Thread: Need Help With Thief

Default Need Help With Thief

Adam Gates Here.
    I've started a new thief character and would like to now equipment, what skills, and other important stuff need to become an unstoppable Shadower.
    If you have info also on training spots and how to get money fast with thief. PLEASE tell me.
    Thankyou for listening
    Gates

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGates View Post
    Adam Gates Here.
    I've started a new thief character and would like to now equipment, what skills, and other important stuff need to become an unstoppable Shadower.
    If you have info also on training spots and how to get money fast with thief. PLEASE tell me.
    Thankyou for listening
    Gates
    uhh... They're a pretty complicated class...

One is that they need a certain amount of dex that has to be capped for best damage range overall. Also, STR needs to be implemented since shadowers get shields called khanjar (level 80) and dragon khanjar (120). Both of those shields need STR, which also has to be capped as at certain point

Also, I'm not familiar with the new builds of how a bandit should be post BB, but I would say that when you are questing, you will want to do Alcaster and the Book of Ancients to buy summoning rocks for Shadow Partner in 3rd and 4th job.

Thankyou for the heads up.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Early on, keep your str at 4 base and your dex as low as possible (at max, bring it to 80 base). Once you get to the level that you can use a Khanjar, upgrade enough str to do so, but ONLY if you have a Zhelm/Dep Star/Rings/Glasses/etc. Definitely do not upgrade your base until you have nearly full end-game gear before using a Dragon Khanjar (at least an egged HTP as a pendant). +all stats help Khanjar wearing shadowers greatly, since you use 3/4 the four stats.

Spoiler!

Thanks for the advice.
    Also having trouble deciding between maxing either Haste or Steal. What fo you think?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGates View Post
    Thanks for the advice.
    Also having trouble deciding between maxing either Haste or Steal. What fo you think?
    Haste, no question about it. Put steal to lvl 11. Steal just isn't very useful, especially end-game. Even though it mobs, it's just not that incredible.

Spoiler!