Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elemental Warrior (Paladin)

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gusminator View Post
    does some1 know the pros and cons of the weapon a WK can use? (1h vs 2h blunt vs sword)
    Swords and BWs now have the same formula. Slash/stab doesn't matter either.
    There aren't even separate masteries/skills.

Just judge it on a weapon to weapon basis.

However, 2h weapons are much stronger than 1h. Even if they have the same w/att, the damage on the 2h will be better since they use different formulas.

Spoiler!

here's the formula:
    Just because you've reminded me, I went out of my way to find the formula.

Assuming you are at the monster's level, your percentage hit rate is 100 - (sqrt(mobavoid)-sqrt(playeraccuracy))
    This hit rate cannot exceed 100%, and a negative value indicates a 0% hit rate.
    For every level you are under the monster's level, subtract 5% from the above calculated hit rate.

Therfore, if you wanted to 100% hit Oblivion Guardian (http://global.hidden-street.net/sear...ion%20Guardian), you would need 225 accuracy and be level 164. Which would require some form of extra accuracy/dex (although, it doesn't mean accuracy is hard to come by). That's the highest amount of accuracy needed unless you plan on fighting Pink Bean, which requires 625 accuracy.

does some1 know the pros and cons of the weapon a WK can use? (1h vs 2h blunt vs sword)
    Swords are more readily available, and tend to have a faster speed than Blunt Weapons (Fast 5 as opposed to Normal 6). Swords are also more readily available, with well scrolled swords much much easier to find. But, they tend to be more expensive.
    Blunt weapons are cheaper, slower, and easier to mass scroll. However, that does not mean that they are cheaper in general. Unless you are seriously lucky, it would probably cost more to scroll a BW powerful enough to out-damage it's sword counterpart than to just buy the sword in the first place.

1h weapons allow an extra theoretical 3 lines of potential, and can (with enough funding) out-damage a 2h weapon over time. However, the cost of using such a powerful 1h sword and shield is not recommended as a WK until you get Shield Mastery and/or Divine Shield. Thus, it's much more efficient to just use a 2h weapon until about level 100, when most WK's tend to start putting points into Shield Mastery. Damage wise, you would be weaker, but the shield (even with only 3% str) will allow you to take advantage of early tanking abilites, which is the whole point of Shield Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    Just because you've reminded me, I went out of my way to find the formula.

Assuming you are at the monster's level, your percentage hit rate is 100 - (sqrt(mobavoid)-sqrt(playeraccuracy))
    This hit rate cannot exceed 100%, and a negative value indicates a 0% hit rate.
    For every level you are under the monster's level, subtract 5% from the above calculated hit rate.

Therfore, if you wanted to 100% hit Oblivion Guardian (http://global.hidden-street.net/sear...ion%20Guardian), you would need 225 accuracy and be level 164. Which would require some form of extra accuracy/dex (although, it doesn't mean accuracy is hard to come by). That's the highest amount of accuracy needed unless you plan on fighting Pink Bean, which requires 625 accuracy.

Swords are more readily available, and tend to have a faster speed than Blunt Weapons (Fast 5 as opposed to Normal 6). Swords are also more readily available, with well scrolled swords much much easier to find. But, they tend to be more expensive.
    Blunt weapons are cheaper, slower, and easier to mass scroll. However, that does not mean that they are cheaper in general. Unless you are seriously lucky, it would probably cost more to scroll a BW powerful enough to out-damage it's sword counterpart than to just buy the sword in the first place.

1h weapons allow an extra theoretical 3 lines of potential, and can (with enough funding) out-damage a 2h weapon over time. However, the cost of using such a powerful 1h sword and shield is not recommended as a WK until you get Shield Mastery and/or Divine Shield. Thus, it's much more efficient to just use a 2h weapon until about level 100, when most WK's tend to start putting points into Shield Mastery. Damage wise, you would be weaker, but the shield (even with only 3% str) will allow you to take advantage of early tanking abilites, which is the whole point of Shield Mastery.
    Shield also allows you to use Guardian, which is pretty helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotMyToe View Post
    That's true, but people tend to max out to Divine Shield before even considering Guardian. There wouldn't be a point in adding to Divine Shield if you didn't have a shield, and putting Guardian before Divine Shield is slightly...useless...

Just because Divine Shield has the world "shield" in the skill name doesn't mean it requires a shield, which it doesn't.

i cap my dex at 9 (was pure str until i hit auto-assign by accident -_-) and so far i hit all mob on my level
    maybe it doesn't mean anything since i was 28
    but so far i really think that the level is the only element that determine the accuracy
    in my opinion accuracy comme in handy to fight monsters that are higher lvl than you

also for your skill build on 2nd job i would add 6 sp in booster asap since it helps a lot in training
    Last edited by Gusminator; 9th February 2011 at 10:38 AM.

Just because Divine Shield has the world "shield" in the skill name doesn't mean it requires a shield, which it doesn't.
    Forgot about that. My bad.

i cap my dex at 9 (was pure str until i hit auto-assign by accident -_-) and so far i hit all mob on my level
    maybe it doesn't mean anything since i was 28
    but so far i really think that the level is the only element that determine the accuracy
    in my opinion accuracy comme in handy to fight monsters that are higher lvl than you

also for your skill build on 2nd job i would add 6 sp in booster asap since it helps a lot in training
    Yeah. Accuracy comes in handy when you're about level 165. Don't worry about it now.

Definitely, Charge Blow needs to come before Combat Orders. I have a second WK (already had her because I restarted my WK on another account) and she is 88 with max CO, and even though I'm going to quit her at 90 and leave her as a boss entry/CO mule, I half-regret maxing CO so early. It's not useful because most skills are already at max until 4th job when they can go over the limit, and as mentioned earlier, the skills that do gain % damage from CO, are outshone by CB anyway. CB is way better for training purposes.

Also, I once thought I would prefer Slash Blast to Ground Smash, but after trying it out, Ground Smash's range is hax for 2nd job warriors, and WKs before CB is high enough. The problem for pre-Rush warriors has always been range, so GS takes care of that nicely. I do wish that it hit more than 3, but in places that aren't extremely mobby, that's usually sufficient. I would get GS before Enhanced Basics.

And I thought it went without saying that you get 6 Booster early in 2nd job. I'm a speed hoe, and I admit it. But you spend so much time waiting for skills to cast anyway, so Booster is a must. I get it even when I'm using fast 4 weapons early in 2nd, like the Lionheart and Japanese Map.
    Spoiler!

nop it doesn't guardian works without a shield

What? Since when? I thought it was a shield-required skill.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward