Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy

Nintendo needs to stop reusing the same characters.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Nintendo needs to stop reusing the same characters.
    DID YOU JUST SAY NINTENDO? WHAT THE #$&#&#&!!?!!!!! *Fanrage*

anyway, just curious, i thought Square already fired off all the XIV staff for the sucky game? Apparently 14 was the 'last' if you dont count agito and versus xiii.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlade View Post
    DID YOU JUST SAY NINTENDO? WHAT THE #$&#&#&!!?!!!!! *Fanrage*

anyway, just curious, i thought Square already fired off all the XIV staff for the sucky game? Apparently 14 was the 'last' if you dont count agito and versus xiii.
    There are at least 3 teams that go into final fantasy, Ivalice Alliance, The 13 team, And I'm pretty sure theres a 3rd one that works on all rereleases and sequels of older games. They still have some steam. Final Fantasy 4, The After Years has shown this.

ff iv after years sounds good, but not worth it to go buy again and redo.
    as for ivalice alliance, that was excellent with all the tactics games. and FFXII was wonderfully nice a change. decent voice acting too. 13 was overrated imo, 14 is, y'know. 13 versus and agito look worth waiting for. we dont have the full story yet, of course.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by Masked King View Post
    Like leo said, mario is pretty much sprititually dying too.
    stop bsing bro

there's too much repetition of characters in each game. same old hero with spiky hair, same old damsel in distress, same this same that...
    they need some variety.
    storylines are also way too similar for its own good.

and if they're going to make an MMORPG out of it, at least improve the battlesystem to realtime instead of semi-realtime/semi-turnbased. It's fking awful, from what I've seen in the videos.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

The difficulty curve in final fantasy has been decreasing since the first games.

Honestly it ended at 10 for me. I liked the sphere grid system and the monster arena alot. Even though Tidus is a little ***** it didn't bother me nearly as much as the sad excuse for a main character in 13.

12 was pretty good, but I don't own it and never finished so I can't say much about it.

13 is when it started to make me mad, and when I knew the FF series was done with. The game consists of spamming x for an entire fight, save the moments that you paradigm shift. You have to go out of your way to play strategically and select skills by hand, and in a realtime fight that's just not going to happen.

I don't mind the repetetive character style, because they always did a good job of changing the game environment around them.

Needless to say they need to bring back turn based or just stop trying.
    Mudkip 66 Lann

Yes, the Final Fantasy franchise is dying as it is and I simply want Squenix to end it now and focus more on Dragon Quest series as it deserves the attention it needs.

Let me count the ways why the franchise continues to suck.

1. The story is hard to follow.

7 is okay, 8 is wth, 9 is alright, 10 and 10-2 is more crap, 12 is okay, 13? Oh dear lord, the storytelling is absolutely horrible. To any people who gave a near perfect scores, you haven't seen the big picture.

2. TOO MUCH CUTSCENES

I swear Square Enix is primarily on cutscenes. I mean, they are really fixated on cutscenes. It's like they are trying to make up for that horrible CGI movie The Spirits Within. They might as well move the franchise into movies.

3. Characters that I can't even relate to.

Final Fantasy XIII pretty much broke it here.

The only last good Final Fantasy game was VI and I consider it the best Final Fantasy game out of all of them. But geez, almost the entire JRPG is either becoming a bashfest because Final Fantasy is the driving force or they are becoming less serious.
    I'm Retired.

a dumbass baby

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlade View Post
    ff iv after years sounds good, but not worth it to go buy again and redo.
    as for ivalice alliance, that was excellent with all the tactics games. and FFXII was wonderfully nice a change. decent voice acting too. 13 was overrated imo, 14 is, y'know. 13 versus and agito look worth waiting for. we dont have the full story yet, of course.
    I love the Ivalice Alliance. I was also VERY surprised when Final Fantasy Tactics: WotL was a part of it, you know.. being retranslated and all.

Anyway, yeah I'd like to see the Dragon Quest series blow up and become incredibly popular. I remember watching my dad play the first one on our old NES and it was really cool.

8 and 9 are really underrated in my opinion.

7 is a great game but gets too much attention. Mostly because of the popularity of the music, and the extra hype that Advent Children caused. I mean it was a visually stunning movie, but the story was bleh and it was like one big fat cutscene.

I forgot to mention tactics. I LOVE ff tactics and tactics A2. The job system is awesome.
    Mudkip 66 Lann