Contents
    • Introduction
    • Revision
    • Pros & Cons
    • AP Build
    • SP Build
    • Training Spots

Introduction
    This guide is for post-BB/Chaos Paladins and is reliant on Combat Orders to max out your Paladin's potential. So what does Combat Orders do? It increases all unmaxed first to third job skills by 1-2 levels. Your fourth job skills are raised by 2 levels regardless of them being maxed or not.

Revision

Pros
    • Hardly needs HP pots because of innate defenses, HP Recovery, Divine Shield, and Guardian
    • Can't get instantly dropped to 1 HP by bosses because of Power Guard
    • Four elemental attributes which can allow a lot more damage to certain mobs/bosses
    • Amazing bossing potential (Threaten, Divine Shield, Guardian, Magic Crash)
    • Potential to be stronger than other classes (weapon and shield)
    • Combat Orders

Cons
    • Relatively weaker than several other classes
    • Relatively harder to train than other classes
    • Very difficult to find Advanced Charge 10

AP Build
    After Big Bang, accuracy doesn't actually play a role in the ability of one to hit a monster anymore. In simpler terms, DEX is useless for Warriors and should remain at its default, 4. All of your AP should be added to STR.

SP Build (Swordman)
    Spoiler!

SP Build (Page)
    Spoiler!

SP Build (White Knight)
    Spoiler!

SP Build (Paladin)
    Spoiler!

Training Spots
    This section will only cover optimal training spots, not all of them.
    • 10-30: Pig, Ribbon Pig, Blue Ribbon Pig, Yellow Starfish, Angry Starfish, Jellyfish, Cool Jellyfish (all are located in the maps to the right of Nautilus)
    • 30-40: Bubble Tea (Kerning Square) or Mushroom Kingdom
    • 40-50: CDs (Kerning Square)
    • 50-60: Scarecrow (Haunted House)
    • 60-80: Twisted Jester (Haunted House)
    • 80-90/100: Mysterious Path 3 (especially good because the mobs are weak to fire and lightning)
    • 90/100-110/120: Aliens (NLC)
    • 110-120 (alternative): Lionheart Castle (not suggested unless you're leeching)
    • 120+: Lionheart Castle
    Last edited by ShotMyToe; 2nd August 2012 at 11:03 PM.

Banned

so if combat orders do not max out 1-3rd job skills, explain this

Why in the flying **** would you NOT max out the important skills?

Notably - Final Attack, Power Guard, Charges, booster and threaten?

You just basically contradicted everything that this guide was supposed to explain

I think what he meant to say was that CO doesn't boost skills past their max, so in theory it would be best not to max them and put the skill points elsewhere. Although I don't agree with his skill build he has presented it as how he has done it and is not forcing people to use this guide.

I don't really like this guide for it provides the same explanation for every job build not why where the skills are useful.

If you really have a Paladin I suggest you explain on how the charges work and stack, and add more information about training.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alfredxxcore View Post
    I think what he meant to say was that CO doesn't boost skills past their max, so in theory it would be best not to max them and put the skill points elsewhere. Although I don't agree with his skill build he has presented it as how he has done it and is not forcing people to use this guide.

I don't really like this guide for it provides the same explanation for every job build not why where the skills are useful.

If you really have a Paladin I suggest you explain on how the charges work and stack, and add more information about training.
    The point is, he didn't even clearly explain why leave the skills unmaxed when he specifically said this.

NOTE: This build will be reliant on Combat Orders. Combat orders does NOT boost 1st ~ 3rd job skills even if it is maxed, regardless of what Hidden Street says (I own a Paladin).
    I don't own a paladin, and for those like me or who want to create a paladin, this quote will simply say that combat orders will NOT affect 1-3rd job skiils.

I completely understand what you're saying, I was looking at that exact quote when I posted a response. I don't know if you've ever seen CO in effect but it raises the skill level of all skills by 2 point when maxed. He left his skill at 18 believing that it wouldn't make a difference when CO is maxed and the points could be put else where. I don't agree with this one bit and from my experience with the skill it has raised my 2nd and 3rd job skills, but I can't tell you if it effects ones own skills for I don't have a WK to test this.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkner View Post
    so if combat orders do not max out 1-3rd job skills, explain this

Why in the flying **** would you NOT max out the important skills?

Notably - Final Attack, Power Guard, Charges, booster and threaten?

You just basically contradicted everything that this guide was supposed to explain
    I think what he was trying to say was that CO cannot bring first to third job skills above max level. Technically, only two skills need to be maxed; Charged Blow (as a pre-requisite to ACB) and Combat Orders. There is currently a glitch with HP Recovery where you must cast CO twice before your HP increases.

