Thread: v.94, The Resistance Live 12.20.2010!

Hybrid View

Default v.94, The Resistance Live 12.20.2010!

**Update** We are still experiencing technical difficulties with the new worlds. However, we feel the game does not need to be unnecessarily down at this point so we have concluded the maintenance with the following known issue still occuring:

El Nido and Zenith appear with incorrect names on the channel select menu. We apologize for any confusion this may cause and thank you for your patience.

**Update!** We have not been able to resolve the issue with the new world yet and will need to extend the maintenance again. We are very sorry for this delay. We do not have an estimated end time yet, but we will update as soon as we can.

**Update!** We have encountered an issue with the new world and need a little more time to resolve it. The maintenance will now conclude at 10:00 AM Pacific (1:00 PM Eastern.) Thank you for your patience.

**Update!** We will need to perform some additional network maintenance during this game update so the maintenance time will be extended. Please see below for updated maintenance schedule.

Dear Players,

The Big Bang came with a bang, but that's not all, we have more! We present to you The Resistance. Join the fight to vanquish the Black Mage from Maple World. In order to deploy this to the live servers we will be having a game update starting on Sunday, December 19th at 10 PM Pacific (1 AM Eastern). The maintenance will last 10 hours. During this time all game servers will be unavailable.

-Time-
    Pacific: 10:00 PM Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 8:00 AM Monday, December 20, 2010
    Eastern: 1:00 AM Monday, December 20, 2010 - 11:00 AM Monday, December 20, 2010

-What-
    The following will be unavailable:
    All MapleStory game servers

-New Content-
    - Two New Classes: Battle Mage and Wild Hunter
    - One New World

Maple World welcomes another new world, Arcania!

-New Cash Shop Items-

– The MapleStory Team –
    [Source]

v.94 The Resistance Update Notes
    'Tis the Season for... Resistance!
    White Christmas Tree Event Win List
    The Resistance Starts Here!
    Holiday Surprise Win List
    Surprise Yourself for the Holidays!
    Gachapon is Joining the Resistance!
    MapleStory's CashBack Days!
    Last edited by sleepyxdude; 21st December 2010 at 05:16 AM.
    Spoiler!

Yeah, another ghost town world, while Scania is in desperate need of more channels.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

The new servers have 20 channels. ;-; 20 wtf. The oldest servers only have 19.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    The new servers have 20 channels. ;-; 20 wtf. The oldest servers only have 19.
    It was done "to reduce lag" Nexon explained it. Huh?

But ever since, we've been stuck with only 19 channels, meaning if it's full, it's full. I'd love to have 30 channels instead of 19, so if I went to a training ground, and there were 19 other people online (4am or something), rather than all channels taken, I'd have 11 extra to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    It was done "to reduce lag" Nexon explained it. Huh?

But ever since, we've been stuck with only 19 channels, meaning if it's full, it's full. I'd love to have 30 channels instead of 19, so if I went to a training ground, and there were 19 other people online (4am or something), rather than all channels taken, I'd have 11 extra to choose from.
    If there were 30 channels there would be 30 other people online I bet.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

lols. .

bolt202/veil225/feint200

At the very least it's a little more divided.

Also a little MS server trivia:
    Each world is a cluster of servers. Channel 1 is almost always its own server, the remainder of the channels are 2 per server, so on a 19-channel world you have 10 servers.
    Server 1 is channel 1
    Server 2 is channels 2 and 3
    and so on.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100