Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Elemental Warrior (Paladin)

The author's own build was probably a non-CO reliant build, hence why the skills aren't maxed. Of course, this is only a guide. You don't have to follow it exactly as it is. (You also don't need two question marks after every question, one will do.)

If you decide not to go for a CO reliant build in second job, choose either Enhanced Basics or Ground Smash to max. If you don't know which is better, put one point into Ground Smash and try it out yourself. It's a personal decision, but both will be replaced during third job.

For White Knight, you should go with a CO reliant build (i.e. the one in the guide). You can mix things around if you like, such as putting 6 into Fire Charge then maxing Charged Blow rather than waiting. All third job skills are important.

For Paladin, you need to max all skills but Rush. These skills can go past their max level, whereas first, second and third job skills cannot.

I have been following the guide from the very beginning, though made a few changes I still believe in the guide.
    Question : at lvl 88 since CO cannot go past their max lvl, am I right that , I could actually go for other skills first? Since in the end, I will still have to max CO?

Yes.

*Post needs to be 10 characters*

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    Yes.

*Post needs to be 10 characters*

what does that mean? :O

Quote Originally Posted by eargoo View Post
    what does that mean? :O
    It means that the required characters to put up a post is 10 and he didn't have 10.

The Yes was to your question.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

i see! thanks! :)
    Question : When fighting a lighting weak only mob, then I'm charged with both fire and lighting, will the effect be still the same? Or will the dmg increase further?

When fighting lightning weak only mobs, use only lightning charge for maximal damage output. Using any other charge will decrease your damage, though Ice can be used if you're training defensively.

This doesn't apply to other elementally weak monsters - only exclusively lightning weak mobs.

i see i see
    i know what to do now! THANKS! :D

Jr. Necki

TBH i would max threaten before power guard in 2nd job because threaten also reduces the mob's attack, meaning you're going to get hit for less damage. Might as well take threaten since it weakens the monsters defense as well.

And in 4th job, heavens hammer really isn't all that good and blast should be maxed before it. I've only got 1 point into it myself. It is nice though since it completely ignores the new accuracy formula. I was able to hit castilian toad with it (level 180) while i was only 15x.

Quote Originally Posted by KidGruesome View Post
    Spoiler!

Edit: Forgot to mention that my main IGN is saphrogenik. He is a lvl 85 DK and no he is not godly. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseStrips View Post
    TBH i would max threaten before power guard in 2nd job because threaten also reduces the mob's attack, meaning you're going to get hit for less damage. Might as well take threaten since it weakens the monsters defense as well.

And in 4th job, heavens hammer really isn't all that good and blast should be maxed before it. I've only got 1 point into it myself. It is nice though since it completely ignores the new accuracy formula. I was able to hit castilian toad with it (level 180) while i was only 15x.
    In 2nd job, you'll never have the time to use Threaten because you can destroy a mob in the time it takes to cast Threaten. Heaven's Hammer is more for bossing but yeah, you can also get Blast before Heaven's Hammer if you want.