Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Battle Mage

Updated!

Quote Originally Posted by xBowlCut View Post
    Just thought I'd throw this in, a brief video I made of my cycling the Gigantic Spirit Viking map that you may want to add in the 120+ training section. (which is, apparently, coming soon!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4fSrfie1P4
    Embed if possible? XD

Just to chip in a little more, I personally never use reaper during training, I don't even have it hot-keyed and I very rarely use dark shock. My training mainly consists of casting Blow+Tele but I do tend to use Finisher at bosses as the 20% defence reduction comes in handy.
    Thanks for the contribution :)
    LOL Yeahh i keep saying i'll update but then something comes up :/ Going to update tonight... probably and if i do i'll embed it for you haha.
    Yeahh i find reaper pretty useless, it attack every 1-3 seconds and doesnt even mob.
    p.s nice damage and congrats on making it to level 139 8)
    Last edited by Efficiency; 26th January 2011 at 03:56 PM.

Here's my impressions on the 3rd job build, based on my experiences so far.

I got 1 each in Tele Mastery, Quint, Dark Shock, Conversion, and Adv Chain to start off. Then I went Battle Mastery first, followed by Tele Mastery, then Quint, then got Adv Chain to 11 and maxed Dark Shock. I would have mixed Body Boost in at some point, but A. I didn't like the instability with the cooldown and B. The extra speed with Yellow Aura is useless to me since I'm still using an Evil Wings. Also, I got glitched because the patch hit when I was level 88. Currently saving points for it now (level 99).

Honestly I haven't had any problems with wanting more damage. I can fund the char with some of my bishop's equips and Blessing, so that's one reason why, but in general I think BaMs do a ton of damage for how mobile they are. I like Dark Shock because people think twice about KSing you when you're popping high 5 digits in the middle of 3rd job, and the cooldown usually isn't a problem since you save it for a big mob anyway.

I'm planning on maxing Reaper because, although I use Adv Chain a lot (hardly ever used regular Chain in 2nd), I don't tend to need the extra damage from it. I'm pretty much killing things with an Adv Chain and a telecast Quint, with Dark Aura because, well, Evil Wings hits the speed cap with just Booster so I don't need Yellow. That's one reason I maxed Tele Mastery so early, because it was my lowest damage attack and it costs me virtually no extra time if I telecast my other skills. (And it speeds you up way more than Yellow Aura, with the passive extra distance.)

Anyway... My preferences as someone relatively funded, with mage experience, might not be that of the typical guide follower. But Tele Mastery early is so useful and it's amazing just at level 1. I'm really surprised you don't have it included as a one point wonder at 70 or 71 for all your builds.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    Here's my impressions on the 3rd job build, based on my experiences so far.

I got 1 each in Tele Mastery, Quint, Dark Shock, Conversion, and Adv Chain to start off. Then I went Battle Mastery first, followed by Tele Mastery, then Quint, then got Adv Chain to 11 and maxed Dark Shock. I would have mixed Body Boost in at some point, but A. I didn't like the instability with the cooldown and B. The extra speed with Yellow Aura is useless to me since I'm still using an Evil Wings. Also, I got glitched because the patch hit when I was level 88. Currently saving points for it now (level 99).

Honestly I haven't had any problems with wanting more damage. I can fund the char with some of my bishop's equips and Blessing, so that's one reason why, but in general I think BaMs do a ton of damage for how mobile they are. I like Dark Shock because people think twice about KSing you when you're popping high 5 digits in the middle of 3rd job, and the cooldown usually isn't a problem since you save it for a big mob anyway.

I'm planning on maxing Reaper because, although I use Adv Chain a lot (hardly ever used regular Chain in 2nd), I don't tend to need the extra damage from it. I'm pretty much killing things with an Adv Chain and a telecast Quint, with Dark Aura because, well, Evil Wings hits the speed cap with just Booster so I don't need Yellow. That's one reason I maxed Tele Mastery so early, because it was my lowest damage attack and it costs me virtually no extra time if I telecast my other skills. (And it speeds you up way more than Yellow Aura, with the passive extra distance.)

