Thread: Battlemage Skill thing.

Default Battlemage Skill thing.

Okay I'm bashing my head against my keyboard here.
    Can someone please explain to me why I should put more than 10 points into Blue Aura?
    Advanced Blue Aura looks pretty damn useless, since you should pretty much always have Yellow or Dark Aura on at all times.
    Someone made the point that it lowers damage taken, but Battlemages have a ****ton of HP anyway, and pretty much every single boss's damage got lowered significantly.
    I'd MUCH rather max Blood Drain.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Advanced Blue:

Level 20: Active Effects - MP Cost: 62, absorbs 10% of the distributed damage, Defense: +60%. Passive Effects - Abnormal Status Resistance: +20%, Elemenatal Resistance: +20%

Blood Drain:
    Level 20: MP Cost: 66, Duration: 120 sec, recovers HP equivalent to 5% of the damage you do

You can have that, or you can have a semi useful drain that is sort of irrelevant for a long time because potion mastery is absolutely amazing. That and Drain lasts as long as level 12 booster.
    Last edited by White Mage Abyss; 26th January 2011 at 02:59 AM.

The passive effects are practically unnoticeable. BoxxyMail gets the same passive and I still get stunned/dispelled all the bloody time, and I don't notice a 20% reduction in damage from most bosses.
    In short, the only reason why it's good is the "defense+60%" buff, but that's not exactly -60% damage is it? And even if it was, I'd still rather do like +20% damage or have +1/2 Attack Speed.
    Also if I get 10 Blue Aura (for that other skill in 3rd job), I'd be able to put the rest of my points into Drain/Booster. Booster lasts like 90s which is stupid as hell, but its' better than lasting 60s at level 10.
    I don't even get why Battlemage Booster is so short, it's really damn annoying.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    The passive effects are practically unnoticeable. BoxxyMail gets the same passive and I still get stunned/dispelled all the bloody time, and I don't notice a 20% reduction in damage from most bosses.
    In short, the only reason why it's good is the "defense+60%" buff, but that's not exactly -60% damage is it? And even if it was, I'd still rather do like +20% damage or have +1/2 Attack Speed.
    Also if I get 10 Blue Aura (for that other skill in 3rd job), I'd be able to put the rest of my points into Drain/Booster. Booster lasts like 90s which is stupid as hell, but its' better than lasting 60s at level 10.
    I don't even get why Battlemage Booster is so short, it's really damn annoying.
    It's not just defense + 60% It's also the damage absorb from the previous buff combined, as far as I know. Booster only lasts 90 seconds because yellow aura lasts as long as it is on. Blue Aura itself is useless, but the passive effects from it aren't too bad. It's personal preference on what you want, A semi useless passive or a buff you have to activate every two minutes.

o god
    you can't advance to 4th job unless you get maxed blue aura.
    thread closed.

bolt202/veil225/feint200