.
    Not lagging on Mardia or Kradia.
    Quote Originally Posted by MapleFan29 View Post
    looking that new characters are coming..does this mean we get a new slot in the character create area?
    I want to doubt this, but it seems highly plausible
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    What's with the Logitech announcement? You've been able to do that at least since Dual Blade patch (around the time I came back on).
    BB wasn't at all what I expected. Excitement went down to zero. Still going to play though, for the ring.

    Maybe they improved that Logitech thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    because everyone's trying too hard.
    Logging on and afking for 1 hour is trying too hard?

    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Go watch some hentai anime
    I am offended that you're telling us to watch hentai anime. greatly
    by Cryopon

  6. #36
    Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Logging on and afking for 1 hour is trying too hard?

    I am offended that you're telling us to watch hentai anime. greatly
    It is, if everyone is trying the same tactic. Why were you afk for an hour?

    What, you don't have any? I later compared it with "living." Everyone needs some for when you're in a really bad mood. If this was a regular strength glitch, I'd recommend normal anime, but this is an extra strength case of fail.

    I recommend Parade Parade. It's kinda funny.

    This is what's called a self-killing update.
    Maple needs to just cool the hype down, close it completely for awhile, then start a test run of virtually everything. They should make some dummy characters (about 10 should do), and have them level up to about 4th using 5x exp, make dummy friends, and create dummy guild, marry, and family under the old system. Then, they should test the changes personally on all the little dummies, and code check to figure out the glitches. Once everything is ship-shape codewise, release a test version to everyone for 1 day, to test the effect of overpopulation in servers. If anything comes up beside the regular lag, close it down again and try to add some sort of population buffering. Of course, this presents a bind, as the popularity of maple goes down. But if they aren't more patient, it will keep happening.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 8th December 2010 at 09:00 PM.

  7. #37
    We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    6,251

    Default

    Yo.

    Big bang changed a ton of stuff.

    Try it before going off on random tangents. You make no sense


    Spoiler!



  8. #38
    im a helicopter Omar Ranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    over the Middle East dropping my payload
    Posts
    3,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    It is, if everyone is trying the same tactic. Why were you afk for an hour?

    What, you don't have any? I later compared it with "living." Everyone needs some for when you're in a really bad mood. If this was a regular strength glitch, I'd recommend normal anime, but this is an extra strength case of fail.

    I recommend Parade Parade. It's kinda funny.

    This is what's called a self-killing update.
    Maple needs to just cool the hype down, close it completely for awhile, then start a test run of virtually everything. They should make some dummy characters (about 10 should do), and have them level up to about 4th using 5x exp, make dummy friends, and create dummy guild, marry, and family under the old system. Then, they should test the changes personally on all the little dummies, and code check to figure out the glitches. Once everything is ship-shape codewise, release a test version to everyone for 1 day, to test the effect of overpopulation in servers. If anything comes up beside the regular lag, close it down again and try to add some sort of population buffering. Of course, this presents a bind, as the popularity of maple goes down. But if they aren't more patient, it will keep happening.
    If they do this then wtf was the point of tespia?
    Spoiler!

    Spoiler!

    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

  9. #39
    butts FailFTW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    5,721

    Default

    After the initial glitches it wasn't laggy at all, and I'm on Scania. Even ch1 was fine.
    Butts.

    213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

  10. #40
    Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    If they do this then wtf was the point of tespia?
    I dunno. What WAS the point of Tespia? Get a very few people to test things (instead of simply allowing all over 3rd level), those chosen (except a slim few of THOSE few) feel entitled and goof off/have fun, or sometimes don't even know they've been chosen because they're gone that week. People in HS probably did their job, not so much alot of others.

    What's the point of that?

    If you want something done right, do it yourself.

    Yo.

    Big bang changed a ton of stuff.

    Try it before going off on random tangents. You make no sense
    Says someone who CAN try it. Unless things have changed in the last few hours, I'm screwed up to the point where I might need to uninstall and download from scratch.

    --------------------
    Update: Now can log on. A bit laggy, but many of the reported glitches seem to be better. I can see my guild (one of the things reported), and I have quests although not as many (thank God, I had too many incomplete ones), and I managed to assign some SP, though it was this weird messed up system, where you had to allocate points to 1st and 2nd, and by the time I got to third there was none left. Managed to get Bless maxed, but I'm likely gonna try to SP reset HA if I can.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 9th December 2010 at 01:33 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •