Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eternal FROSTBITE.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Meh. Most of it is user comments. You gotta write more chapters.

I update when i feel like it. I don't force out a half-assed piece of **** and plonk it down with a label "chapter 5264" or whatever. No point for me to write if i don't feel like it and the words i end up using be inadequate.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlade View Post
    I update when i feel like it. I don't force out a half-assed piece of **** and plonk it down with a label "chapter 5264" or whatever. No point for me to write if i don't feel like it and the words i end up using be inadequate.
    Reason I haven't updated my fic right here. Bulma's chapters are too short.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Too short? Really? I got the feeling they were too long.

I make the chapters run on (even off topic a bit) until a perspective ends or a scene changes. The only thing that would make it longer is filler, and I had plenty of that during the opening bits.

Nah, what I was complaining about wasn't so much the number of chapters as the fact that it's like two pages between the first part and the next chapter. A writer doesn't depend on praise or criticism of readers to motivate them on the story. They just churn it out whether or not it's loved (though they do take criticism, that being the difference between good and bad writers), because its creator loves it. You must compete with me for getting your story finished.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Too short? Really? I got the feeling they were too long.

I make the chapters run on (even off topic a bit) until a perspective ends or a scene changes. The only thing that would make it longer is filler, and I had plenty of that during the opening bits.

Nah, what I was complaining about wasn't so much the number of chapters as the fact that it's like two pages between the first part and the next chapter. A writer doesn't depend on praise or criticism of readers to motivate them on the story. They just churn it out whether or not it's loved (though they do take criticism, that being the difference between good and bad writers), because its creator loves it. You must compete with me for getting your story finished.
    First things first. Bulma. I have never cared about your story ever since i read the first chapter.
    Secondly, why does anyone have to compete with you? For instance, I write this for my own enjoyment and to merely share. And if you have your own opinion of what a story is, mine is that a story is something that can talk to someone through words, and not portray how the writer is churning out rubbish for the sake of writing some kind of document that is NOT a story. And what link is there about what makes a writer good or not to this? Chapter length doesn't matter most of thetime compared to the quality of the chapter, like i said, i don't churn out bull**** from my ass and plonk them down, calling it a story. Thirdly, you're not a real writer. Dont try to tell me what makes a writer until you've gotten a book that sells, thanks.
    Last edited by RavenBlade; 18th July 2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Holiday goals : Reach level 70 on my Dual Blader l Work on Compression and Destiny Defied l Find what i've always been looking for. l Open a new door and start anew. l Break HIM. l
    Complete - Green.
    Working on it - Purple.
    Hiatus - Red.

Hatred of you is what drives me, and i'll take solace in breaking your mind. I swear i will to whatever gods there may be, even if it's the last thing i do.

A Crusader's Guide.
    Story : Destiny Defied.
    Idea Compilation : Compression.