Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FuzzPops Game calculator (EXP, Pots, Mesos)

The God of Destruction! Masked King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    That is one of the worst UI's I have ever seen.
    Thank you.

Lol sorry guys its my first EVER project using visual basic, I'm only 13 so i have LOTS to learn still If you care about the GUI SOOOO much why don't you make me a better one?

Besides it has 100+ downloads already and on the other site i posted this on i got 30 thanks, and no flames lmfao
    Last edited by Fuzzpop; 11th January 2011 at 04:13 AM.

Just get rid of all the background images and it will look 10x better. It's a calculator, not your own maple collage
    Spoiler!

a dumbass baby

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzpop View Post
    Lol sorry guys its my first EVER project using visual basic, I'm only 13 so i have LOTS to learn still If you care about the GUI SOOOO much why don't you make me a better one?

Besides it has 100+ downloads already and on the other site i posted this on i got 30 thanks, and no flames lmfao
    Well you indirectly asked for flames in the first place.

And now you know that you need to make a better GUI. If you're planning on programming software and your client thinks the GUI sucks and you tell them to "make me a better one" they aren't going to request you anymore.

;)

I'll download this later.

It's the font and the background colour of the font that's getting to me.
    Maybe make the font smaller and place the text directly over the image instead of them on top of a random patch of colour
    噢如果超人会飞
    那就让我在空中停一停歇
    再次俯瞰这个世界
    会让我觉得好一些

哦拯救地球好累
    虽然有些疲惫但我还是会
    不要问我哭过了没
    因为超人不能有眼泪

Quote Originally Posted by Masked King View Post
    Well if you ask people NOT to flame people WILL flame. 'Course they'll do it anyway but it's quicker when you ask them not too.
    Next time when someone tells to not jump off a bridge, please jump off a bridge. Obviously your logic is very flawed.
    This quote applies>
    Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    Or maybe you're just being a blunt jerk.
    For what it's worth, the concept of the utility is very solid (I have no way of verifying the solidity of the calculations since I don't play MS that much. The GUI is VERY easy to read and use.

Some things to consider:
    • A simpler background would work better. Backgrounds that tend to have more colors, like the one used here, make it more distracting and harder to make the fonts readable without looking tacky. If you want to use a render or an image, then instead of it being a collage of different images, only use one image.

• The type of text background used for "Amount of HP Potions Needed...", "Seconds Between HP/MP...", etc. looks great, so maybe use those for all other sections. Then distinguish the sections by giving them big section headers like POTIONS INPUT, RESULTS, etc.

• If you don't want to do that, then think about using white text with black stroke and a drop shadow. Even a 1 px stroke makes a difference when overlaying text on a vibrant background. Drop shadows also help tremendously.

• Consider instead of making it scattered like currently so, do a top-down format where every row only has one line of input. That way, you end up with a longer window, but one of your sides will be clear of text/input boxes allowing you to fit a render one side of the window and using the other side of the window for text input/output.

• Organize all sections and make them all equally sized. First time looking it over, I missed the "Seconds between potion/skill use" box.

• Also consider making deliberate attempts to tell the reader that monster EXP must be stated while HP Potion price is optional.

Lastly, as an end goal, I hope you'll implement this:
    • Think about putting integrating some of the database information into the library of the program. Such as selecting HP potion/MP potion from a drop down list, selecting character and skill (because each skill uses different MP), etc. It'll make the program a lot bigger in terms of file size, but it'll be great!

Again, I really enjoyed the effort and time put into this project, and it has potential to become even greater. For some of you repliers, either use your words better or take a class in sensitivity.

Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.

Pfaawww, you guise have no taste.
    That is one of the snazziest I've ever rolled upon.

On another note, you misspelled "Character Level" and "Total Mesos Dropped."

Quote Originally Posted by Twilla View Post
    Pfaawww, you guise have no taste.
    That is one of the snazziest I've ever rolled upon.

Huh?, this is either a spelling error or i need a dictionary

on topic, you showed me the updated version in chat box, and to be honest, it is looking so much better

Climbing in your windows, snatching your people up.

Quote Originally Posted by truemarcm124 View Post
    Huh?, this is either a spelling error or i need a dictionary

on topic, you showed me the updated version in chat box, and to be honest, it is looking so much better
    Haha, man. Yeah, my talking needs decoding. I speak in riddles, I'm sorry. Whyyy.
    It meant that I actually like the box. I could maybe appreciate if it was positioned a little differently and the blue box removed around that character. Other than that, I actually like it.

On topic again, -I- did? Or are you talking about the original poster? Er. I was just talking about spelling errors... I'm pretty confused now. Nevermind, I suppose.

Loving you is easy 'cause you're unconscious right now. Do do dodo~ Aaaa!

lmfao better now? (V6.3)