Anyway... My preferences as someone relatively funded, with mage experience, might not be that of the typical guide follower. But Tele Mastery early is so useful and it's amazing just at level 1. I'm really surprised you don't have it included as a one point wonder at 70 or 71 for all your builds.
    Hmm I'm wondering why you added 1 point into conversion so early? I have to admit Tele Mastery is useful, I have a point or two in it already. I lasted without it at the earlier levels, but I guess im going to reorganise the builds adding 1 point into it earlier. And i think i'm going to add 1 point to Dark Shock early too since it has amazing damage at level 1. Thanks for the suggestion, going to readjust things now. And the body boost glitch is so annoying :/
    I've gave credits to you for the suggestion in the Updates part of the guide. Thanks.
    Last edited by Efficiency; 26th January 2011 at 07:02 PM.

this guide really helpful hoping 120+ comes soon ill need it soon xD

Thanks for your posts. They are really very cool, very wonderful!!
    website promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
    Hmm I'm wondering why you added 1 point into conversion so early? I have to admit Tele Mastery is useful, I have a point or two in it already. I lasted without it at the earlier levels, but I guess im going to reorganise the builds adding 1 point into it earlier. And i think i'm going to add 1 point to Dark Shock early too since it has amazing damage at level 1. Thanks for the suggestion, going to readjust things now. And the body boost glitch is so annoying :/
    I've gave credits to you for the suggestion in the Updates part of the guide. Thanks.
    Sorry for the late reply. I added 1 to Conversion in case of random boss runs I didn't feel like going on my bishop for, or quests or something. Felt like it was better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

In the end, I probably wouldn't do it again. I underestimated how much mobs' damage was nerfed in BB. I've only just now had to start using HP potions again, at Ghost Pirates... Drain was covering my needs before. But it's only 1 point, so I guess it felt good to have that security. I think I did need Conversion for a CWKPQ run around level 100, and I can't remember if I had maxed it yet or if that was the level 1. (I was worried about the warrior's attack up buff. I was hanging around giving my party Dark Aura for kicks, even though I couldn't hit the bosses.)

I'm at 109 now and really wishing they'd fix Body Boost. I'd have way more motivation to level if they did. Have all 20 points saved. Oh well, adding points into Reaper now and it's... interesting. Still thinking about maxing it over Adv Chain. It's frustrating that it seems like it's always the last monster you kill on a platform that spawns a reaper, though!
    Spoiler!

Level 94: +1 Teleport Mastery (10), +3 Conversion (3)
    Level 95: +3 Conversion (8)
    Level 96: +2 Conversion (10), +1 Dark Shock (1)
    im confused.
    1. u only get 3 sp points per level unless im mistaken, so how can u put 1 into tele mastery and 3 into conversion
    2. assuming that level 94 was not a mistake, how do u add 3 sp to conversion and get 8?
    plz explain

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana View Post
    Sorry for the late reply. I added 1 to Conversion in case of random boss runs I didn't feel like going on my bishop for, or quests or something. Felt like it was better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

In the end, I probably wouldn't do it again. I underestimated how much mobs' damage was nerfed in BB. I've only just now had to start using HP potions again, at Ghost Pirates... Drain was covering my needs before. But it's only 1 point, so I guess it felt good to have that security. I think I did need Conversion for a CWKPQ run around level 100, and I can't remember if I had maxed it yet or if that was the level 1. (I was worried about the warrior's attack up buff. I was hanging around giving my party Dark Aura for kicks, even though I couldn't hit the bosses.)

I'm at 109 now and really wishing they'd fix Body Boost. I'd have way more motivation to level if they did. Have all 20 points saved. Oh well, adding points into Reaper now and it's... interesting. Still thinking about maxing it over Adv Chain. It's frustrating that it seems like it's always the last monster you kill on a platform that spawns a reaper, though!
    Body Boost still isnt fixed yet? D:
    I havnt played in awhile school started for me. I really cant believe Nexon hasnt fixed it yet. Max Adv Chain if you just want more damage with your Chain otherwise just go ahead and max Reaper for the hect of it. IMO Reaper probably isnt worth it because it cant mob if it did then I would definetly max it over Adv Chains, but at the same time Adv Chains just gives you more damage and increases the amount it hits where as maxing reaper increases the reaper's spawn time and it's attack. The choice is up too you. And yeahh I really hate that too, it's always the last monster you kill when it appears and it disappears soon afterwards if the monsters lag to respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by jitenp View Post
    im confused.
    1. u only get 3 sp points per level unless im mistaken, so how can u put 1 into tele mastery and 3 into conversion
    2. assuming that level 94 was not a mistake, how do u add 3 sp to conversion and get 8?
    plz explain
    I think I messed that up D:
    I'll fix it as soon as I finish my maths h/w.
    Thanks for pointing that out :D

I think I messed that up D:
    I'll fix it as soon as I finish my maths h/w.
    Thanks for pointing that out :D
    thx cause i was like "HUH??"

BuckshotEye-8x Cannoneer
    Destresation- 8x Aran
    [05-06, 19:18] Tesiqurasa: jitenp is hot <----took you long enough

Ey! man where u can find the Evil Wing Staff ??? What Monsters ? Sorry if that don't go here