Thread: Advice on my Bandit

Icon4 Advice on my Bandit

Okay after being away from maple for so long I just started getting back into my bandit and because I was never really any good at maple I just sort of randomly put points into stuff. So I was wondering if any one could tell me if I was bad and need to start over or if it will just be a tough road from here till later. I'm not funded cause this would be the account doing the funding so as for equips its just stuff for my level.

Drie
    Spoiler!

Any ideas critiques on what I should do be it get Nx scrolls and redo distribution or scrap which I would rather not do cause I can't move all the event items and stuff that I like to the new character, etc that would be greatly appreciated

Also any thing I should get for him?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

You have a very high base dex. It's much past the point of being reasonable for end-game. Even with no expensive equips my Night Lord was able to reach 140 total dex with just 80 base (and this was nearly two years ago). 100 base dex is way too much.

However, it's not so high that your character will be utterly worthless. You CAN still salvage the situation, but it's going to take several hundred million mesos to do. My advice would be to restart as a pure luk dit. Str is unnecessary until you can equip a Khanjar, and even then, 30 base is a bit high for modern equip standards. 30 base is reasonable when equipping a Dragon Khanjar, but remember that your TOTAL Str/Dex only needs to be enough to equip your items.

Also, you shouldn't be equipping every piece of armor. Use your armor to equip your weapon. For example, a +10 dex sauna costs less than 1m. If you need 50 dex to equip a dagger, your base only needs to be 40 with the sauna. A ton of equips give +all stats, and they're very easy to get now. You should cap your base dex anywhere from 60-80. If you need to keep using a lower level dagger for a few levels, that's fine. It will be much better in the long run.

Also, lvl 55 takes a couple days with big bang. Just don't delete the character (you get lvl 5 blessing of the fairy when you make a new character).

Spoiler!

Thank you.
    Any tips on what skills to max / avoid

As of the big bang I am seeing that most classes are simply about putting out as much damage as they can just in different ways based on choice that is why i posted this I thought i wasn't putting out enough ()

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vyse_654321 View Post
    Thank you.
    Any tips on what skills to max / avoid

As of the big bang I am seeing that most classes are simply about putting out as much damage as they can just in different ways based on choice that is why i posted this I thought i wasn't putting out enough ()

Your skills are pretty much dead on point. Go with 6 booster for quick attack boost for 1 minute and then go shadow resistance. After that max booster.

So no more steal cause it is giving me big numbers and I don't want to get all excited and miss anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dual Blade View Post
    I put 30 pnts into INT cause I din't want my chara to be dumb...

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

you'll eventually put steal to about lvl 11, but that will be fine for training since it's replaced quickly by BoT. It's a decent skill, but the other skills are much better later in the game.

Spoiler!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by vyse_654321 View Post
    So no more steal cause it is giving me big numbers and I don't want to get all excited and miss anything.
    You're not going to miss Steal when you get BoT in 3rd job.

Actually, steal's still pretty much useless

I see a lot of people bashing steal :( BB made some heavy changes to the skill.
    I don't like BoT because it has little lasting impact. It only hits 1 more mob than steal, for slightly more damage, which is only until you get meso mastery, and it doesn't gain the benefit of pickpocket or envenom. Three corner stones of your class.
    The way the classes are right now you can dump points into everything of your first and second book so long as booster doesn't go over 10 you can max everything else out. Put as few points into double slash and as you can get away with because it gets replaced immediately.
    As for damage Steal does more than fully upgraded Slash Blast which Pages are forced to use well into their 12Xs.
    Last edited by Avatarded; 25th January 2011 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatarded View Post
    I don't like BoT because it has little lasting impact. It only hits 1 more mob than steal, for slightly more damage, which is only until you get meso mastery, and it doesn't gain the benefit of pickpocket or envenom. Three corner stones of your class.
    The way the classes are right now you can dump points into everything of your first and second book so long as booster doesn't go over 10 you can max everything else out. Put as few points into double slash and as you can get away with because it gets replaced immediately.
    As for damage Steal does more than fully upgraded Slash Blast which Pages are forced to use well into their 12Xs.
    It's not the damage it's the range, Bot Has amazing range, always has always will. That's why it's better than steal. And as I personally believe, Damage after level 50, is largely irrelevant until 130. Steal could hit twice as much as band of thieves, but the range on band of thieves for some maps would still Greatly outweigh the extra damage, providing you can still hurt the monsters well enough, which with big bang boosts, is never a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatarded View Post
    Er...what? BoT definitely works with both Pickpocket AND Venom, and Meso Mastery doesn't affect it. o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    It's not the damage it's the range, Bot Has amazing range, always has always will. That's why it's better than steal. And as I personally believe, Damage after level 50, is largely irrelevant until 130. Steal could hit twice as much as band of thieves, but the range on band of thieves for some maps would still Greatly outweigh the extra damage, providing you can still hurt the monsters well enough, which with big bang boosts, is never a problem.
    It is also partly the damage though. But yes, BoT's range is great. Unlike Steal, it can hit mobs behind and below you, as well as slightly above.