Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gunslinger To Outlaw Guide - Post-bb

@email
    battleship hits 5 times

@tagg, one point you say no stable 6-hitting mob attack first 3 jobs, somewhere else you say no stable mob attack first 2 jobs.
    Plus i'd think flamethrower and ice splitter are pretty stable, even though some monsters are fire and ice strong (why would you train against those?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    No you need Invisible Shot to level up. At max it does roughly the same damage as Ice Splitter, minus the Freeze effect.
    You replace Blank Shot with Grenade if you want Grenade. Why? Because Blank Shot is pretty much garbage. It only hits 3 monsters and it STUNS, which is useless if you're ever partying with other people. I put points into Blank because I don't use either Blank nor Grenade. In fact, I have 2 points into 'Nade and 19 into Blank Shot and it doesn't affect me at all. This is because ALL your attacking moves are replaced in 3rd job with the Ice Splitter/Flamethrower combo. You need those maxed ASAP in order to maximize training speed.
    In all honesty, I find myself using grenade more often than invisible shot. Yes, I agree that invisible shot is the leveling skill; however, I believe that there is viability in getting 1 invisible shot and then going a support build. Sure that makes leveling harder but in the end, a 100% stun rate with flame thrower and grenade burn could potentially help out your training at various locations and decrease the potion usage. If you look at it, the majority of the 2nd class skills for pirates are support, invisible shot being the odd one out. I realize that ice spitter + flame thrower completely replace invisible shot. That's why I offered the support as a possibility. I would agree that blank shot should be replaced by grenade if you're interested in going that route, that's the build I did with my slinger immediately after bb because i was interested in trying out grenade.

Invisible Shot is a MUST (and early on as well) and you can take your pick between Grenade/Blank Shot. Either way they're being maxed late and are ultimately useless.
    Once again, I'd like to offer the support build possibility up for discussion.

Also if you're training at Jesters, you're doing it wrong. GL finding a channel for Jesters, ever. If you go 70-90 at Jesters, you'll **** yourself over and will most likely quit once you leave, as everything (EVERYTHING) else is much much much slower than Jesters and deal 100x more damage.
    I disagree here xD In lower populated worlds, jesters are a somewhat viable location. Since you're only able to mob 2-3 early on in your 3rd job, you can easily take a corner without complaint. Sure other monsters may be slower, but that's just part of the game. I remember wrs and how they used to be amazing exp, newts used to be good exp, 8x used to be good exp (although i never managed to get that high xD), but did people quit after that? No. Sure some did, but if you've found your calling as a gunslinger, you should have that 4th job in sight and be willing to grind to those levels (with breaks in between of course)

Quote Originally Posted by blub212212 View Post
    @tagg, one point you say no stable 6-hitting mob attack first 3 jobs, somewhere else you say no stable mob attack first 2 jobs.
    Plus i'd think flamethrower and ice splitter are pretty stable, even though some monsters are fire and ice strong (why would you train against those?)

Thanks for catching that xD Meant to say first 2.
    RangedMint ~ 200 BowMaster <3 ~ Kradia
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower

You're missing the point. A Corsair is not a support class. It's the highest DPS class.
    If you want to make a great class terrible, feel free to, but don't encourage others to do the same.
    Again, you don't use any of your attacking skills from 1st~3rd job in 4th job at all, you should therefore be concentrating on leveling speed rather than "support".

bolt202/veil225/feint200

You're missing the point. A Corsair is not a support class. It's the highest DPS class.
    If you want to make a great class terrible, feel free to, but don't encourage others to do the same.
    Again, you don't use any of your attacking skills from 1st~3rd job in 4th job at all, you should therefore be concentrating on leveling speed rather than "support".
    I didn't mean support as in outlaw supporting other chars with skills, I meant support as in 2nd job skills helping the outlaw train in 3rd class. I just threw the support idea out there since it seemed to be a viable build. If we're talking about leveling speed, then grenade should be the skill that all gunslingers get after invisible shot. .-. Burn damage increases your leveling rate by a bit. I'm not trying to make a good class feel terrible >.<

I'll update this sometime this week with more analysis / slash ins. Having computer issues atm so I can only access internet about 2 hours a day.
    RangedMint ~ 200 BowMaster <3 ~ Kradia
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower