Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-BB Cleric to Priest SP Distribution & Training

Default Post-BB Cleric to Priest SP Distribution & Training

Hello, everyone. Yes, this is my first post. I'm not a noob, though. =P I've lurked for a very long time, though.

I wanted to post my guide for post-Big Bang Clerics to show them where they need to go and where.

This guide will follow through from first job to third job, and I will post my Bishop build once I have the time to do so. Let's start, shall we?

ATTENTION: SINGAPORE AND GALLOS WERE NERFED. HAVE A NICE DAY!

LAST UPDATED December 17, 2010.

Mecha's Guide to
    MAGICIAN TO PRIEST
    Use CTRL+F to find where you are. Use the tags on the right side to search for the section.

1. General Overview (s1)
    2. AP Distribution (s2)
    3. Training (s3)
    4. Builds
    4.1 Magican (1mage)
    4.2 Cleric (1cleric)
    4.3 Priest (1priest)

1. General Overview
    s1

So you've decided to be a Magician. Great! And to be a Cleric?! Delightful. You'll want to know how to distribute your stats you get every level to make sure you have the right Maple career for your character. If you think you trust me enough, head onwards!

2. AP Distribution
    s2

Honestly, I can't really tell you what to do at this point. You'll have to trust yourself on this one.

First, don't put anything into STR or DEX. Put as much as you can into INT, this determines your magic attack's strength. However, you'll also need LUK for accuracy and additional attack. I'm not sure what LUK determines for in the future, but NEVER have your base LUK capped at 162 or so. Also, your LUK should ALWAYS be ONLY +3 your level (if your level 15, your LUK should be 18). Basically, click 'Auto-Assign'. To know when to stop capping your LUK, that determines on how funded you are. Usually LUK will help you equip Mage equipment, and if you want the best equipment, go right on ahead. The more funded you are, the less you can put into LUK because all you'll need is a Maple Staff or whatever. I'm planning on having LUK at a base of 70 or so, since I'm not funded.

3. Training
    s3

I format my lists like this:
    - <area/monster> (<level>) @ <map> (<rating>) [Notes]

The rating determines how good the area is. Obviously, A+ means best, F means worst. If it's bolded, the area is the BEST place to go.

Don't know where these maps are? Press W and look.

Levels 1-8
    - Maple Island quests (A+) [Don't accept the Maple Admin's decision to go to Lith Harbor. Also, you may reach level 10, as it really doesn't matter anymore if you go above level 8.]
    - Henesys monsters (B) [If you accepted the Maple Admin's question.]

Levels 8-15
    - Job quests @ Ellina (A+)

Levels 15-20
    - Moon Bunny PQ (A+) [At earlier levels it's great EXP]
    - Blue Ribbon Pigs (13) @ Beach: Blue Ribbon Beach (A+)

Levels 20-30
    - First Time Together PQ (A+)
    - Stole Golems (20) / Dark Stone Golems (23) @ Golem's Temple Entrance (B+); [Stop around level 24-25 to continue onto Mixed Golems]
    - Mixed Golems (26) @ Golem's Temple 4 (A-)
    - Zombie Lupins (28) @ Cursed Forest: Dark Tree Forest (B)

Levels 30-50
    - Carnival PQ (A+); [This is THE place to go. Amazing EXP. Do TWs, easier. Later agree to Rombot grinding.]
    - Zombie Lupins (28) @ Cursed Forest: Dark Tree Forest (A); [Amazing spawn. Use Heal.]
    - Officer Skeletons (35) @ Excavation Site: Closed Area (A); [Great spawn here, too.]
    - CDs (41/42) @ Kerning Square: 7th Floor 8th Floor Area A (A-); [Even though it's a great place to go during your low-level 40s, it's crowded, plus isn't great for Clerics imo.]

Levels 50-68
    - [s]Truckers (48) @ Singapore: Suburban Area 2 (A+); [CRAZY EXP and amazing spawn. It's always crowded though but once you find a spot it's amazing. Yes, you will get KSed, just fight it off. To get there talk to Irene on the roof in Kerning.][/s] NEVER MIND EVERYONE PARTY'S OVER!!
    - White Pangs (55) @ El Nath: Ice Valley II (A+); [Great spawn and EXP. Not as crowded as Truckers, plus a pot shop just in case! Use the Danger VIP Cab.]
    - Sea of Fog PQ (A); [This is great for Clerics. Go here at anytime, or stay at Truckers.]
    - Dead Scarecrows (50) @ Masteria: Haunted Mansion (A-)
    - Drakes (50-60) @ Sleepywood Dungeon (B); [Drakes are good if you can't stand Truckers.]
    - Toy Trojans (57) @ Ludibrium: Cloud/Sky Terrace <5>

Levels 68-91
    - Twisted Jesters (70) @ Masteria: Haunted Mansion (A+) [Outstanding EXP and spawn rate. Just like Truckers: overcrowded, KS battles. They're weak to Holy, I would use Heal/Shining Ray].
    - Vikerolas (87) @ Malaysia: Fantasy Theme Park 3 (A) [Great place to go to during your later 8x levels.]
    - Sand Rats (77) / Scorpions (81) @ Sahel Desert II (A) [Excellent spawn rate, an alternative to Twisted Jesters. Go into the Mini-Dungeon.]
    - Platoon Chronos (74) / Master Chronos (75) @ Ludibrium: Lost Time <1>/<2> (B+)
    - Luster Pixies @ Orbis Park; [Hunt for Dark Crystal Ores.]

Levels 91-100
    - Galloperas (94) @ Malaysia: Entrance into the Spooky World (A++); [You know it! Galloperas! They're weak against Holy, outstanding spawn, excellent EXP. But always crowded, but still amazing.]
    - Vikerolas (87) @ Malaysia: Fantasy Theme Park 3 (A)
    - Roids (88) @ Alcadno Research Institute: Lab - Area C-2 (B+)

Levels 100-120
    - Galloperas (94) @ Malaysia: Entrance into the Spooky World (A+)
    - Vikerolas (87) @ Malaysia: Fantasy Theme Park 3 (B)

Levels 120-140
    - Galloperas (94) @ Malaysia: Entrance into the Spooky World (A)
    - Grim Phantom Watches (124) @ Hidden Street: Forbidden Time (B+); [They're Holy-weak, great alternative to Galloperas.]
    * Lionheart's Castle (A++) (when it is released)

Levels 140-160
    - Skelegons (147) / Skelosaurus (153) @ The Dragon Nest Left Behind {Mini-Dungeon} (A+); [Holy-weak, great spawn and EXP.]
    - Jr. Newties (145) @ Destroyed Dragon Nest {Mini-Dungeon} (A-)
    - Galloperas (94) @ Malaysia: Entrance into the Spooky World (B)
    * Lionheart's Castle (A+) (when it is released)

Levels 160+
    - Temple of Time (B+)
    * Lionheart's Castle (A) (when it is released)

4. SP Distribution
    s4

Here's the part you all want to see. Well, stop reading this and read the builds!

4.1 Magician
    1mage

Build
    Spoiler!

[UExplanation[/U]
    You don't have to worry about how much MP you get anymore, so you can focus on having your attacks more. Do Magic Guard first, then Magic Armor to decrease damage taken, it'll become obsolete in 2nd job. Nothing else to do so put the rest of your SP into Energy Bolt.

JOB ADVANCE
    Talk to Grendel at level 30. Then go to the Cursed Forest: Polluted Tree. Talk to the instructor. Collect 30 Dark Marbles. Go back to Grendel. Advance as a Cleric.

4.2 Cleric
    1cleric

Build
    Spoiler!

Explanation
    Put one into Teleport for early movement. Max Heal first, as always to kill undead monsters easily. Max Bless next, then you can remove Magic Armor from your key shortcuts as Bless and Magic Armor both give 120 W.DEF/M.DEF. Invincible to lower damage even more. Spell Mastery for more damage and consistent damage. Now, you can either max MP Eater first or Teleport first, it doesn't matter either way. 1 SP left for Holy Arrow.

This will give you an all-around ability to train and party, as you'll most likely be at Truckers. You could, of course, max Holy Arrow but that would be pointless.

JOB ADVANCE
    This is ridiculously time consuming, you will not believe. Talk to Roberia in El Nath, somewhere in the middle of the town there's a portal to see her. She'll want you to get the Necklace of Strength. Go ALL the way back to Victoria to see Grendel. You must now kill his evil twin through the Door of Dimension at the bottom of Sleepywood Dungeon, where the Balrog spawns. Bring some All Cure potions. You'll beat his evil twin in like 4 minutes anyway. Go back to Grendel, then go back to Roberia. Now you need 10 Dark Crystal Ores and refine them into 1 Dark Crystal to obtain the Necklace of Wisdom. Once you've done that, make sure you're in windowed mode because you'll cheat on the questions and can't ALT+TAB, I believe. Answer 5 questions correctly, or go get another Dark Crystal. Go back to Roberia; congratulations!

The questions did not change, except for an extra added one or two questions I believe, but the questions are worded differently. If you hunt for DC ores, go to Luster Pixies.

4.3 Priest
    1priest

Build
    Spoiler!

Explanation
    You'll want Shining Ray early to finally have something other than Magic Claw, and is holy and mobs better. You'll be at Jesters most likely. Holy Symbol to speed up leveling. Dispel to get rid of... y'know, stuff. 1 Teleport Mastery to add stunning ability and damage to your tele, so it'll be useful. Add more into Shining Ray.

Now here comes the part where you can switch stuff around. You can have Elemental Resistance earlier, Holy Focus later, or Summon Dragon earlier. It depends on what you feel, you'll be at Galloperas. Finish off Teleport Mastery, finish Mystic Door and last but no least 1 point into Doom. Doom isn't useful anymore, and it was nerfed and is now less effective.

------

That's all for now, hope you guys like it. If there's any flaws, lemme know. I'm not a pro at skill builds. =P
    Last edited by MechaWave; 17th December 2010 at 11:51 PM.

I think should be maxed Holy Focus then maxed Holy Symbol, and maxed Teleport Mastery after that
    It's very useful when you train without use Heal
    Mystic Door should be maxed if u wanna train at gallos
    After, maxed Dispel for running boss
    Elemental Resistance will be not necessary to max early, because now, we have magic avoibility & bless will increase 120 def and 60 magic avoibility, I realize that my HP wasn't lose so much

Quote Originally Posted by tulip28kt View Post
    I think should be maxed Holy Focus then maxed Holy Symbol, and maxed Teleport Mastery after that
    It's very useful when you train without use Heal
    Mystic Door should be maxed if u wanna train at gallos
    After, maxed Dispel for running boss
    Elemental Resistance will be not necessary to max early, because now, we have magic avoibility & bless will increase 120 def and 60 magic avoibility, I realize that my HP wasn't lose so much
    Holy Symbol will increase training faster, as Holy Focus isn't really needed at that point. Teleport Mastery doesn't need to be maxed so early, just like Teleport, as it attains its abilities at level one, just not so much obviously. Mystic Door doesn't need to be maxed so early on, even though I understand why you believe it should. It just isn't necessary. Elemental Resistance is still needed to be maxed, probably even earlier than you think, because Bless is just general, and doesn't effect elementals entirely, as is not passive. Besides, you'll still lose a lot of HP at Gallos.

Since Magic Armor gets replaced so quickly by Bless, why not just get Bolt instead? Bolt is now better on single targets than Claw (280% vs. 240%) and is actually the best single-target conventional neutral spell you'll get as a bishop. At a holy-immune boss, for example, your best bet would be to telecast Bolt with Tele Mastery and Dragon.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    Since Magic Armor gets replaced so quickly by Bless, why not just get Bolt instead? Bolt is now better on single targets than Claw (280% vs. 240%) and is actually the best single-target conventional neutral spell you'll get as a bishop. At a holy-immune boss, for example, your best bet would be to telecast Bolt with Tele Mastery and Dragon.
    I don't know, why not? Then again, who cares?
    Magic Claw attacks twice, Bolt once. One does more than the other.

Your choice.

a good idea might be to get Holy Force before Shining Ray, because it works on heal, and you'll probably be at jesters then anyway.
    I'm also upset with the new MP Eater's %'s. I hardly get any MP anymore, and have to pot more often. Damn you BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzz237 View Post
    a good idea might be to get Holy Force before Shining Ray, because it works on heal, and you'll probably be at jesters then anyway.
    I'm also upset with the new MP Eater's %'s. I hardly get any MP anymore, and have to pot more often. Damn you BB.
    You could, but you're go at the same rate of leveling if you're still at Jesters or at MP3 anyways. Shining Ray is more helpful at that point because of its high stunning ability and double the damage Heal does at max level anyways.

And it depends on what monsters you're at. I never lost MP when I was hunting for DC ores, but now I still have to pot once in a while at Jesters.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

If you can get a Jester ch as a priest, you should keep it until you're at least in the 90s. Assuming you can keep the ch, HS and HF would be more effective than SR.

Spoiler!

Teleport Mastery is better than shining ray. 10 points for roughly the same damage Pre-Holy Focus SR and post Holy Focus heal. The teleport distance is always a plus, It really should be your first priority.

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    Teleport Mastery is better than shining ray. 10 points for roughly the same damage Pre-Holy Focus SR and post Holy Focus heal. The teleport distance is always a plus, It really should be your first priority.
    Yeah i maxed Tele mastery right after HS, then I kinda did a split between SR and HF. I did +2 SR +1 HF each level until HF was level 10 then i maxed out SR, then maxed out HF. might seem like a weird build, but that worked for me :P