Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New at Archers have 2 quick questions...

Beginner

BLAH. I messed around with my XBow Skills and totally messed them up. (HotTime Event). I also tried a WA but figured it was pointless since I would be capped at 120. I am going to make a fresh new XBow, and I have some more questions. :)

1. What should I cap STR at? The Metus sounds pretty good, how far in the game would that take me? Am I able to do Pure Dex?
    2. Arrow Blow vs Doubleshot... which should I max and why? Are both of these useless 120+?
    3. Level 70 skills... which of these skills becomes worthless 120+?
    4. What skills 120+ should I not max by the time I'm 200?

Thanks guys :)

Quote Originally Posted by Espi View Post
    BLAH. I messed around with my XBow Skills and totally messed them up. (HotTime Event). I also tried a WA but figured it was pointless since I would be capped at 120. I am going to make a fresh new XBow, and I have some more questions. :)

1. What should I cap STR at? The Metus sounds pretty good, how far in the game would that take me? Am I able to do Pure Dex?
    2. Arrow Blow vs Doubleshot... which should I max and why? Are both of these useless 120+?
    3. Level 70 skills... which of these skills becomes worthless 120+?
    4. What skills 120+ should I not max by the time I'm 200?

Thanks guys :)
    1. The Metus is a Bow, not an xBow. You can probably go STRless with enough funding, but ~30 STR isn't going to affect you all that much.
    2. I would say Arrow Blow now, since it semi-mobs (hits 2 targets). Pretty sure you can max both, but either way; both are pretty much unused by 2nd job where Arrow Bomb/Iron Arrow become your main skills.
    3. If you mean 3rd job skills, pretty much everything gets replaced except Strafe if you're an xBowman... But they get Ultimate Strafe, which goes over it.
    4. I would say Dragon Breath. It's not very useful, especially without minimum range. Maybe put a point into it, but no more than that. You probably won't ever use it.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Beginner

Hmmm now I'm debating going BM instead...

1. Which does Ice and which does fire attacks?

2. How does the DPS compare against BM/Xbows? Endgame?

3. What is the main difference btw xbows and bms?

4. If I went BM, which skills in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd jobs become useless at 4th job?

5. If I wanted to go low STR BM, what should I cap STR at? I'm unfunded, so buying a 4b weapon is sort of out of the question lol..

Hmmm now I'm debating going BM instead...

1. Which does Ice and which does fire attacks?

2. How does the DPS compare against BM/Xbows? Endgame?

3. What is the main difference btw xbows and bms?

4. If I went BM, which skills in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd jobs become useless at 4th job?

5. If I wanted to go low STR BM, what should I cap STR at? I'm unfunded, so buying a 4b weapon is sort of out of the question lol..

1. Normal bows are fire, Crossbows are Ice.

2.Marksmen (crossbows) Do one hit for a lot of damage every few seconds, doing mediocre damage inbetween that.
    Bowmasters (bows) Do a lot of little hits for a mediocre amount of damage very very fast. (400 some odd arrows a minute)

3.Marksmen are burst damage. Bowmasters are better for consistant damage. Marksmen have higher damage starting out, but they equalize at about 130, and then Bowmasters eventually beat them out.

4.The best thing about archer is that almost all of it's skills are incredibly useful for at least a little while. The skills that are actually genuinely useless are Focus, Double shot, And Power Knockback.

5.I'd say around 50-80 Str. I capped at 70 And I'm doing great. You'll get plenty of extra strength from equipment.

Beginner

4.The best thing about archer is that almost all of it's skills are incredibly useful for at least a little while. The skills that are actually genuinely useless are Focus, Double shot, And Power Knockback.

So should I have gone Arrow Blow instead of Double Shot? I just hit 10 and put my first point into Double Shot because I heard its better because you have twice the chance to crit...?

So should I have gone Arrow Blow instead of Double Shot? I just hit 10 and put my first point into Double Shot because I heard its better because you have twice the chance to crit...?
    It really doesn't matter which one you pick, I just Prefer Arrow Blow because it's an early mob skill.

Beginner

Ohhhh okay thank you :)

Another question, what should I cap STR at if I want to go low STR? I think I will go BM instead of XBow, I like more DPS classes and I like bows more. My friend said to cap at 50, is that a good idea?

Also when I hit 30, 30-70 I can max all my 2nd job skills right? If so, should I end up maxing arrow blow as well? (Since I'm using DS until 30...) or should I just focus on the one that makes my 1st level job skills better (I forgot what it's called...)

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post

5.I'd say around 50-80 Str. I capped at 70 And I'm doing great. You'll get plenty of extra strength from equipment.
    Enhanced Basics is nice. And you can max everything 2nd job.

Beginner

OKAY TY ALL OF YOU so much :)

One last thing I promise! Lol! It's about capping my STR.

I plan to at least have a ZHelm (+15) and a Black Belt (+5), (maybe 95/90 if I get a dep star and a few rings...) so can I cap my STR base at 100? I plan to eventually use the Timeless or Reverse bow. I mean, if I capped my STR, would:
    1. BM's that have capped their STR lower do more DMG than me? If so, how much so? Is it really even noticable.
    2. Can I just use +DEX or +ATT equips instead of +STR?

I am having SO much fun already on my Hunter! :)

I know a common place to cap is around 70 or 75 and the rest is covered by STR equips since a lot of equips can cover the STR loss. Makering items with a little extra STR and shoes can give you STR or capes, hats, etc. Lots can. HTPs especially are great ways to get more STR if you can get one.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward