Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elemental Warrior (Paladin)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    I know that it's still incomplete, but...

Why does Slash Blast beat Ground Smash? Most mobs are found in groups of 3, and the horizontal and vertical range of Ground Smash is amazing. If Ground Smash is so useless, why touch it at all? Why not just max all other important skills and leave it completely untouched?

Convince me. Prove to me why your build is effective, compared to the conventional build. Why are Combat Orders and Lightning charge, both of which are buffs, maxed before Charged Blow, an attacking skill? Why is HP Increase maxed first? Since when were Jesters fire weak, in fact, weak to anything but heal? Show me that you know what you're talking about.
    Charge blow loses its charge once used. Advanced charge blow remedies this by removing the chance to remove the charge.

Also, ground smash isn't useless in some cases. It has more range than slash blast

Quote Originally Posted by Falkner View Post
    Charge blow loses its charge once used. Advanced charge blow remedies this by removing the chance to remove the charge.

Also, ground smash isn't useless in some cases. It has more range than slash blast
    Charge Blow does not lose its charge once used. That was one of the things that Big Bang changed. ACB now increases the number of monsters hit (to 7) and increases mastery (by 24%), whereas Charged Blow hits only 4 monsters.

And I'm asking the guide writer why he/she thinks Ground Smash is useless in comparison to Slash Blast (besides the fact that Slash Blast hits 6 monsters, which doesn't prove much anyway).

Charge Blow does not lose its charge once used. That was one of the things that Big Bang changed. ACB now increases the number of monsters hit (to 7) and increases mastery (by 24%), whereas Charged Blow hits only 4 monsters.

And I'm asking the guide writer why he/she thinks Ground Smash is useless in comparison to Slash Blast (besides the fact that Slash Blast hits 6 monsters, which doesn't prove much anyway).
    I do believe you answered yourself when you asked why the writer, me, thought Ground Smash was useless. Everyone's entitled to think differently though. I also gave a clear explanation of why Lightning Charge came before Charged Blow under the SP Build for White Knights. Sorry if I made the mistake of Jesters being weak to fire.

EDIT: I'm going to remove the training areas since it seems to be creating a lot of controversy from my misleading assumptions.
    Last edited by ShotMyToe; 3rd February 2011 at 05:28 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShotMyToe View Post
    I do believe you answered yourself when you asked why the writer, me, thought Ground Smash was useless. Everyone's entitled to think differently though. I also gave a clear explanation of why Lightning Charge came before Charged Blow under the SP Build for White Knights. Sorry if I made the mistake of Jesters being weak to fire.

EDIT: I'm going to remove the training areas since it seems to be creating a lot of controversy from my misleading assumptions.
    It's not a controversy, it just needs a more indepth detail of why it's good and the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotMyToe View Post

To be honest, I only had a problem with Jesters being Fire Weak and a lack of variety in the training areas (which could be fixed given time).

But:
    - I answered myself because I don't understand your reasoning for Ground Smash and Slash Blast. So what if Slash Blast hits more monsters? Is Slash Blast also better than Charged Blow because it hits two more monsters? If Ground Smash is so useless then why would you add to it at all? Keep it as it is in your guide if you want; I understand that you think differently, I just want a deeper explanation of it.

- While maxing Lightning Charge before Charged Blow is questionable, maxing CO before CB is even more questionable. With max CO, Slash Blast becomes 250% to 6, Power Strike 380% to 1 and Ground Smash 300% to 3. All other buffed skills are relatively insignificant (can you tell the difference if your Final Attack activated 4% less?). Level 25 CB does 340% damage to 4 monsters and stuns for 6 seconds, making it better than max Ground Smash in all possible areas except MP cost and range. Dual Charging is still possible if you've maxed Charged Blow after Fire Charge; it's only about another 3 levels of waiting, which is very little.

Like I said, keep your guide the same if you want. I just want to hear more your explanations and how you came to the conclusions you did.

Let's just say I edited the explanation for the second job part yesterday.

- Your AP build needs to be more explicit, and also changed. It is a misconception that accuracy plays no part at all; accuracy is needed at higher levels (about 225 from memory. I'll find the formula sometime).
    here's the formula:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Btw, new guide to capping dex:
    4 base

Dex gave accuracy. Accuracy is now determined by level. Dex is useless

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

The necessary accuracy is so low that you shouldn't even have to try to get the required boosts. Without any real accuracy equips, I had 370 total on my DK at lvl 102 (and he had 4 base dex). Accuracy boosts from standard items (helmets, bottoms, shoes, BoF, Mastery, belts, rings, etc) add up more than enough to hit almost all training mobs at your level.

The only issue is the glitched Malaysia mobs, but no amount of extra accuracy will be necessary for those.
    If it gets to the point that you need more accuracy to boss, you probably don't have the gear to be bossing anyway.

The MOST base dex any warrior should have is 23, and that's just because it allows for max base str (999). Any warrior starting out should have 4 base dex.

Spoiler!

does some1 know the pros and cons of the weapon a WK can use? (1h vs 2h blunt vs sword)
    Last edited by Gusminator; 7th February 2011 at 08:14 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gusminator View Post
    does some1 know the pros and cons of the weapon a WK can use? (1h vs 2h blunt vs sword)
    There is no pros and cons, unless you're talking about weapon speed.