Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking Ahead

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

The 4th job advancement is pretty straightforward. You'll start by going to El Nath and talking to your 3rd job instructor. He has you go to leafre and talk to the 4th job instructor. You're then required to collect the drops of Mannon and Griffey (you guys can do this together), or pay 10mil for a secret spell scroll (ludi tower scroll seller). Turn that in, and you're 4th job!

All skills that once required quests (except hero's will) are automatic now. I believe the only skill you have to find is Advanced Combo, and that comes from an untradeable Zakum drop. You can most likely find it in the FM (generally people will sell them for 40m or scissors of karma (3k nx) +~10m.) To unlock skills beyond lvl 10 and 20, you must pass mastery books. To unlock beyond 10, you use a book that has a 70% success rate, and to unlock beyond 20, it will be a 50% success rate. You can hunt for or purchase these, but this will be a very frustrating experience to get all skills passed on two characters.

As for skills, the 120 seems good. Intrepid Slash beats Brandish at lvl 6, so I think that would be more effective early on than Combo. Also, the more hits, the faster Combo will build. I'd do max IS then AC. Considering you are both heros, Zakum Arm runs will probably be a daily routine for you guys. You'll both want stance for this. Stance is my absolute favorite warrior skill EVER! It's hard to explain just how amazing it is to not be knocked around, especially at places like Zakum arms where you have to stand on tiny platforms. Also, bosses have an annoyingly high defense now, so the 10 points into Mastery will be very well used. Enrage is also nice, but seems to be more ideal for bossing. I'd put this in mid 4th (after the previous skills) just because it wouldn't be a necessity when doing normal training. If you do want to have this upgraded first, it won't be a bad thing, but it's just not what I'd personally go for.

A thing to note about Maple Warrior. MW20 used to be around 20m when people hacked horntail constantly. Over the next few years, it rose to nearly 200m, but with Big Bang, it seems to have settled back down to reasonable prices (anything <50m is reasonable for most "good" skillbooks). You can do MW20 pretty easily now, but you will not have MW30 passed this early. You will definitely not have it passed on both characters. MW30 is the most expensive skillbook in the game (coming in anywhere from 400m-1bil), and only works 50% of the time. It only drops from two monsters: Pink Bean (common PB drop) and Horntail (VERY rare HT drop). Just assume that you wont be passing this until very late. Don't even save points for it unless it drops in price, you're a very high level (175+), or you're pretty rich.

Spoiler!

Beginner

Jeepers I can't imagine paying that much for a 50% chance at something O_O Though if all goes according to plan I'll max Maple Warrior right before Achilles (deal last because I don't mind potting so much...).

Alrighty, the revised build (flip flops and whatnot):
    +1 Rush, +1 Magnet, +1 Adv. Combo
    Max Intrepid Slash
    Max Adv. Combo
    Max Power Stance
    Max Combat Mastery
    Max Enrage
    Max Maple Warrior
    Achilles/Hero's Will

I also cooked up two more equip questions: If I were to equip a Stonetooth for endgame, Could I pump on the DEX equips, throw the Stonetooth on, then swap the DEX equips (DEX below 120) for STR equips without the Stonetooth unequipping itself? If not I guess I should look for DEX equip with STR lining?

Also, for the endgame helmet: Should I go for a 3-lined Scarlion or CZak? I've seen CZak's giving lower stats but with 10% HP/MP, though I'm not sure if I need that as a warrior. Can 18x Heroes take a shot from Pink Bean?

Thanks again!

Seii

CZak and Scarlion will give the same potential stats, but Czaks are slightly better clean. Just get whatever 3 line one you can. An 18x hero can easily take a PB hit.

There are ways to "glitch" equip items, but it's a bit more complicated, and usually can't be done by warriors. The item you're equipping has to give dex. So, example (and hypothetical) scenario:

You have 20 base dex. You want to equip a sword that needs 30 total dex. You have a +10 str helmet and a +10 dex helmet. The sword also gives +10 dex. You can equip the dex helmet, and will have enough for the dex sword. This puts your total dex at 40. Now is where the glitch comes in. You swap the dex helmet for the str helmet, and the sword will "equip itself".

Generally the glitch won't work with weapons, since weapons rarely have secondary stats. However, let's look at the items you will have for "end game".

Horntail Pendant (+22)
    Helmet 100%ed (let's say scarlion, so 28) *Helmets can't be scrolled for str unless chaosed*
    Belt (+5) *Black belt*
    Base Dex 4
    Resistance Ring (+3)
    17 Day RIng (+7)
    Zombie Rings x2 (+2)
    Medal (+2)
    Glasses (+1)
    Dex from a clean top *top scrolls for str, not dex* (+3)
    Dex from a realistic scrolled bottom *bottom scrolls for dex, not str* (+15)
    Dex from realistically scrolled shoes (+7)
    Dex from 80+ warrior gloves (+2)

This comes to 101 not sacrificed str. If you wanted to, you could also scroll your earrings for dex instead of str (str accessory scrolls are pretty rare and expensive). Your base dex can go as high as 23 while still having max base str by 200. It won't be too difficult to reach the dex req for a ST, and it will be incredibly easy to reach it for a Night Raven Wing (the other "fast" attack 2h sword)

Spoiler!

a dumbass baby

This thread basically answered all my questions.

Thx brahskis.

