Thread: Barrage vs Demolition+Super Transform

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Default Barrage vs Demolition+Super Transform

I just restarted my bucc, but BB shifted my planned build (obviously).

Anyway, I'm first maxing Dragon Strike since that thing is just hacks now. I have 1 SI and 1 Barrage. Should I go and max Barrage next (30 points) or do a combination of Super Transformation and Demolition? ST now only has an "off" time of 20 seconds, and gives a massive +40 attack boost. Demolition is stronger and better ranged than barrage. However, Barrage takes 20 fewer points to max, and can be used off ST.

I would assume that I should upgrade ST+Demo+20 Snatch (5 mobs) first. Any other buccs have input regarding this? I'm not going for bossing damage at all, so keep that in mind.

Spoiler!

I would probably get Demo and ST, if ST is only off for 20 seconds you're not slowing down very much during the off time anyway, Probably the time it takes to energy drain away lost HP from training.

I got my bucc to 126 today, and since it took a while to get a DS20 book, I put 1 point into Super Transform, Demo, and Snatch. ST is just amazing with the lower cooldown now, even at level one.

I am, however, wondering how important max Time Leap is now. With the exception of Chaos Horntail, and Chaos Zakum, I can't really think of a scenario where a bishop would have to be ressing like crazy. The only time it seems to be useful is for Echo, but pretty much every run longer than 20 minutes has 2+ level 200s.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    I got my bucc to 126 today, and since it took a while to get a DS20 book, I put 1 point into Super Transform, Demo, and Snatch. ST is just amazing with the lower cooldown now, even at level one.

I am, however, wondering how important max Time Leap is now. With the exception of Chaos Horntail, and Chaos Zakum, I can't really think of a scenario where a bishop would have to be ressing like crazy. The only time it seems to be useful is for Echo, but pretty much every run longer than 20 minutes has 2+ level 200s.
    I wouldn't bother maxing TL. Put a single point into it, the CD is so long at max anyway it's not worth maxing until very very late-game.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Well, it's between that or Orb. Neither is incredibly useful, but I'm just doubting the new importance of max Time Leap.

Serious boss runs use Wheels, no one dies that often at HT anymore (and if they do, they probably shouldn't be at HT anyway), and there are several dozen lvl 200s in kradia. I'm thinking that even max SI would be more helpful to my party members than that, just because it lasts so much longer.

Spoiler!

Slightly OT but do you know where to find DS 30 and Barrage 20/30 they are killing me. Curse the Yello FM!

DS30 won't be too rare. Oblivion Guardians drop it (as does Griffey, I think). I've hunted for all of my books myself, and have found 2 DS30s so far. If they are in the fm, they generally go for 5-10m.

Spoiler!

Another point I was thinking about with Demo over Barrage, is that you already have a good off ST move in dragon strike, Unlocking Demo which seems like it would be your best bossing option, would be superior. That said I would do Dragon Strike > Super Transform > Demo > Point on Time Leap > SI.

Well, I just failed my 7th DS30 book, and I'm already 100% 2 hitting gigs (128 atm), so I decided to go and max ST until I can pass DS30. I like being able to be on constant transform while training, and having that extra time for demo at pap is very nice.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    DS30 won't be too rare. Oblivion Guardians drop it (as does Griffey, I think). I've hunted for all of my books myself, and have found 2 DS30s so far. If they are in the fm, they generally go for 5-10m.
    Thanks i'll bug my friends to redo ToT