Thread: Making a Warrior, bunch of questions.

Default Making a Warrior, bunch of questions.

Dear avid Hidden-Street Maplers,

I am making a new Warrior,I need a break from my current play style of only new classes.
    I have a handful of questions that need answered before making said character. Here are some of the questions:

1,) I'm debating between Fighter and Spearman. (Page is out of the question) It would be nice to have a character to HB my main (Level 75 Marauder), this continues into question two.

2,) Because I've got no more Character slots, I've either got to delete a character, or make it in a new world. (Which will be El nido) However, my Marauder cannot be deleted, my Mechanic cannot be deleted, and my Dual Blade cannot be deleted. Which leave my level 51 Wild Hunter. However, he has got the revolution crossbow. As well as Subani's legacy to do. Do I delete the Wild Hunter, or make the Warrior in a new world?

3,) Which of the two classes will level faster? I understand that leveling is easier, but I'm more referring to 70-120.

4,) If I make a Spearman, what is the recommended build?

5,) I understand the accuracy formula was changed, so I can go Dexless. Are there any DEX required weapons that I need to know about, preferably ones that are rather important to your DPS / DPM?

6,) How often should I upgrade my gear?

Also, when should I start cubing gear and hunting for 3 lined potential ones? I know the 71-120 Area of potential, but when should i start cubing my gear? 80, 90, etc.
    Assuming I play for 3 hours a day, how long would it take me to get a Warrior 1-70?

Should I make the character on a new account to be able to HB my Marauder, or should I not worry about it? If i make it with the marauder, I will be getting 7 BoF.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    1,) I'm debating between Fighter and Spearman. (Page is out of the question) It would be nice to have a character to HB my main (Level 75 Marauder), this continues into question two.

2,) Because I've got no more Character slots, I've either got to delete a character, or make it in a new world. (Which will be El nido) However, my Marauder cannot be deleted, my Mechanic cannot be deleted, and my Dual Blade cannot be deleted. Which leave my level 51 Wild Hunter. However, he has got the revolution crossbow. As well as Subani's legacy to do. Do I delete the Wild Hunter, or make the Warrior in a new world?

3,) Which of the two classes will level faster? I understand that leveling is easier, but I'm more referring to 70-120.

5,) I understand the accuracy formula was changed, so I can go Dexless. Are there any DEX required weapons that I need to know about, preferably ones that are rather important to your DPS / DPM?

1) Personally, I'd go for Spearmans
    2) Have you tried making a completely new account?
    3) I'm guessing DK (with nothing to back up my statement)
    4) Max Everything except Ground Smash (11 points)
    5) No
    6) Not too often. Since leveling is pretty much easier now, clean weapons from 30~70-ish should work out nicely (it's not like you're going to boss or anything at those levels)
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Dear avid Hidden-Street Maplers,

I am making a new Warrior,I need a break from my current play style of only new classes.
    I have a handful of questions that need answered before making said character. Here are some of the questions:

Also, when should I start cubing gear and hunting for 3 lined potential ones? I know the 71-120 Area of potential, but when should i start cubing my gear? 80, 90, etc.
    Assuming I play for 3 hours a day, how long would it take me to get a Warrior 1-70?

Should I make the character on a new account to be able to HB my Marauder, or should I not worry about it? If i make it with the marauder, I will be getting 7 BoF.
    1. Spearman for reasons I'll iterate in other questions

2. Different account.

3. Dark Knight is generally faster.

4.Standard Linear build for the first two jobs,
    Choice of Buster or Fury first in 3rd Job, I say one Buster 5 Wisdom, Then Fury and finish Wisdom off, Go to Blood and possibly Roar.

5.This is one of the reasons I say DK, Stonetooth is a great weapon for warriors, however it has a high dex requirement, you won't have to worry about using it or not if you go spearman.

6. A little bit of gear at the beginning is fine, transfer some good work gloves over. Possibly a Zhelm at 60-70 And that should last you until 100+

Even if you go fighter there are plenty of 2h weapons that don't require dex, the ones that do require dex have the fast(5) designation versus the normal(6) designation of the normal 2h weapons.

Spearmen typically have slow(7) weapons, however there are some normal(6) and fast(5) spears/polearms around.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Fighters train faster than Spearmen, Dark Knights traditionally trained faster than Crusaders (though Saders have Brandish now, so it may have changed).

Spearmen need 80 dex to equip the Arcglaive (normal 6), which is the best weapon besides the near impossible Purple Surfboard (fast 5).

Crusaders need 120 Dex for the Stonetooth, 95 for NRW. Cost wise, NRW is much cheaper, and the money you save can help you upgrade other areas.

In terms of gear, it is not seriously needed until about level 100 when training starts to slow down and bossing is on the horizon. However, if you're really that concerned you could do basic attack work gloves and a Z-helm at 50 (I prefer Scarlion and Targa though).

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    1 Ground Smash <- It's extremely useful for training, even at level 1. You'll have 1 on it eventually as well.
    5 Mastery <- I believe that makes Booster open? Or was it 3 Mastery?
    6 Booster <- Lots of people can live with 60 seconds of booster. It's personal preference really.
    Max Mastery <- Unlike before Big Bang, you actually need to max it straight off this time.
    1 Final Attack <- Just so it's there.

Now, either Enhanced Basics or Ground Smash. Because you're a spearman, you have the advantage of the range of spears/PA's. Thus, you can go Enhanced Basics quite safely. However, Ground Smash still has greater range, and outdamages a buffed Slash Blast on 3 monsters. You'd usually only find about 3 monsters anyway. It's doesn't particularly matter, since both get replaced by Crusher and Fury in third job.

3 Iron Will <- Still weaker than 11 Iron Body, so leave it at that for a while.
    Max Hyper Body <- Because...it's Hyper Body.
    Max Booster <- It's better than the last few options.
    Max Final Attack <- It's between Final Attack and Iron Body now. Both are fairly useless during training.
    Max Iron Will <- There's no point in having both Enhanced Basics and Ground Smash.
    1 Enhanced Basic or 11 Ground Smash [i]<- Depending on what you decided to max out.[i]

In the end, you'd have maxed everything except either Enhanced Basics (level 1) or Ground Smash (level 11). As with most skill builds, this is only a guide; your playing style will effect the order things get maxed. For example, you might more into booster or max Iron Will before Booster.

Tell me if the skills don't add up. I think I went wrong somewhere actually.
    ^That's basically me ripping off a chunk of a previous post on Spearmen skill builds. No clue on a DK build, never bothered to think of one.