Thread: Back to game after 1 year, and have a question about spearman..

Default Back to game after 1 year, and have a question about spearman..

Hi,
    I quit maple a year ago and i decided to back like 4 days ago..
    So, I checked out all the new jobs, and still wanna continue with my spearman.
    So he is lvl 6X and have 68 base dex, the problem is that I understood that after that BB the system has changed and every warrior should stay with 4 base dex, cuz they don't need any dex.
    So im lvl 6X with a lots of quests done and stuff ready for lvl 70 (the point in that sentence is that i don't wanna open a new char), but 64 useless dex points.
    And I'm not gonna spend money on NX ( AP reset )
    What do I do?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I would restart anyway, and there are a few reasons.

1. It's incredibly easy to level up to 70 now (about 80% easier than before). 1-70 will take you about a week of casual playing and 1-3 days of heavy grinding. 120 is about as difficult as 70 was a year ago.
    2. 68 base dex is just too high. I could understand continuing on with ~30 base dex at a very high level, but 68 at lvl 6x is just too high to be reasonable.
    3. Your character won't go to waste! When you create a new character, it will get a skill from your other one (just don't delete your spearman). For every 10 levels you get, the other character on the account gets +1 attack, 1 avoid, and 1 accuracy. So, if you start a new character, you'll get +6 to all right off the bat.

Spoiler!

I didn't understand the 3rd reason.
    And, I'm a quest guy, and i've done so many with this spearman, which took me lots of hours..what do you say?
    Also I have like 1500 points at the dojo pq, and recived a lots of stuff for doing pq's..
    My point is that i invested in that char,which is hard for me to open a new one !

Quote Originally Posted by CusAmmo View Post
    I didn't understand the 3rd reason.
    And, I'm a quest guy, and i've done so many with this spearman, which took me lots of hours..what do you say?
    Also I have like 1500 points at the dojo pq, and recived a lots of stuff for doing pq's..
    My point is that i invested in that char,which is hard for me to open a new one !
    Big bang reset all quest's, you'd have to do them again anyway. You can potentially make another spearman, or another character alltogether, For having a level 60 character you give a bonus to any and all new characters you make. It gives 6 weapon attack. Which is very good. It's highly highly highly reccomended you do this. As your character will fall behind others later on.

So as long as my old spearman existent the new spearman will automatically get this bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by CusAmmo View Post
    So as long as my old spearman existent the new spearman will automatically get this bonus?
    Yes. it will, and your old spearman will get a bonus from your new spearman, it works both ways.

And what about those 1500 points in the dojo pq?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

1500 isn't a whole lot of points.

Spoiler!

I also suggest resetting. Unless you have some item that is now unobtainable that you would like to keep; in which case I would keep the spearman and live with the 68 base dex.
    Then again, that's just me. I treasure the fragments of those fun times I had with old friends in maple.