Thread: How long should gaining a level take from 65-70?

Default How long should gaining a level take from 65-70?

Just wanted to ask here simply just to see if i'm SLOW at leveling, fast at leveling, or around the same speed it took you guys. :P New to maplestory, i'm currently using an Aran.

It took me between 1 hour and 1 hour and a half STRAIGHT GRINDING to go from 66 to 67. Is this pretty good? Or super slow? Or..? Thanks.

PS: I know grinding isn't suppose to be easy and an hour is pretty good (i guess? I don't really know which is why i'm asking lol). But I would just like to know if that's the average range it took you guys so I know where i'm at, thanks.

An hour for grinding isn't too good, especially with Big Bang now. I went to Malaysia to train but people would generally suggest Truckers in Singapore. The general trend is Truckers till level 70 (I'm guessing and I'd leave at 68), Jesters till 90 (I'd go there at 68 and leave at 88), and Mp3 for 90+
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Well since it's not "too good" i'm guessing it's not "that bad" either? :P

I mean, I know some people are always going to be a bit faster than me, because I don't have the best equipment, but I just want to know if i'm leveling veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slowly lol compared to others.

And alright thanks for the advice. I'm 67 Aran now and I plan on going to Jesters already and see how I can hang there. If it's a bit tough i'll head to the new Puppets in the mines til 70 or so then head to Jesters.

EDIT: sorry should say ROBOS

I had been training at ROBOS because for me, using an Aran, fast spawns with flat maps were the easiest to train on. I trained on CD's til 50 or so! lol. Maybe i'll level faster at Jesters since they give pretty good exp.
    Last edited by imthegoat; 5th January 2011 at 02:54 PM.

Well.... you could be doing worse, lets put it that way =P

Jesters are level 70, and I was missing them slightly at level 68 on my Battle Mage. To be on the safe side, staying at Puppets in the mine isn't a bad idea till level 69 or 70. Jesters are fairly weak, dealing reasonably low damage, and with a HP of 50k (I believe so anyway). Cutting through that will be next to nothing for you. When at Jesters make sure you take the bottom platform, otherwise training will be like brushing your teeth with rocks.

CDs people stay to till about mid 60s now X_x; Crazy but the map is nice and flat and perfect for mobbers like Arans. I'd say CDs are beyond you now.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Yeah most post big bang guides I saw suggested leaving CD's at like 45 but I think I actually stayed til mid 50's just because they were perfect for Aran's. And thanks for the help.

Lots of the omega sector mobs are around that level, I personally train my Bowman at maetons, (level 65) It has a nice route you can cycle throughout the map.