View Poll Results: What is evil, and who should we rage at next?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Sinful, wicked..." umm, sinners

2 20.00%
  • "Cold-blooded" types

3 30.00%
  • "Those meddlin' kids"

5 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 9GOATS BLACK OUT: What type of person do you hate the most?

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Default 9GOATS BLACK OUT: What type of person do you hate the most?

I figure this is for Hot Sands because it's usually where you vent complaints against people. But since I've never really worked out what I really don't like, so I don't normally start posts. So I decided to try something weird and make a Hot Sands poll.

Traditionally, what we don't like, we as humans call evil. But there are three distinct models of evil: there is the misguided "Christian" form (these people aren't real Christians btw, they're jews) where those guilty of some misdoing in the eyes of civil or religious law are wicked, there is the whole expression "evil prevails when good people do nothing", and there is the view that the true evil is meddling in others business even in the pursuit of "justice" (that is, a blackmailer). So which is worse: perversity, apathy, or malice?

I could make a case for each. For example, a person going off and doing their own thing might think they hurt nobody, but often as they go drink for instance, if they also drive, someone could get hurt. Or perhaps a closet secret, it's not directly awful, but living a lie can eventually estrange you from loved ones. Not to mention if everyone fulfilled their darkest secret, society would be messed up.

On the other hand, if you see something go wrong around you, and you don't do anything, you might as well be condoning it, at least according to some people. Maybe that's why during my cross-country trip the other year, not to mention HS itself, I seem to run into such busybodies. But all the same, apathy in addition to bad events, can end up meaning you don't care when bad things happen to those you should care about. And likewise, even when good things happen to them, if nobody cared, these celebrations ring hollow.

In my opinion, malice is the worst, but you judge. It's worse than the first, as those who succumb to their desires are often not truly evil but pathetic, and worse than the second because the person often persuades themselves they are doing good by punishing the wicked (think vigilantes or overbearing police). And it's the only one directly concerned in inflicting trouble on others.

Seriously, though, I'm not sure, because all courses of action have wide-sweeping consequences on the world at large. So I'm taking votes.

People who stubbornly assert something in the face of evidence to the contrary.

*wink wink*
    Mudkip 66 Lann

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    hi

post in an thread.
    Last edited by PhoenixRider; 19th December 2010 at 02:43 PM.

Banned

i hate a4a

too long didn't read

I generally try my best to not hate a person, especially if I don't personally know them.
    by Cryopon

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I don't hate people, I hate the ideas some people have.

Generally I'm just frustrated with people, empathy doesn't let me hate.

Spoiler!

dumb boys who break hearts

girls who camwhore
    just rude people

Jeez you realize hot sands is used to actually "attack" another forum member.

Quote Originally Posted by Rook View Post
    Jeez you realize hot sands is used to actually ''attack" another forum member.
    **** YOU NOBODY CARES

I always hate by the individual rather than by groups. I hate actions and ideas, not people.

I say this because I feel that if I hate over-generalized groups of people, I'm the ******* in that situation.