@ShotMyToe: There are some flaws in your guide, if I may. They are open to debate however, as opinions vary wildly.
    1st job
    - In no circumstance is HP Increase maxed first; it is now maxed last. This is because HP Increase raises your current HP by a percentage, so no matter what time you max it your HP will be the same.
    - Slash Blast is usually maxed first, giving players the ability to mob. Mobbing is where the bulk of experience comes from, and killing monsters takes so little hits now anyway. However, this is personal preference; some people prefer 1v1 skills.

2nd job
    - The first skill point is usually Ground Smash, as its 200% range is incredibly useful for training.
    - As with most pre-BB warriors, Booster is usually left at around 6 as soon as possible. This gives players faster attacking speed, which is extremely important when training and bossing. Mastery does not need to be maxed.
    - Enhanced Basics and Ground Smash are also interchangeable, depending on the training location. Enhanced Basics is used when the player chooses to Rombots Grind in CPQ, whereas Ground Smash is used for all other training purposes. Very rarely does a level 40 go bossing.
    - Booster is maxed last, unless personal preference conflicts otherwise. It only increases in duration.

3rd job
    - Fire charge does not necessarily need to be at 18 straight off the bat. In some cases, it is left at level 6 to take at advantage of CB's stun earlier on.
    - WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU MAX CO BEFORE CB?
    - CB should be maxed after your first charge. It replaces Ground Smash, having similar range, greater damage and 90% stun rate, in almost all situations EXCEPT when one needs to lure (specifically those who are unfunded and lack the damage range to kill quickly)
    - Lightning charge is left at 18 after CB and Fire Charge. This allows you to Dual Charge, which adds a slight increase in damage.
    - THEN you max CO.
    - Shield mastery may be added earlier on to take advantage of the defence bonus. This only applies if the player is already using a shield; if not, it can be ignored for the meantime.
    - Ice Charge is not better than Lightning Charge. Compare Ice weak mobs to Fire weak mobs for evidence.
    - Despite what the maple community tends to thinks, CO is not as useful as it seems to those in 3rd job, besides WK's (who have it themselves). Most classes max their skills, so CO does almost nothing for them. Party skill or not, it should not be maxed first. Do Spearmen max Hyperbody first, and do thieves max haste first? All classes besides priests focus on attacking/damage increasing skills before party buffs. Heck, sometimes priests will go SR first just to avoid Jesters and jerks.

Some points on your very brief training guide
    - I can understand how and why it is so brief, don't get me wrong.
    - http://global.hidden-street.net/monster/twisted-jester
    Jesters are not Fire Weak.
    - You need to find out and add alternate training spots to Jesters and MP3. These maps are extremely crowded, even for me (an Australian player), and in some cases hacker infested and/or completely overcrowded. A good place to start is looking at the World Map and learning (yes, I mean researching and learning) elemental weaknesses of various mobs. For example, Ariant is an excellent place to train early third job due to the amount of Fire Weak mobs. Sometimes mobs will be good despite having no elemental weakness, so be careful of that too.
    - You should also be more decisive on training grounds before adding them in. This is a guide, not a diary.

Overall
    - You need to explain yourself more. There must be reason behind choices; people need to know and understand these reasons. A guide may be based of what you did, but no one can, or will, follow your exact steps.
    - You need to add non-CO reliant builds, and show the pros and cons between both. I assume you know them already.
    - Your AP build needs to be more explicit, and also changed. It is a misconception that accuracy plays no part at all; accuracy is needed at higher levels (about 225 from memory. I'll find the formula sometime).
    - The training section need A LOT of work. Gather information from other sources, ask other people about their experiences in maps. Take into account that servers differ in population.

Things you may want to consider
    - More research.
    - Weapons are extremely important. The speed of the weapon impacts on damage significantly; you may want to research and add this into your guide.
    - There are other things, but I think I'm going a bit overboard.
    Last edited by DlPSHl7; 2nd February 2011 at 03:10 PM. Reason: 200% range for GS, not 2000%. My bad.

Yeah, sorry. I was trying to say that Combat Orders doesn't add 2 skill points to 1st ~ 3rd job skills that are already maxed. I'll fix it now. And as I did say in the second to last sentence, my guide is incomplete.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShotMyToe View Post
    Yeah, sorry. I was trying to say that Combat Orders doesn't add 2 skill points to 1st ~ 3rd job skills that are already maxed. I'll fix it now. And as I did say in the second to last sentence, my guide is incomplete.
    Thanks for clearing it up. It just needs a little more improvement

Done for now. :D

I know that it's still incomplete, but...

Why does Slash Blast beat Ground Smash? Most mobs are found in groups of 3, and the horizontal and vertical range of Ground Smash is amazing. If Ground Smash is so useless, why touch it at all? Why not just max all other important skills and leave it completely untouched?

Convince me. Prove to me why your build is effective, compared to the conventional build. Why are Combat Orders and Lightning charge, both of which are buffs, maxed before Charged Blow, an attacking skill? Why is HP Increase maxed first? Since when were Jesters fire weak, in fact, weak to anything but heal? Show me that you know what you're talking about.