Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SP build for Post-BB Slinger?

Default SP build for Post-BB Slinger?

I was wondering if I could get some help with my build.

At level 37
    Critical Shot(10)
    Mastery (11)
    Invisible Shot(1)

I know I'm doing 12 booster after I max Mastery. I was just wondering what I should go for next, I'm heavily funded and I should be able to 1/2 hit truckers with DS in the mid/late 40s. Would it be better to go for Recoil Shot for mobility or Invisible shot for better mob damage?

You'll want to max your main mobbing skill, Invisible Shot, first, as more mobbing = faster leveling.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

The build I'm following is putting a point on blank shot for the stun which is useful, then maxing mastery, then maxing critical shot for the critical chance. Then I maxed invisible shot for the mobbing effect, which is very useful for leveling. I then put 5 points on wings to get recoil which is then maxed for the mobility as well as an attack. From there, I maxed wings and then I maxed booster for the added speed. Finally i maxed critical shot and put 1 point on grenade. you can follow the other build where grenade is maxed and invisible shot is left at 1. It's really up to you.

Personally, I don't understand completely maxing Booster. Can someone explain this reasoning to me? D:

On the actual topic: I maxed Invisible Shot almost immediately following maxing Mastery, with a few in booster in between. Then I did a little hopping between points in Wings and then Recoil Shot, and now I'm starting to max Blank Shot (This is another move I'm not sure about maxing, but it appears to be the protocol so.... meh). My character was made pre-BB so I had to sort of get back in my planned build after Critical was added and I had to max that. xD;; It threw me off a little.

But as long as you max Invisible Shot next it looks like you're all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flourite View Post
    Personally, I don't understand completely maxing Booster. Can someone explain this reasoning to me? D:

On the actual topic: I maxed Invisible Shot almost immediately following maxing Mastery, with a few in booster in between. Then I did a little hopping between points in Wings and then Recoil Shot, and now I'm starting to max Blank Shot (This is another move I'm not sure about maxing, but it appears to be the protocol so.... meh). My character was made pre-BB so I had to sort of get back in my planned build after Critical was added and I had to max that. xD;; It threw me off a little.

But as long as you max Invisible Shot next it looks like you're all good.
    Booster is best end game. The higher level it is, the longer it lasts. The longer it lasts, the less often you have to cast it. The less time you spend casting booster, the more time you spend doing damage. You have a bunch of stuff to look out for as a sair (like jumping on/off the ship). Max booster is important, especially since Grenade is virtually useless end-game.

Spoiler!

Booster is best end game. The higher level it is, the longer it lasts. The longer it lasts, the less often you have to cast it. The less time you spend casting booster, the more time you spend doing damage. You have a bunch of stuff to look out for as a sair (like jumping on/off the ship). Max booster is important, especially since Grenade is virtually useless end-game.
    Alright, thank you :) What about Blank Shot? Your thoughts?

Equally useless.
    You can get 11 blank shot and 10 grenade and it won't make one iota of difference in your training speed.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Blank Shot WAS pretty important when Gunslingers had a minimum range, but now that you can spam Invisible Shot up close, it looses much of its importance.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Equally useless.
    You can get 11 blank shot and 10 grenade and it won't make one iota of difference in your training speed.
    Okay... I kind of wanted to have some points in Grenade (because I'm weird) so I was kind of disappointed when it seemed like the general notion was to max Blank Shot
    and leave grenade at 1. :/

And thank you for using the word iota. That was awesome.

Blank Shot WAS pretty important when Gunslingers had a minimum range, but now that you can spam Invisible Shot up close, it looses much of its importance.
    Ohh, I see. I was just wondering because it's not like there are hordes of monsters that can't be frozen with Ice Splitter at 3rd Job, so I didn't know why it was important now. Thanks :)