Thread: Help With Ice/Lightning Mage Skill Build Post Big Bang?

Default Help With Ice/Lightning Mage Skill Build Post Big Bang?

I've been looking around and can't find a guide to fourth job skills post big bang. Build suggestions or links to builds/guides?

Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Someone will come and say this is outdated. But this site is frequently improved bit by bit:
    www.basilmarket.com/MapleStory-Guides.html

From yours truly -????
    http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/t...-Page-1-w00t-!
    Last edited by kaglover1; 5th January 2011 at 12:12 AM.

I didn't post my post BB skill build link here because the OP is asking for info on the 4th job skills, where I don't have any information on.

Basically, CL and Big Bang become your most important skills, blizzard is nice and all but not a huge priority anymore.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

As a general rule of thumb, if a guide was not updated within the last ~3 months, it will be outdated to the point of being useless (since big bang changed everything).
    From playing around with skills, here's what I would upgrade if I remade my Arch Mage.

120: 1 Big Bang 1 Blizzard 1 Chain Lightning. Big Bang and Blizzard will both be kept at lvl 1 for quite a while, but are still somewhat useful at these levels. At 181, I still have Big Bang at lvl 7, and I 1 hit almost all training mobs with it. It's incredibly powerful right from the start, but only gains a total of 10% per level (2%x5 hits). Considering you have to charge and release this, that 10% isn't a whole lot compared to other skills. Blizzard at lvl 1 is only about half as effective as max, but is still very worth 1 point for now, even if just for a full screen freezing move. Chain Lightning will be your main training move, so we're going to start on that.

Proceed to upgrade Chain Lightning every level until it's maxed. If you can't pass CL30, pass it anyway. You won't do much without it.
    Then max Buff Mastery (just 10 points).

Upgrade Ice Demon to lvl 5 to unlock Elquines, then upgrade Elquines to lvl 21 for a 3 second freeze duration.

After this point, you should have a good grasp on the character to continue.

Spoiler!