Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE PERFECT GUIDE FOR HIGH HITTING: Wild Hunters

Icon6 THE PERFECT GUIDE FOR HIGH HITTING: Wild Hunters

1.HOW TO HIT HIGH
    2.WHERE TO TRAIN
    3.END???

1.HOW TO HIT HIGH
    To Hit the highest of your level you must go DEXLESS. No, that does not mean 0 on dex it means ALL ON DEX. When you raise STR your def goes up...i know weird. When you raise DEX your base dmg goes up...damn right!
    PROS: HIT MADD HIGH
    CONS: You'll be wearing a beginner weapon until lvl 30 when you get maple weapons

2.Where To Train

Look...Where to train is totally up to you, im just recommending

1-10:MAPLE ISLAND or SNAILS
    11-15: TRAINING ROOM (E)
    16-20: Suspicious Signs
    21-30: NLC haunted house (Rotting Skeletons)
    31-40: Scarecrows in NLC haunted house
    41 & up: TO BE MADE
    BLaZeBluU

Quote Originally Posted by AnovalineS2 View Post
    1.HOW TO HIT HIGH
    2.WHERE TO TRAIN
    3.END???

1.HOW TO HIT HIGH
    To Hit the highest of your level you must go DEXLESS. No, that does not mean 0 on dex it means ALL ON DEX. When you raise STR your def goes up...i know weird. When you raise DEX your base dmg goes up...damn right!
    PROS: HIT MADD HIGH
    CONS: You'll be wearing a beginner weapon until lvl 30 when you get maple weapons

2.Where To Train

Look...Where to train is totally up to you, im just recommending

1-10:MAPLE ISLAND or SNAILS
    11-15: TRAINING ROOM (E)
    16-20: Suspicious Signs
    21-30: NLC haunted house (Rotting Skeletons)
    31-40: Scarecrows in NLC haunted house
    LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    DEXLESS WILD HUNTER YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    lmaolmaolmaolmao
    utterly misinformed person is utterly misinformed, LOL.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Dexless means all on Dex?

I can't tell if you're being serious or just trolling. Did you read what you just posted?

Spoiler!

wtf are you smoking
    wild hunters should all be dexless

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Icon6 Guide Rules Discussion

Read the Bold for quick summaries.

Why this guide shouldn't be on Hidden-Street: A line by line analysis of fallacies found within the guide

"To Hit the highest of your level you must go DEXLESS. "

Alright to be perfectly honest, Wild Hunters rely on their dex for their damage. In this way they're similar to the crossbowmen class (because they essentially are). Telling people to leave their most important stat as low as possible will not help them achieve the goal of this guide, which is be a high hitting Wild Hunter.

"No, that does not mean 0 on dex it means ALL ON DEX."

This makes it more confusing to the reader because dexless normally means without dex. Dex-less, no dex, lack of dex, etc. Dexless sins, have exactly 4 dex. Dexless warriors have exactly 4 dex. Improper usage of this word creates confusion, even though he attempts to clarify by saying that dexless means all on dex, it doesn't excuse the fact that the word was incorrectly used and in a context that was opposite its meaning thereby creating confusion.

"When you raise STR your def goes up...i know weird."

Okay, what does this mean? Should we raise our str if we want more def? I'm pretty sure there are other reasons that str could be raised. Bring up these points and then counter them to support your stance.

"When you raise DEX your base dmg goes up...damn right!"

Here is an assertion of common knowledge.

"PROS: HIT MADD HIGH"

There's only one pro? Where are the other good parts about being a "dexless wild hunter"?

"CONS: You'll be wearing a beginner weapon until lvl 30 when you get maple weapons"

Is this the only con? What about low damage due to those weapons? What about other equips? Does beginner weapon refer to the weapon received with the creation of the character (the one that isn't even a crossbow)? How do you get a maple weapon? What happens if you have no access to maple weapons? By the way there's no such thing as a level 30 maple weapon. ._.

"1-10:MAPLE ISLAND or SNAILS"

Wild Hunters do not start at Maple Island so unless you hack, there is no possible way a Wild Hunter can train at Maple Island. Also, Snails aren't found around Edelstein. Is this person suggesting that at level 1, a wild hunter should go to Victoria Island instead of doing the quests that bring up your character to level 10 in approximately 10-30 minutes?

"11-15: TRAINING ROOM (E)"

This person is stating that you should train specifically in Training Room E. Frankly, there should be many more places to train. Quests can really boost you above and beyond level 15.

"16-20: Suspicious Signs"

Alright, I guess it's a training ground? Are there alternatives? Why is this place a good place to train?

"21-30: NLC haunted house (Rotting Skeletons)"

His opinion, haven't been there so I can't refute this. I wouldn't mind seeing alternatives.

