I like this thread.

+1

Go outside

And look in the sky

It's a care plane

A one-way trip to care island
    Mudkip 66 Lann

In my defense...

I have never banned you from the forums. Your "Banned" user title was either from your own doing, or from a ban that was not instated by me. However, I fully support the mod/admin that carried out the penalties, and I will continue to support them. For example, in one banned case, I wasn't there to see the initial cause of the ban, but I was there to see the effects of then, i.e. you creating multiple accounts.

I banned you from the chatbox, and that was after verbally warning you. About your most recent chatbox ban, we have language filters in place, and if you feel like it's okay to circumvent the language filters by swearing n the chatbox, then you are sadly mistaken. If you are worried about favoritism, then know this. I have also verbally warned others, and have given out infractions/warnings/chatbox bans/forum bans to those who violate the rules. If you are concerned about giving some people a hard time, then know that I still talk regularly to some of the same people I have verbally warned and/or given an infraction/warning.

Bottom line: you break the ToS, then it is fair game for penalties, and whether or not you receive those penalties is up to the discretion of the mod/admin and the context as well as the background information surrounding the violation.

I have to say some of this I agree with, A few of the names on there I do happen to like, but I do see your angle and why you would think what you do.

:|

Banned

You know after some thought after reading this, all I can say is that I do pity Poisonous for not moving on with his own grudges and from the past of whatever happened in the forums. I feel any animosity against him, especially the fact that "No one would care if I died," comment. It just shows that Poisonous like some of us has his own problems that chooses to blame others for the reasons.

I really do sympathize with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkner View Post
    You know after some thought after reading this, all I can say is that I do pity Poisonous for not moving on with his own grudges and from the past of whatever happened in the forums. I feel any animosity against him, especially the fact that "No one would care if I died," comment. It just shows that Poisonous like some of us has his own problems that chooses to blame others for the reasons.

I really do sympathize with him.
    And you hate me because of THINGS IN THE PAST. Stop being a hypocrite, idiot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    And you hate me because of THINGS IN THE PAST. Stop being a hypocrite, idiot.
    Wyatt, may I add that we all do this at some point, regardless it may be real life or the Internet?? Hell, there are times when I feel like blaming someone else. But look at the results. I almost got myself killed, got myself permabanned, and you know what? I'm still here.

And no offense Wyatt, you still have a long way to go before you realize what's going on with yourself and others. Sometimes having better insight goes for miles

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Not surprised this came from Poisonous.
    It is true we all propagate a delusional circlejerk attitude on this forum.
    No offense, but I agree. Sometimes I am so damn tired of the non sequitur comments and altogether "herp kitty derp ur eyes omg petrdukn wow tesi lool jon omg" style of posts that I've actually avoided places such as facebook so I wouldn't have to be reminded of the constant forced illiteracy and buffoonery that goes on here.
    This includes community-based memes such as "hipsters, Clockwork's eyes, kitty go away, peterdoken, picture pyramids, etc"
    I myself propagated the whole "back in 'nam" to make a comment on how repetitive and templative all these inside jokes are.
    It was actually a nice change to see a4a back with "gtfo poisonous"--it reminded me of times when inside jokes were new and not used often.

But now, it just seems the type of forced humor perpetuated in Tomato Island has grown stale on me.
    I will not deny it, I am not above the occasional non sequitur comment from some obscure blog or song lyric.
    However, I must agree with Poisonous on many of his points (if he is indeed a he, Poisonous has made sure to keep any details about his actual person nebulous).
    Many of the persisting forms of humor here are just a mask for past misdeeds and serious character flaws.

But hey, Poisonous was just banned to expose all this, so I suppose it's all in stride.
    We can all go back to being "hipsterz lol u jelle OMG SO RNDUM ecks dee dee dee dee" or whatever it was we were all doing before this.
    We all know no one will act upon this fresh smelling salt--our little community-driven stupor is a habit I see will take a considerable amount of fire to kick.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

Poisonous ninja sets his user title as "Banned," even though he should not be able to. As far as I know, he has never been banned from the forums - just the chat box (by F50) when he spammed.

There's nothing wrong with this forum or its members. We're not even close to circlejerk levels, the insider memes are awesome and to be expected from a closely knit community. We're all getting to know each other more than we usually would on a larger scale forum (like how it used to be), and I think it's amazing. I enjoy the community more than I did years ago. HS is just more drama driven than it has been in the past, and Poiso loves this place so much, that he goes out of his way to create it. Awwww. e:typoz
    Last edited by turles; 26th January 2011 at 05:53 AM.