Just to point something out. Mathematically, maxing out ACA first increases damage much more than maxing out IS first (by about 100%, from memory). I think maxing out ACA and Enrage before IS still out-damages an IS first build.

From Mancartia on Basil Market:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mancartia
    Level 30 ACA + Level 10 IS = 340% * 3 (1020%)
    Level 10 ACA + Level 30 IS = 298.2% * 3 (895%)

Level 30 ACA + Level 10 Enrage + Brandish = 576% * 2 (1152%) -> beats 1020% above

Level 30 ACA + Level 30 Enrage + Level 10 CM = 537.6% * 2 = 1075.2% @ 50% PDR
    For reference (with my limited Sader knowledge), Max ACA = *2 multplier (or +100% of % damage done). Level 10 ACA...does that happen to be a total of 7 orbs? Because that's what I'm getting (damn skill descriptions).
    Also note that Enrage and Combat Mastery are only if you choose to mainly go bossing.

One a side note, I'd like to ask you to do something. Can you (somehow) find a White Knight with max Combat Orders (at about level 100 WK's should have maxed CO)? Ask them to use it on you, then take a screenshot of your third job skills. I need to verify whether CO brings Sader skills up past maxed level or not. I'd like to do it myself, but training my fighter all the way to 76 is going to take a while. I know no other Saders or Heros, so yeah...

That's for straight-up DPS, but not for overall training. I do think you're right that ACA first will produce higher damage. I'd still do ACA+IS before Enrage for stability in general training.

Spoiler!

Beginner

@Tesi: Alrighty, and we do each have 20 base DEX so it looks like hitting the Stonetooth goal won't be too bad after all! I see how the glitch works, but just for verification: Does that mean that getting my DEX to 105 and finding someone with Maxed Maple Warrior wouldn't work either? The DEX must always be at the appropriate level when all is said and done?

@Dip: Thanks for that math reference, looks like I'll just flip Intrepid Slash and Adv. Combo for the final build. I also think I'll do a mix of Mastery and Stance at the same time since Mastery only has 10 levels. I'll work on finding the WK, I think it'll be easier when I hit a level appropriate for a Zakum party (currently 96, should hit 100 by the close of tomorrow). I also look forward to Zakum so I can finally ditch the Andras Hat xD

For a more off-topic question (Because I can't decipher any blog that Google pulls up): When does Lionheart Castle hit GMS? And what level would be appropriate for party training there? It looks like it's going to be hilariously fun training, especially with a maxed Intrepid Slash/Adv. Combo/Mastery and +1 Rush/Magnet set-up!

Maple Warrior only affects base DEX. Just to point that out.

Lionheart Castle hits in northern hemisphere Spring. Party training there would be based more on the people you know and your damage output rather than level, I believe.

Also, the last two options in my quote were for bossing only; Enrage doesn't help during training. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Beginner

Alrighty, thanks for that :)

So I just hit level 102 during the 2x (Only played for one round of it) and I think I'm getting to the point where starting to upgrade equipment would be nice. My damage range is pathetically low at the moment (2043 ~ 2919) on 20 base DEX, and my current equips are as follows:

Andras Hat
    Dark Commodore (5 STR / 2 DEX) [clean]
    Mithril Platine Pants (2 STR) [clean]
    Emerald War Greave (2 STR / 3 DEX) [clean]
    Blue Magic Cape (2 lined: 2% INT / 30 Magic DEF) [clean]
    Gold Drop Earrings (2 lined: +8 INT / +4 INT) [clean]
    Work Gloves (2 attack) [1 slot left] They were free, bite me :p
    Evolving Ring Lvl 8 (+1 all / 1 W. ATT) [clean]
    Devil's Sunrise (98 ATT) [clean]
    And the Veteran Adventurer Medal
    I had a White Belt, but it exploded on a 70% str scroll xD

So where should I start?

I'm currently poor: 18.5 mil mesos, though I have junk to sell:
    60% Chaos
    Big Bang 30
    Cape LUK 60%
    Cape STR 10%
    Equip Enhancement Scroll

I'm currently hunting Headless and Bigfoot to finally get the Dep. Star, and I will probably sell it as my buddies can get me a Mark of Naricain for 10 mil.

All help appreciated!

Seii

PS: Macrisimus (the bro) is finally back from honor band (he's lvl 93 currently) and I'll probably bug you guys for help with him too. Though I know he spent a lot of time merchanting, and last I checked he had upwards of 150 million mesos worth of scrolls and equipment.

Just a question. Where do you train? If it happens to be MP3 or Ghost Ship, I suggest you leave now and grind on things that drop warrior equips and/or level 75+ earrings and/or capes. Gaining 3% of any stat on earrings nets you at least 15 mil, which you should probably sell even if it were strength. The money gained can be put to better use than just earrings.
    Alternatively, you could just start merchanting as well. Though, that's not always an option; some people just can't stand merchanting.

First, I would start by selling the earrings and the cape. You have no use for INT, and you could get some money for that. Besides, if you took off those two items nothing would happen to your damage range. Next, you'd want to upgrade your weapon. It's the largest source of weapon attack you'll have, so it has priority over other items. Don't blow all your money on it though; you'll need reserves to fall back on in case something might happen. Everything else will have to wait; you simply don't have enough money to spend.

You may also want to consider speed equips if you find training slow. Mounts tend to cancel out Power Guard, so speed equips are more useful than the mount during training.