"31-40: Scarecrows in NLC haunted house"

Scarecrows are level 50 so it would be EXTREMELY difficult if not impossible to start training there at level 31-40. The hit rate here would probably be approximately 0% plus or minus 2 percent, too small to effectively train.

Quote Originally Posted by F50 NOS View Post
    The reason this was accepted was because it looked like it was not finished with the "to be made" notice given at the end.

If you feel like there is something wrong, then please share, because constructive criticism is always good. However, if you have nothing but inflammatory comments that do not suggest how the guide could be improved, then I warn you to refrain from posting.

The "to be made" in question is an update of higher leveled training grounds, not referring to the guide. From this angle, it seems as if he's complete with his first part, will possibly finish up his lack luster training grounds guide, and then end with the 3rd section. Frankly, if this "guide" continues, it will lead many people astray and continue to stain the Hidden-street forums with its uninformative and badly written presence o3o. There is no analysis, he restates common knowledge, and he doesn't provide all the information. His training grounds are ill-informed and sometimes impossible (as are the other portions of his guide), he uses words incorrectly, and guides people in the wrong direction.

Conclusion

I'm strongly in favor of taking this guide off Hidden-street. It's obvious that there has been little, if any, effort spared to make this guide.

It's original but provides no new information.

His style is interesting, especially with the difficult to read font.

The quality and content which is "The most important rule of the three, which may supercede other guidelines above" is at an extremely low level. There is no quality or validity to the majority of his statements and there is an obvious lack of content or depth to the content present.

"Your guides should not be too brief, too short," - No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by F50 NOS View Post
    I am serious. It's not our job to filter the good guides from the bad guides. What's good in our eyes might not be what is good in the writer's eyes, and that is why I don't believe moderators should be the judge whether or not a guide is good or bad.

Like I said, if you feel like this guide needs improvements, then post them. Otherwise, refrain from replying. End of discussion.
    "Hidden Street reserves the right to reject guides deemed unsuitable by its Administrators and Moderators." would be my response. Quoted directly from
    http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/t...g-this-section.
    which the author of this guide should have read before submitting.

Is this satisfactory F50 NOS?
    Last edited by Tagg; 5th January 2011 at 01:50 PM.
    RangedMint ~ 200 BowMaster <3 ~ Kradia
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Can I also point something out?

Me mentions NOTHING that is wild hunter specific. Archers, Crossbowmen, Warriors (kinda), Slingers, Brawlers, Wind Archers, Thunder Breakers, Arans, and Bandits all upgrade a combination of dex and str, with many of them upgrading mainly dex. The OP says to go dexless, which alone makes this guide worthless for wild hunters. He may have meant to say Strless, so I'll forgive him on that if he edits it. However, he does not mention why "dexless/strless" is better. He doesn't give the major use of str for the Wild Hunter class. Hell, he doesn't even keep the stats straight. What he wrote could be applicable to a good third of the classes because it was so vague.

Maple weapons are not level 30.

The training spots, apart from being impossible, are insanely vague. With the exception of Scare Crows and Signs, he never mentions a specific map. Where can one find snails? They spawn (in 3 types) on at least a dozen maps.

There is NO MENTION of Skill Point allocation, arguably the most important aspect of building a strong character. Other than the ":Wild Hunter" in the title, there is NO MENTION of the class itself.

It takes me at least 4 hours to write and fact check a legitimate and in depth guide, and even then, I go back and edit as necessary. A guide should "guide" users through the game, and answer any questions they have about the topic. This really just creates more confusion. He picked the most complicated topic in the game (effective output of damage), and threw half a paragraph of nonsense down.

I normally try to be forgiving or offer real criticism, but my first post still stands until he edits:
    I can't tell if he's being serious or just trolling. LF>IP check.

Spoiler!

I think this guide should've been rejected when it was telling people to make a dexless archer-type class.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Yeah... why are we kicking this thread again?

Also, do your research.
    I'm Retired.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    I think this guide should've been rejected when it was telling people to make a dexless archer-type class.
    I didn't believe it when I read this, but then I reread the OP. I lol'd heartily, stopped reading the rest of the OP, and then read Tagg's post while still snickering.

We really do need some guidelines as to what gets approved as a "guide". Think of the poor nooblets.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.

Aw, I feel so bad for him.

I can see him, coming back after having done what felt like years of research, finally having put up his life's work, the one true guide out of all his works that he really believes in.
    He knows he can't fail this time, and this is his last chance. His children have mouths he has to feed, and he's just been fired from his job. Hes come back to check the forum, hoping that maybe, just maybe, he's helped someone. Knowing he brought a smile to someone's face or made someone's life easier would have made his day.

Instead he sees this ... and he cries.
    Insert melancholy violin compositions here. It is tragic.

Loving you is easy 'cause you're unconscious right now. Do do dodo~ Aaaa!