Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Battle Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous View Post
    advanced auras are passives that beef up your regular ones

e: tbh i'd drop advanced dark chains to 11 since that's where it gets 8 mob pull, max out reaper and put that last point into more blood drain tho
    You can't add your 3rd job sp to your 2nd job... I was planning to do a build about maxing reaper instead of adc keeping it at 13 only, but i need to do the other things first like training area's...

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    I actually maxed Teleport first, as the quests involve just running around the place constantly. 1 Triple Blow worked well enough until Teleport was maxed.

Also, is it just me, or does Booster stack with Yellow Aura? Because it looks like it does...
    Yeahh booster does stack with yellow aura haha.
    Last edited by Efficiency; 9th January 2011 at 03:48 PM.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

quick question: for "Summon Reaper" when it says "when you attack", does that mean it can summon multiple reapers?
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Banned

yes, every single hit has a chance to proc a reaper

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonous View Post
    yes, every single hit has a chance to proc a reaper
    And that's why there's a low % chance to summon, so there's no reaper-mass-summon-spam?

also, respond to my PM already.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    And that's why there's a low % chance to summon, so there's no reaper-mass-summon-spam?
    yes

on the 3rd job you can't add to Body Boost above 6 until you max conversion

Quote Originally Posted by grim View Post
    on the 3rd job you can't add to Body Boost above 6 until you max conversion
    That's not true. It's currently glitched, people who didnt max it before the patch have to wait till Nexon fixes it.

On a side note i'll be updating again tonight.
    Last edited by Efficiency; 22nd January 2011 at 03:56 PM.

Summon reaper buff's description is misleading. you can only summon after u kill the monster. I also wonder why maxing advanced blue aura. I feel that its kinda useless against bosses that can use skill to make ur hp and mp to 1 and kill u if there is a party member who get affected as well. share your disccussions. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Frondnoir View Post
    Summon reaper buff's description is misleading. you can only summon after u kill the monster. I also wonder why maxing advanced blue aura. I feel that its kinda useless against bosses that can use skill to make ur hp and mp to 1 and kill u if there is a party member who get affected as well. share your disccussions. cheers
    Summon Reaper Buff's description isnt misleading. Every single hit has a chance to summon one. And true there's that downside of that 1/1 hit when using Advanced Blue Aura but it also has a passive effect when you're not using it which helps in training (Abnormal Status Resistance: +20%, Elemenatal Resistance: +20%).

Okay it is kind of useless against bosses like Zakum and Pap, but why would you use advanced blue aura there? You'll should be using Dark Aura. Advanced Blue aura would be use at boss like Horntail ( Last time i check it doesnt have a 1/1 hit).

Differences between Blue Aura and Advanced : - Credits to johny2toes.
    Spoiler!

So basically you would have taken 1200 damage due to it be distrubted evenly among your 6 oarty members instead of takung the 30k hit.

But it really is entirely up to you, wheather you're a person that likes to go bosses or solo. If solo i wouldnt max Advanced blue aura leaving it at only 13.
    Last edited by Efficiency; 26th January 2011 at 03:35 PM.

Slime

Just thought I'd throw this in, a brief video I made of my cycling the Gigantic Spirit Viking map that you may want to add in the 120+ training section. (which is, apparently, coming soon!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fSrfie1P4
    Embed if possible? XD

Just to chip in a little more, I personally never use reaper during training, I don't even have it hot-keyed and I very rarely use dark shock. My training mainly consists of casting Blow+Tele but I do tend to use Finisher at bosses as the 20% defence reduction comes in handy.