Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to train - I'm a Wild Hunter

Beginner

Icon1 Where to train - I'm a Wild Hunter

Somebody please reply - I'm a Wild Hunter and I don't know where to train. I'm really confused, and I just want to know some of the places I should be training at. I'm Level 17.

Banned

Job quests can and will easily take you to 30. `-`

Beginner

Thank you :)

When I'm Level 20-30, should I do KPQ when I don't have any job quests to do?

No, just grind at Edelstein.
    99% of this game is grinding so may as well get started now.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Beginner

Thanks for the info, it helped a lot.

I think job quests will only take you to 22-23, then the edelstien and job quests dry up and you have to grind to like 27 for your next quest, or something.

Goals: 45 [X] 50 [X] 60 [X] Crusader [ ] Solo Mushmom [ ] Solo Zombie Mushmom [ ] Solo Mushdad [ ] Make new sets of goals [ ]

I'd do job quests until level 20ish, then head over to Victoria Island and grind at the Mixed Golems minidungeon until level 28/29, then head back to Edelstein and finish all the quests before you job advance.
    RangedMint ~ 200 BowMaster <3 ~ Kradia
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Maplestory Goals
    [x] Reach Level 70 on RangedMint [12/31/2010] 120 [1/1/2011] BM [x] Max SE [x] 165 [2/20/2012] 200 [7/21/2013] MintehBear 120 [] Corsair [] Paladin [] Shadower
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

You can technically grind or do quests until about 30 (after that, it's usually Mushroom Kingdom). I'd recommend having about 10 Str and raising Dex to huge amounts until then. Accuracy doesn't have much of an effect, but the other parts of Dex (phys and mag miss) are gonna be helpful later. Also, accuracy does help a bit for hitting overlevel enemies. I was able at level 22 to take down level 28 enemies, speeding up grind a great deal.

Of course it's a pain in the butt to not be able to upgrade bows, so I'd say start raising 1 Str each level after level 30, until you get to a reasonable cap point. The Resistance gear will help in this regard, as it's able to level, stretching its usefulness out for a few more levels (the fact that it's statless doesn't hurt either).

Also, keep the panthers active at all times (except for using Infiltrate and your chair), as in addition to HB effect, you get +40% to critical.

@bulmafailquitmaplestoryalready
    you need to stop misleading people. not only is it extremely confusing for the person you're addressing, it's also ridiculously frustrating for people who know what they're doing.
    @OP
    -If you're making a WH and you have the "Resistance Support Box" from another character 40+, then don't put points into STR. Use your nubby bow until 30, and use that weapon until like 70.
    -If you DON'T have the Box, then your total STR should roughly equal your level to equip crossbows. I recommend you don't raise your STR past 60 or so, as it's not too hard to get +STR items.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

The lvl 30 resistance crossbow goes up to 70 attack clean, and requires no stats. I'd actually suggest using it and going pure strless until you have decent mid-game gear (zhelm, dep star, minor equips, etc). Only crossbows will require str, overalls/shoes/gloves/tops/bottoms only require dex.

Spoiler!