Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outlaw-Capping strength

Icon7 Outlaw-Capping strength

Im a lvl 70 outlaw, Ive been hearing how gunslingers should cap their strength, when should i cap it?

Generally you should be keeping it as low as you possibly can (Around 30 ~ 60). Addition Str should be obtained from potential stats, scrolls and certain equips like pendents and belts.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

If you scroll heavily for dex, you can pull it up to about 80 base, but that will really be pushing it if you plan to go end game. Stay very low-str until you can at least wear average mid-game equips (zhelm, dep star, etc).

Spoiler!

What would you recommend as a base for someone who started a character without any funding?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    That is the pleasure of a public bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That's just the pleasure of holding in your business for too long, and as a gamer I have that feeling if I decide to hold it in just so I can kill a boss or get a level or go to the next map before stopping off at the bathroom, even if I'm at home.

60-70?

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Beginner

i would say really low. I made the mistake of getting 45 base STR and i have 121str (u need 120 for reverse) already even with my blown dep and STR belt. And i dnt hav a htp yet X.X

EDIT: srry, didnt realize the no funding part. As long as u can get a zhelm and a dep from the quests) and a decent belt and yea... I would say around 80?
    Last edited by popgunman; 10th February 2011 at 07:30 AM. Reason: didnt see above post XP

Quote Originally Posted by popgunman View Post
    i would say really low. I made the mistake of getting 45 base STR and i have 121str (u need 120 for reverse) already even with my blown dep and STR belt. And i dnt hav a htp yet X.X

EDIT: srry, didnt realize the no funding part. As long as u can get a zhelm and a dep from the quests) and a decent belt and yea... I would say around 80?
    Sorry, what's dep? I just kinda got back to mapling after a LONG time and with BB hitting MSEA (my game) in two weeks, I'm lost to how low can a slinger cap now.
    Let's say I cap at 60, but what ways are there to get it up to 120 eventually with maybe a zhelm and some str scrolling?

Quote Originally Posted by AcrylicBlaze View Post
    Sorry, what's dep? I just kinda got back to mapling after a LONG time and with BB hitting MSEA (my game) in two weeks, I'm lost to how low can a slinger cap now.
    Let's say I cap at 60, but what ways are there to get it up to 120 eventually with maybe a zhelm and some str scrolling?
    http://global.hidden-street.net/eq/p...er-deputy-star

That's a Deputy Star, you can get it once you hit level 80, by doing quests for Lita Lawless. Or, buy one in the Free Market for about 20-40m depending on your server. I'm not quite sure if Maple Sea evne has Deputy Stars.

Oh okay, thanks. Hopefully that quest does come out with the BB patch.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrylicBlaze View Post
    I am capped at 30 and don't even need a horntail pendant to equip my concerto.
    I do need it for my reverse (120 req str), so here's what I have.

30 base
    +22 HTP
    +5 STR Black Belt
    +15 STR Scarlion Hat (DEX)
    +2 Master Adv. Medal
    +18 Rings (2x Evo Ring level 17, 1x Resistance Ring, 1x Zombie Ring)
    = 92 STR
    +12 STR Overall (Req. 90 STR)
    +7 STR Shoes (Req. 90 STR)
    = 111 STR
    9% All stat (6% cape, 3% HTP)
    = 120 Total STR.

I'm missing a few points here and there, I have some equipment that gives me +STR on the potential, but none of my gear is end-game cubed so those don't count.

bolt202/veil225/feint200