Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elemental Warrior (Paladin)

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gusminator View Post
    nop it doesn't guardian works without a shield
    Unless the description is wrong and my friends are all lying, it needs a shield.

Spoiler!

my bad... i thought it was power guard -_- it does need a shield

I don't see the point of leaving key skills weak early on. There's too many holes in the strategy behind the skill raising and besides certain skills have to be maxed before you can do anything else and even then, you have to use a certain amount of points per job in order to advance to the next one. It's a guide, but it's just not thorough enough really for real usage and Combat Orders shouldn't be relied on as a crutch to your skills maximum potential and abilities.

I'll be sticking to a build a friend suggested to me not too long ago. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteTigerX7 View Post
    I don't see the point of leaving key skills weak early on. There's too many holes in the strategy behind the skill raising and besides certain skills have to be maxed before you can do anything else and even then, you have to use a certain amount of points per job in order to advance to the next one. It's a guide, but it's just not thorough enough really for real usage and Combat Orders shouldn't be relied on as a crutch to your skills maximum potential and abilities.

I hope you realize this is an intensely optimized build. CO improves the efficiency of all your skills incredibly and 2 SP less in a skill hardly affects your training. While maxing all your skill may be useful, in the end I would rather have all my skills maxed with CO than have most of my skills maxed and a bunch of skills at level 3. End-game (hell, just past level 80), leaving all your skills 2 under the maximum skill level (before 4th job, and not including the skills that require to be maxed as prereqs) is the best option.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

All skills points have been used up and those certain skills placed after their respective pre-requisites have been added to. I see nothing wrong there.
    Also, Combat Orders is "relied on as a crutch to your skills maximum potential and abilities". It ends the debate of choosing between Ground Smash or Slash Blast; heck, get both of them. Third job relies on Combat Orders to allow the player to utilise all skills. In fourth job, Combat Orders is the only way to bring out a skill's maximum potential.
    You could also point out the holes in his/her strategy, so that they may be considered and the guide altered.

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    I hope you realize this is an intensely optimized build. CO improves the efficiency of all your skills incredibly and 2 SP less in a skill hardly affects your training. While maxing all your skill may be useful, in the end I would rather have all my skills maxed with CO than have most of my skills maxed and a bunch of skills at level 3. End-game (hell, just past level 80), leaving all your skills 2 under the maximum skill level (before 4th job, and not including the skills that require to be maxed as prereqs) is the best option.
    I also hope you both realise that going by CO and non-CO reliant builds is a personal decision. The mathematics favours the non-CO reliant build; by looking at the numbers you see that you are unnecessarily weakening yourself. However, the practical application of the CO reliant build tells the player that this "weakening" is largely unnoticeable; it does not hinder training in any way.

Besides, how many of those are "key skills"? If you're calling Ground Smash and Enhanced Basics "key skills", you may have to start looking long term.

I don't like his third job build. I'd rather max CB before CO. CB is an incredibly important skill.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    I don't like his third job build. I'd rather max CB before CO. CB is an incredibly important skill.
    It's up to you

I tried Ground Smash for a day before I tossed it out and went back to Slash Blast on my lower level Page with a event skill reset scroll. 3 monsters is nice, but it just doesn't hit well enough for my tastes, plus a skill that's useful only for 1 job set... not my cup of coffee mind you if it'll be here today and gone tomorrow. If GS gets replaced in 3rd job with Charge Blow, that's fairly quick, and even then, if you relying on GS, why get the PS + SB enhancer skill? I'd rather have a more reliable skill that can last me at least 2 jobs rather than one. Plus, there's the cast time of CO as well. CO takes a few seconds to cast if you aren't on a rope. Plus not only do you have to wait till 3rd job to get CO, but then master it... too long a wait for me.

GS just seems to be too experimental of a skill as my friend told me and I feel she was right about it. Power Strike with Enhancer skill hits fairly high at times to not use anything but it at times. Plus I'm strong enough to where Slash Blast can tear up most stuff fairly quickly in 1 or 2 hits on my lower level Page too.

I will not kid you, getting to 100 will not take more than a week or two of casual playing.
    By then you should have CO maxed.
    Also I made a page; having 18 into PS/SB doesn't affect my training speed at all, but then again I'm relatively well funded. It differs according to each person.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

3 monsters is nice, but it just doesn't hit well enough for my tastes, plus a skill that's useful only for 1 job set... not my cup of coffee mind you if it'll be here today and gone tomorrow.
    And Slash Blast is useful for more than one skill set...?
    You can't use Ground Smash in first job. You can't consider first job because you don't have Ground Smash by then, and that's what we're comparing it too.

If GS gets replaced in 3rd job with Charge Blow, that's fairly quick, and even then, if you relying on GS, why get the PS + SB enhancer skill? I'd rather have a more reliable skill that can last me at least 2 jobs rather than one.
    People get Enhanced Basics because they want to use Power Strike and Ground Smash in second job, and Power Strike and Charged Blow in third job. Also to give them a variety of skills.
    Again, Slash Blast only lasts 2 jobs because you get it as a Swordsman. To compare Slash Blast and Ground Smash, you'd have to disregard first job.

Plus, there's the cast time of CO as well. CO takes a few seconds to cast if you aren't on a rope.
    It's really not that bad. It would take at most 3 seconds to cast (HS takes about 3 seconds, and CO is faster than HS). You can jump cast, jump off a platform and cast, down-jump and cast...
    Besides, it needs to active before all your charges, and HP Recovery if you use it. You'll have to cast it eventually.

Plus not only do you have to wait till 3rd job to get CO, but then master it... too long a wait for me.
    The thing about that is...by the time most WK's have maxed CO, they'd already have maxed CB. Why would you use Ground Smash or Slash Blast when you have Charged Blow? Even at that time, only some people will still use Power Strike, so level 8 Enhanced Basics buffs Power Strike is sufficient.

GS just seems to be too experimental of a skill as my friend told me and I feel she was right about it. Power Strike with Enhancer skill hits fairly high at times to not use anything but it at times. Plus I'm strong enough to where Slash Blast can tear up most stuff fairly quickly in 1 or 2 hits on my lower level Page too.
    Any unfunded warrior will tear up mobs in 1-3 hits. Even my nude level 50 Page with 40 base dex and clean Maplemas Lights can do that.

The main problem with warriors is that you have to walk to the monster to hit it. You can use speed equips to compensate for the lack of mobility, but the the horizontal and vertical range of Ground Smash is where the advantage lies. That is why so many people favour it over Slash Blast; at times you don't even need to be on the same platform as the mob to hit it. It saves you the time of walking up to the monster's face to be able to kill it; remember that with Slash Blast you must do that to all your mobs. Where one may be jump-casting Slash Blast, another could just stand and spam Ground Smash. That is also why the fixed range of third and fourth job skills is so advantageous.

Besides, how often will you find a mob of 6? 5? Even mobs of four become increasingly hard to find as you approach third job.

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    I will not kid you, getting to 100 will not take more than a week or two of casual playing.
    People's definition of "casual playing" will vary. For me to get to 100 again will take more than a month or two; that's me playing casually.
    Let's put it this way. "Casual playing" for me means about two hours a week (one hour per weekend). Two weeks of "casual playing" totals to about 4 hours. How many people can go from 1 to 100 in 4 hours?