Thread: Can I have a Swordman build after BB?

Default Can I have a Swordman build after BB?

Build Guide.
    Thanks!

Max Slashblast <- Allows you to mob monsters, thus train faster
    Max Powerstrike <- 1v1 skill
    11 Iron Body <- Reduces damage, saving pots. Not like pots need to be saved, but still...
    Max HP Increase <- It's doesn't matter when you max this; you will end up with the same HP anyway. So do it last, you have more than enough HP

Generally in that order. HP increase is always last, but the first 3 can be chopped and shuffled according to preference. Just make sure Iron Body doesn't go past 11 unless you're both confident and desperate enough to take out of Slash Blast.

Ok thanks a lot :)

I feel like an idiot even admitting this, but I always give HP the lowest priority, as a Suck-to-Death-Ratio booster, and max* Iron Body. At 20 it does more defense than your Timeless armor, and you get it right away.
    This is, however, on a page/WK so I guess I put more priority on lowering Incoming damage than needing to soak more of it, as spearmen can spend HP on attacking I guess it isn't too bad to do HP.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

HP increase is much more effective than max Iron Body, especially since defense is all but broken except in massive amounts.

Spoiler!

If you wanted to max Iron Body as a Fighter, I'd recommend taking out of Slash Blast and (if you really want to) Power Strike. I don't recommend that though; it's simply not worth it.
    As a Spearman...you'll max Iron Will anyway.
    As a Page, you can leave everything 2 below max level and wait till Combat Orders at level 99 or so. Or you could just not max it, since you'd have so much defence you wouldn't realise, and level 99 is a pretty long time to wait for an extra 20 defence.

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    If you wanted to max Iron Body as a Fighter, I'd recommend taking out of Slash Blast and (if you really want to) Power Strike. I don't recommend that though; it's simply not worth it.
    As a Page, you can leave everything 2 below max level and wait till Combat Orders at level 99 or so. Or you could just not max it, since you'd have so much defence you wouldn't realise, and level 99 is a pretty long time to wait for an extra 20 defence.
    So i should leave SLash Blast and Power strike at 18, so my iron body can go up to like lvl 15? Im just curious, how useful is iron body anyways??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Avatarded View Post
    I feel like an idiot even admitting this, but I always give HP the lowest priority, as a Suck-to-Death-Ratio booster, and max* Iron Body. At 20 it does more defense than your Timeless armor, and you get it right away.
    This is, however, on a page/WK so I guess I put more priority on lowering Incoming damage than needing to soak more of it, as spearmen can spend HP on attacking I guess it isn't too bad to do HP.

This doesn't need a warrant to be replied. An idiotic post from an idiot should not be followed

Max Slashblast <- Allows you to mob monsters, thus train faster
    Max Powerstrike <- 1v1 skill
    11 Iron Body <- Reduces damage, saving pots. Not like pots need to be saved, but still...
    Max HP Increase <- It's doesn't matter when you max this; you will end up with the same HP anyway. So do it last, you have more than enough HP

Generally in that order. HP increase is always last, but the first 3 can be chopped and shuffled according to preference. Just make sure Iron Body doesn't go past 11 unless you're both confident and desperate enough to take out of Slash Blast.
    This is what you should be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skepsis View Post
    So i should leave SLash Blast and Power strike at 18, so my iron body can go up to like lvl 15? Im just curious, how useful is iron body anyways??
    It depends on what you plan to be. It might also be very useful to tell us what you plan to be.

Let's see. I'll assume you're not a page first.

If you're not a page, then leave Iron Body at 11. An extra 40 defence means nothing when you're taking damage in the hundreds.

If you are a page, you can either:
    1) Leave it at level 11. You miss out on 270 defence by level 100.
    2) Take 2 points out every other first job skill and put it into Iron Body. Max HP Increase during second job, max Powerguard and put your last point into Iron Body.

In short, Iron Body is only useful if you're a page. Even then, it's only barely useful.

It depends on what you plan to be. It might also be very useful to tell us what you plan to be.

Let's see. I'll assume you're not a page first.

If you're not a page, then leave Iron Body at 11. An extra 40 defence means nothing when you're taking damage in the hundreds.

If you are a page, you can either:
    1) Leave it at level 11. You miss out on 270 defence by level 100.
    2) Take 2 points out every other first job skill and put it into Iron Body. Max HP Increase during second job, max Powerguard and put your last point into Iron Body.

In short, Iron Body is only useful if you're a page. Even then, it's only barely useful.
    Im a Page xD, and thanks, i've got my skill build on the way!